gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Good writeup and pretty good review of our offensive line during the cowboys game. Interesting to note the author says that our best interior lineman during the cowboys game was Artis Hicks. That was a good pickup this off-season. He also gives a glowing review of Trent Williams

Link

The Redskins love former Eagles

Washington Redskins rookie left tackle Trent Williams will undergo an MRI exam Monday to determine the severity of his left knee sprain.

Williams had to leave Sunday's overtime loss to the Houston Texans after spraining the knee and injuring his left big toe late in the fourth quarter.

"Somebody landed it on it wrong," Williams told reporters after the game.

Williams, the fourth pick in last April's draft, said trainers tested his ACL and said it was fine, but he limped noticeably in the locker room. He said his leg felt sore.

"I just want to get back out there on the field. I just hate having to sit that last drive out and watch my team playing overtime without me," he said.

Losing Williams for any length of time would be a blow to the Redskins’ offense. Washington likely would put Stephon Heyer at left tackle and keep Jammal Brown at right tackle. Heyer is not nearly as quick or as strong as Williams and routinely gets beat when he plays on the left side. He has improved as a right tackle but is a problem on the left side.

McNabb passes for 170 and the Skins win.

McNabb passes for 724 yards and the Skins lose.

What a crazy game.

Anyone else know exactly what was going to happen when Nab got the ball back in a tie game with 2 mins left?

I did. :lol:

Dude, I knew exactly what was going to happen when I was getting "2-0!!!!" txt messages at halftime from friends who are Washington fans. Its almost like I'm the only one who has watches Redskins\McNabb games.

Dude, I knew exactly what was going to happen when I was getting "2-0!!!!" txt messages at halftime from friends who are Washington fans. Its almost like I'm the only one who has watches Redskins\McNabb games.

:lol: Game isn't ever over, they should've known better.

Anyone else know exactly what was going to happen when Nab got the ball back in a tie game with 2 mins left?

I did. :lol:

yeah, he completed a pass, got sacked for a 14 yrd loss when his olineman tore his leg up and fell down. he completed a 22yrd pass on 3rd and 20, but it was called back by holding and completed a pass on 3rd and 30 but had to punt. definitely mcnabbs fault there.

McNabb wasn't under pressure at all the entire game until overtime when Trent Williams went down. And good news on Williams. Knee MRI came back negative but he has a sprained toe. He might be able to play this week in St. Louis.

yeah, he completed a pass, got sacked for a 14 yrd loss when his olineman tore his leg up and fell down. he completed a 22yrd pass on 3rd and 20, but it was called back by holding and completed a pass on 3rd and 30 but had to punt. definitely mcnabbs fault there.

Yup...they knew that would happen exactly. :towel:

LaRon Landry - 1st in the league in tackles

Rocky McIntosh - 3rd in the league in tackles.

Nate Allen Tied for 1st in the NFL with INT's...

Especially when you play a high powered offense like the Texans. Its never over til its over.

See, you get it. I don't know what my friends are thinking.

I know NEVER to take a game for granted. The one time I even joked about it, it bit me in the butt in a very bad way. (Give you a hint to which game; a long kick return followed shortly by a TD, and me saying "We are on pace to score 60 TDs!!!!)

LaRon Landry - 1st in the league in tackles

Rocky McIntosh - 3rd in the league in tackles.

Interesting stat, however, having someone in your secondary leading in tackles isnt the most positve sign in general.

But my $2 Washington defense might start getting the nod now that I traded away Min's D.

quote of the week from deangelo hall

After watching his team blow a 17-point lead Sunday, Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall says from now on he's going to shadow the opposing team's best receiver instead of being relegated to the left side of the field.

When asked if defensive coordinator Jim Haslett would be receptive to the change, Hall responded, "It don’t matter what he say. This [is] my team. This [is] my defense." Hall's overinflated ego is at it again. Despite the cornerback's declaration, any changes to the defense will be made by Haslett.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hall honestly thinks he can shut down the best WR's? Andre johnson would have made him his **** yesterday.