gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Wow we missed Trent Williams and Josh Bidwell badly today. Heyer was doing his Alex Barron impression out there, he had like 2 holding penalties and a few more false starts.

And Graham Gano had one of his punts blocked. The reason our defense isn't clicking is because we dont have a true NT on the roster. I'm tired of watching Kemo getting blown 5 yards back by a double team. He needs to take on those double teams.

hey mcnabb don't talk about our QB situation when you can't beat the rams you f'in idiot. i enjoyed watching him choke and yet again throwing another pick in a big spot.

I think its so Fing funny that McNabb had to take his little jab at the Eagles, when Vick is blowing him out of the water. McNabb has 2 TD's and 1 pick. Vick 6 TD's and ZERO picks.

Suck on that Don.

as glad as i am to see the skins lose(especially mcnabb throwing that awful pick), i still see a close game next week. eagles/skins is very seldom a blowout by one team or the other. and as bad as the skins defense has played at times, it should still be vicks first test against a somewhat decent defense-especially with guys like orakpo and fletcher that they've got to account for.

And Graham Gano had one of his punts blocked. The reason our defense isn't clicking is because we dont have a true NT on the roster. I'm tired of watching Kemo getting blown 5 yards back by a double team. He needs to take on those double teams.

The coaching staff should have never changed to 3-4. The defense was the team's one strong point and they're trying to will it into a 3-4 when isn't necessary. They need to swallow their pride and play to the player's strengths. If they want to switch to 3-4 wait a year and draft or sign a true NT.

Since 2008, the Rams are 4-31....TWO OF THOSE FOUR WINS ARE AGAINST THE REDSKINS

Is McNabb a improvement over Jason Campbell...NOPE!

Campbell (1-2): 69/102, 793 yards, 3td/2int

McNabb (1-2): 62/102, 833 yards, 2td/1int

The offense and defense under Shanny isn't that much better than it was with Jim Zorn

2009:

Total offense - 26th

Total defense - 18th

2010:

Total offense - 18th

Total defense- 22nd

how can you tell? looked like the same old guy to me: padding stats before ultimately choking.

Blame goes to Shanny. He, much like Reid is forcing McNabb to do everything. No running game, defense is getting worn down etc.

It might help if a coach would give him a running game. Poor guy left the Eagles, thought he was in a run happy system and now the Eagles are better at running the ball than they ever were under Reid and McNabb's team sucks big time at running the ball.

I knew I wasn't the only person that saw this. I made a comment about this in the Skins/Rams thread. Portis has the nerve to whine and complain, look all grumpy on the sidelines but then he lacks the balls to take a hit to gain more yards for his team. Shanny says he fell because of a HAND INJURY? I have never heard a b.s. excuse like that before. People are using his age as an excuse? Well that's what you get when you have a aging, injury prone washed up RB starting for you.

Video can be found at the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl-272973

Why did Clinton Portis take a dive in the middle of the field?

By Chris Chase

Did he or didn't he? And if he did, why?

Those are the biggest questions this week in Washington following a bizarre play during the first quarter of the Redskins-Rams game in which Clinton Portisseemingly took a soccer-style dive to avoid contact after a 27-yard first-quarter run.

On his second carry of the game, the veteran running back broke through the Rams line and cut upfield for what would become his biggest gain of the season. Just as defenders were converging on him to make a tackle, Portis slid to the ground, avoiding contact:

At first there was some question about whether Portis slipped or went down intentionally, but I think it's pretty clear that it's the latter. The turf in St. Louis isn't the easiest to grip, but there's no hitch in Portis' step when he falls and he never tries to regain his footing. He falls in one clear motion.

So if we accept that he fell on purpose, why?

In his Monday news conference, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Portis fell because of a hand injury. "His right hand was bothering him," Shanahan said. "He felt like he didn't have the ball secured, he couldn't secure it very well, and he was afraid he was going to have contact on that side. I asked him the same question and that's what he shared with me."

If you believe that coach-speak, Bill Belichick's injury report has a bridge to sell you. Portis was worried about contact, sure, but not necessarily for the reason Shanahan says. Portis fell because he didn't want to get hit.

And you know what? I don't see a huge problem with it.

Obviously you want your player to get as many yards as possible. You want a back to move a pile forward after first contact like the Packers bruising backs and tight ends did against the Bears on Monday night. But at what cost?

Portis has carried the ball over 2,000 times in his career and has thrown bruising blocks a few hundred times more. He's 29 years old, an eternity in running-back years. Those hits and blocks and bruises add up. What's the problem with him preventing another hit that he'll be feeling for four days? Quarterbacks avoid contact all the time and Ron Jaworski will talk your ear off telling you how smart they are for doing so effectively.

