gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Rookie LT who got DESTROYED by a GOOD pass rusher in Suggs.. Dware >>> Suggs. Brown sat out ALL of last season with an Injury. Interior OL Isnt the greatest... Show me where you have a good o line.

Theres no way they leave a rookie on an island with Ware like they did Suggs. Trent is going to have help all night.

Theres no way they leave a rookie on an island with Ware like they did Suggs. Trent is going to have help all night.

Ok then that will leave Ratlif to have a field day

we have a suspect OL? is this still the injury riddled line from last season?

i don't think so.

Is this a joke? You have an injury prone Jamaal Brown anchoring the right side, along with a rookie who was abused by Terrell Suggs (protecting McNabb's blind side nonetheless). Pop in the game tape of when the Cowboys abused the Eagles twice last year. You should see similar results this weekend considering your QB has a bum ankle and is operating behind a worse o-line.

Is this a joke? You have an injury prone Jamaal Brown anchoring the right side, along with a rookie who was abused by Terrell Suggs (protecting McNabb's blind side nonetheless). Pop in the game tape of when the Cowboys abused the Eagles twice last year. You should see similar results this weekend considering your QB has a bum ankle and is operating behind a worse o-line.

Trent Williams had 1 bad game out of 4 in the pre-season. People say he was dominated, he allowed 1 sack and that could have been easily avoided if McNabb had just stepped up in the pocket. He got blown up on a few runs but came out against New York and was pancaking people. He knocked one guys helmet off on a run block.

Im not worried about Trent at all.

Before everyone starts saying how bad or how good the skins o-line is let's wait for week 1 of the REGULAR season. I love how people buy into pre-season play.

Browns waived ILB David Veikune today. He was their 2nd round pick last year but never really had a chance to settle in because the browns kept switching his position his entire rookie year from inside to outside linebacker and back again.

This would be a great pickup by the skins...Veikune is a really smart guy too. We should at least try to add him to our practice squad.

"Veikune made headlines in May when he won a bet with Mangini by diagramming a complicated blitz formation in front of the team."

Browns waived ILB David Veikune today. He was their 2nd round pick last year but never really had a chance to settle in because the browns kept switching his position his entire rookie year from inside to outside linebacker and back again.

This would be a great pickup by the skins...Veikune is a really smart guy too. We should at least try to add him to our practice squad.

I don't think he's eligible for the practice squad as he played in 10 games last season. Six is the maximum for practice squad still isn't it?

"Veikune made headlines in May when he won a bet with Mangini by diagramming a complicated blitz formation in front of the team."

I liked what i saw of him in college but the skins are pretty well set at outside linebacker this year.

Maybe the PC but i'll bet some other teams signs him to the active roster.

I liked what i saw of him in college but the skins are pretty well set at outside linebacker this year.

Maybe the PC but i'll bet some other teams signs him to the active roster.

We still have 1 more vacancy on the practice squad, i wonder what they are waiting for.

Trent Williams had 1 bad game out of 4 in the pre-season. People say he was dominated, he allowed 1 sack and that could have been easily avoided if McNabb had just stepped up in the pocket. He got blown up on a few runs but came out against New York and was pancaking people. He knocked one guys helmet off on a run block.

Im not worried about Trent at all.

Well you're not Donovan McNabb now are you? And he's not worried about Trent either. But he might be a little concerned with Ware and Spenser.

Well you're not Donovan McNabb now are you? And he's not worried about Trent either. But he might be a little concerned with Ware and Spenser.

the way the Cowboys OL has looked they better be worried about Orakpo/Carter..

the way the Cowboys OL has looked they better be worried about Orakpo/Carter..

Well I personally would love it if you guys won the game 6-3 With 6-8 sacks on both sides. With 3 turnovers on both sides. No W/R with more than 35 yards. And two Q/B with no higher than a 64 passer rating. That would be game of the year as far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:

WASHINGTON -- Donovan McNabb said Tuesday his sprained ankle isn't 100 percent, but it won't keep him from starting the Washington Redskins' opener Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys.

"Yes, I will be starting this weekend," McNabb told ESPN980. "And I look forward to it."

McNabb sprained his left ankle 2½ weeks ago in a preseason game against Baltimore. McNabb said the injury isn't classified as a high ankle sprain -- the more severe type that has more significant ligament damage and a longer recovery time -- but he said it's "very close to it." He said he's getting multiple treatments each day.

"Is it 100 percent? No. ... But it's getting better," he said.

McNabb returned to practice Monday, but lost valuable time working with a new offense as he prepares for his Redskins debut after 11 years with the Philadelphia Eagles.

McNabb also talked about the ongoing saga surrounding defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, whose relationship with coach Mike Shanahan has been strained for several months over various issues. It's uncertain what Haynesworth's role will be -- or whether Haynesworth will still be with the team, given the possibility of a trade -- by the time kickoff arrives Sunday.

"Albert is a guy that's one of our brothers in the locker room, and we want to protect him and make sure that he's taken care of and he's fine," McNabb said. "Albert is a guy who understands now, he understands that, 'Hey, I've got to put the time and effort in to get an opportunity to show what I can do.' And he knows what he can do.

"We can't win without Albert. He plays a major part on our defense, and everyone knows that. It's just unfortunate what's been going on and how everything has transpired, but that's the game of football, and I think he'll handle it the right way. ... I think he'll be here. I hope he'll be here. ... As a player, you would want Albert to be here."

Looks like he is already getting his excuses lined up....enjoy him. How many times in a career can a guy let it be known he isn't at 100%? We get it Donovan, if you stink its your ankles fault as its not 100%..got ya

Rookie LT who got DESTROYED by a GOOD pass rusher in Suggs.. Dware >>> Suggs. Brown sat out ALL of last season with an Injury. Interior OL Isnt the greatest... Show me where you have a good o line.

Shanahan is good for one thing and it's getting a lot out of not much on the oline. They will be running that one cut system and misdirection plays.

Looks like he is already getting his excuses lined up....enjoy him. How many times in a career can a guy let it be known he isn't at 100%? We get it Donovan, if you stink its your ankles fault as its not 100%..got ya

:thumbsup:

"It's very distracting, but we try not to let it get to us. Because we're tired of talking about it, Albert's tired of talking about it, Shanahan's tired of talking about it. Everybody is. We want to move on to be a normal team in this league and not worry about individualism. ...We got a big game coming up and we can't be worrying about No. 92 right now and all this speculation."

Sounds like he's tired of the media asking the same ole dumb questions and making stories out of nothing...

Sounds like he's tired of the media asking the same ole dumb questions and making stories out of nothing...

Good luck with that. That was his excuse for 11 years in Philly.

He blamed it on the Philly media and the fans. Guess Washington is stupid too. Blame anyone besides 5. ;)

Good luck with that. That was his excuse for 11 years in Philly.

He blamed it on the Philly media and the fans. Guess Washington is stupid too. Blame anyone besides 5. ;)

I think that quote came from Orakpo.

I think that quote came from Orakpo.

I was referring to McNabb saying they couldn't win without Haynesworth.

I may have quoted the wrong post.