gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Redskins defense is the truth. If they can get Haynesworth to buy in they will be nasty on D. Unfortunately, I think they're going to have to play small ball on offense. They just don't have the weapons offensively to strike big plays. What they do have (finally) is a QB who has spent a large part of his career making due with receivers ranging from below average to solid starters.

The skins need to get the running game going more than anything. Cooley and Moss each had 8 catches. We can get by with just Moss/Cooley as long as we can run the ball.

Redskins defense is the truth. If they can get Haynesworth to buy in they will be nasty on D. Unfortunately, I think they're going to have to play small ball on offense. They just don't have the weapons offensively to strike big plays. What they do have (finally) is a QB who has spent a large part of his career making due with receivers ranging from below average to solid starters.

Dallas had 380 yards against them, should've had two touchdowns and won the game. 12 penalties killed them. Skins D did get a fumble but most teams would've been smart enough to sit on the ball or at least throw a hail mary.

As for McNabb....

McNabb's 46.9 completion % last night was actually his worst completion % since November 23rd 2008 against Baltimore...and he was benched in that game. His completion % on Sunday is the 7th lowest for McNabb since 2000. His 63.3 QB rating is his 2nd lowest in a game since that Baltimore game as well.

Skins did very little to win the game last night, Dallas did everything possible to lose it.

Nice find Jason...and yeah I don't know how Skins fans could be happy about McNabb's performance...they won the game yeah but they really shouldn't be happy.

In mcnabbs defense:

-First game against a tough team

-Hasnt taken a game snap in 3 weeks.

-Learning new offense

-Anthony Armstrong dropped a good fade pass that should have been a TD (The first time)

-A few drops by the other receivers.

Im not really worried yet.

In mcnabbs defense:

-Learning new offense

-Anthony Armstrong dropped a good fade pass that should have been a TD (The first time)

To play devils advocate:

- It was the third time in a row he's played that Dallas D and all 3 times he's looked lackluster

- He's come back from longer layoffs in the past and looked fine

- Shannahan runs the WCO, it's not really 'new', just different.

To play devils advocate:

- It was the third time in a row he's played that Dallas D and all 3 times he's looked lackluster

- He's come back from longer layoffs in the past and looked fine

- Shannahan runs the WCO, it's not really 'new', just different.

Yeah...I'm not buying that whole new system BS story either. The drops I can see, but c'mon with the new system nonsense.

In mcnabbs defense:

-Learning new offense

- McNabb's last two games were Vs. Dallas...and those two games he played better but it cost him his job. He should know the Dallas D pretty well by now

- Not the first time McNabb has been injured (or the last) and he hasn't played this bad

- McNabb has been with the Redskins since Easter. I think he should know the offense by now plus he went to Arizona w/ his recievers like he normall does

- Skins recievers suck, plain and simple. McNabb has played with crap before though at WR

The Skins also ran the ball 21 times, passed 32 times. Portis' longest run was 1 yard less than McNabb's longest run. McNabb might have many games like this because he has no running game. Skins are going to rely on the pass more. Skins had no business winning this game at all but hey, they did and nothing can change that. Now they get a Houston team that just made the Colts look bad. Good luck!

Now if its week 3 or 4 and McNabb is still not clicking i will worry. But in reality this isnt going to be an explosive offense this year anyway. I think they can do enough to win some games but you wont see us blowing out many teams this year thats for sure.

Also Dallas has a very good defense.

His last three games were against Dallas and he actually played better in the last two than he did yesterday. The last two pretty much cost him his job with the Eagles. McNabb should know the Dallas D better than any QB right now.

Lets be honest, McNabb's completion percentage was bad because the Redskins couldn't catch a cold. He would have had a touchdown if it weren't for that little guy on the outside blowing the fade twice also.

keep those excuses handy. mcnabb's a perfect fit for fans like you.

In mcnabbs defense:

-Learning new offense

Dallas had 380 yards against them, should've had two touchdowns and won the game. 12 penalties killed them. Skins D did get a fumble but most teams would've been smart enough to sit on the ball or at least throw a hail mary.