If Portis was 24, this would be a different story. If he could have gained 15 more yards or made it to the end zone or had a long history of dodging contact (TERRELL OWENS(notes)), we wouldn't be having this conversation. Given all the circumstances though, this is hardly the most egregious thing we saw on a football field this week.

Portis said his arm was bothering him and he thought he was about to take a hit to that side so he slid to avoid a fumble.

Why was he all grumpy on the sidelines for being benched and even more importantly, why did the Skins provide a handler for Portis after the game so he wouldn't say anything negative to the media about his 2nd half benching. There was never any discusssion about a arm injury until people questioned Portis on this slide.

The injury is going to prove to be nothing but b.s.. Just like the Haynesworth b.s.. Portis is finished.

Clinton Portis is done. Sure, he has two TDs, but they were both 1-yard plunges. He is averaging 3.7 yards per carry and has a mere 140 rushing yards through three games.

Those numbers don’t sound terrible, and they’re not damning on their own, but what happened in the Rams game is a clear sign that Portis won’t be the starting RB in Washington much longer. In the first quarter, at the end of a 27-yard scamper, Portis gave up on the play and went down without being hit or even breathed on by a Rams defender. A Ram! It’s not like Ray Lewis(notes) was looking to bury him and Portis decided to live to fight another day. This is a phantom Ram we’re talking about.

Whatever Portis’ reasons (a wrist injury was mentioned) Mike Shanahan wasn’t having any of it. Portis only got two touches the rest of the game, and Torain took over starting RB duties. Most of Torain’s numbers came on a 36-yard run, but he got the playing time over Portis.

Why was he all grumpy on the sidelines for being benched and even more importantly, why did the Skins provide a handler for Portis after the game so he wouldn't say anything negative to the media about his 2nd half benching. There was never any discusssion about a arm injury until people questioned Portis on this slide.

The injury is going to prove to be nothing but b.s.. Just like the Haynesworth b.s.. Portis is finished.

I think even Skins fans know that.

Anyone see the OP lately? :lol:

Last time I saw him post was week 1 after weaver got hurt.. He said some effed up stuff about that injury

Even if mcnabb re-signs i expect the skins to draft a QB with their first round pick next year. Shanahan tried hard to get Bradford this year, and next year is supposed to be a good one for QBs.

Even if mcnabb re-signs i expect the skins to draft a QB with their first round pick next year. Shanahan tried hard to get Bradford this year, and next year is supposed to be a good one for QBs.

you can have Kafka

The reason why the redskins suck: Vinny Cerrato. Look back at his drafts since 2005.

1: CB Carlos Rogers, starter but sucking bad this year.

1: QB Jason Campbell, backup QB

4: RB Manuel White, out of the league

5: LB Robert McCune, out of the league

6: LB Jared Newberry, out of the league

7: FB Nehemiah Broughton, starting FB for the cardinals

2: LB Rocky McIntosh, starter and a good player

5: DT Anthony Montgomery, out of the league

6: S Reed Doughty, quality backup.

6: DT Kedric Golston, starter and decent player.

7: G Kili Lefotu, out of the league

7: LB Kevin Simon, out of the league

1: S LaRon Landry, starter and has become a good player this year

5: LB Dallas Sartz, out of the league

6: LB H.B. Blades, good backup

6: QB Jordan Palmer, backup QB with the Bengals

7: TE Tyler Ecker, out of the league

2: WR Devin Thomas, potential bust

2: TE Fred Davis, good player

2: WR Malcolm Kelly, bust

3: G Chad Rhinehart, out of the league

4: CB Justin Tryon, traded to Colts

6: P Durant Brooks, out of the league

6: S Kareem Moore, starter and looks like he could be a good player

6: QB Colt Brennan, 3rd string QB with Raiders

7: DE Rob Jackson, on skins practice squad

7: S Chris Horton, good backup

1: LB Brian Orakpo, starter and looks like an elite player.

3: CB Kevin Barnes, reserve cornerback

3 (supplemental draft): DE Jeremy Jarmon, reserve defensive linemen.

5: LB Cody Glenn, reserve linebacker with the Colts

6: LB Robert Henson, good backup went to IR in the pre-season.

7: FB Eddie Williams, bouncing around the league as a reserve.

7: WR Marko Mitchell, bouncing around the league right now.

The lack of picks is most notable but when vinny did have a lot of picks like in 2008 he managed to screw it up. And out of the past 5 years he has only drafted 1 elite player in Orakpo, you could possibly label McIntosh as an elite player...hes a pro bowler in my opinion.