As for McNabb....

McNabb's 46.9 completion % last night was actually his worst completion % since November 23rd 2008 against Baltimore...and he was benched in that game. His completion % on Sunday is the 7th lowest for McNabb since 2000. His 63.3 QB rating is his 2nd lowest in a game since that Baltimore game as well.

Skins did very little to win the game last night, Dallas did everything possible to lose it.

I think McNabb did his best Trent Dilfer impression last night. Yea, it wasn't vintage McNabb, but up until a few days ago we didn't even know if he could play in the game. You're being way too harsh and manipulating stats. What's the only stat that matters at the end of the game? BINGO!

McNabb will only get better as he continues to develope with his new team. This was the 3rd time in a row McNabb faced Dallas, and the result -- surprise -- was much better than under Reid. He had everything going against him last night in terms of facing a dominant pass rushing defense vs. a very new O-line.

Guess what, McNabb avoided getting sacked for the most part, and he took off and ran when needed. In the end, he put his team in position to win by NOT MAKING BONEHEAD DECISIONS. Can the great Tony Romo say the same? How many INTs could Romo have had on that final drive -- I counted two. If you live and die by the little stats, then he didn't have a great game, if you judge him on the final outcome and whether or not he protected the ball and kept his team in the game, than he had a very good first effort.

You see guys like Flacco with 3 WRs that aren't great, but are better than what McNabb currently has, and you appreciate the job McNabb is doing so far. And you know it's only a matter of time before Snyder upgrades at the WR spot. When that happens, forgetaboutit.

I like this part of peter king's MMQB:

"The Redskins deserve kudos for starting the offseason tackleless, basically, and now looking like they're in above-average shape there. Jammal Brown, playing for the first time in more than a year after 2009 hernia surgery, manned the right side well Sunday night, and Trent Williams was competitive and strong; they held DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer to nine tackles and a sack in the odd 13-7 Washington win."

After the cowboys game Jay Ratliff called skins center Casey Rabach the dirtiest player in the NFL.

"Ratliff says, for his money, you’re the dirtiest player in the NFL. He says you’ll do anything and everything it takes to try and win those individual battles. What say you?

Rabach: "Fing A, I will,” he said. "Are you ****ting me? Yeah. This ain’t Fing tiddlywinks. This is football.”"

Link

I think McNabb did his best Trent Dilfer impression last night. Yea, it wasn't vintage McNabb, but up until a few days ago we didn't even know if he could play in the game. You're being way too harsh and manipulating stats. What's the only stat that matters at the end of the game? BINGO!

McNabb is finished. Enjoy.

In mcnabbs defense:

-Learning new offense

Wasn't that 2nd one also catchable? I was like wtf?

Either way, I love the touch Don put on those passes; over the defender, right over Armstrong's shoulder, RIGHT in to his hands.

It's apparent Mcnabb was trying his best with what he had to work with, the Boys took took away all of his playmakers but 2, and he still managed to get the ball to those 2 playmakers some 12 times.

You can only imagine how V. Jackson's mere presence would've totally tranformed that very same offense.

I hope he gets 9 wins this year so we get a third for him.

If they get 4 wins, but the first 6 players selected to the pro bowl decline and he is an alternate, do we still get a third?

Thats my ideal scenario :)

After the cowboys game Jay Ratliff called skins center Casey Rabach the dirtiest player in the NFL.

"Ratliff says, for his money, you’re the dirtiest player in the NFL. He says you’ll do anything and everything it takes to try and win those individual battles. What say you?

Rabach: "Fing A, I will,” he said. "Are you ****ting me? Yeah. This ain’t Fing tiddlywinks. This is football.”"

Link

:lol:

I took you guys on the money line and the under. Thanks very much!

I'm probably going to take you and the under again this week.

I'm also taking the ML against Dallas again. And another under.

Good times.

Good writeup and pretty good review of our offensive line during the cowboys game. Interesting to note the author says that our best interior lineman during the cowboys game was Artis Hicks. That was a good pickup this off-season. He also gives a glowing review of Trent Williams

Link