gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Gonna be brutal playing the skins this upcoming season.

1. Better Defense

2. Better OLine

3. Better QB

4. Better RBs

See this is why everyone hates philly fans. You guys can NEVER admit when another team does something good. They gave up nothing for a solid 29 year old tackle that will start as the Right Tackle.

Saint fans are saying they got owned

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthr...542&page=19

You're on an Eagles message board and you want Eagles fans throwing Fing roses at your feet because the Redskins picked up another malcontent.

Considering you're doing this in a thread whose initial subject was last year's money-grubbing malcontent, I find that particularly amusing.

1. Better Defense

2. Better OLine

3. Better QB

4. Better RBs

:lol:

What im shocked to see is the skins have traded for 3 players this off-season and still had a 1st round pick and their 1st and 2nd next year. Cerrato would have shipped out all 3 of those picks. I was over at the Saints message board, all of their fans are pissed right now. They are saying they were robbed in this trade, i have to agree. The skins pick up a quality starting offensive tackle and just move down 2 rounds in the draft to do so.

"you have to realize he got traded for a reason" - The saints were loaded at tackle, he was refusing to sign his tender and was demanding a trade, and he wanted a new contract. With the Saints situation at offensive tackle and using their 2nd round pick this year on Charles Brown they had little use for Brown so i think their demands came down and took what they could for him. As long as he can come back from his injuries this is a steal for the skins.

1. Better Defense

2. Better OLine

3. Better QB

4. Better RBs

1. Based on what. They're switching to the 3-4. I'd expect growing pains. Do you have NT at this point since it seems like Fat Albert is out the door?

2. Yes at least on paper (we went through this last year)

3. Yes

4. Meh. The over the hill gang doesn't strike me as brutal in any way.

What im shocked to see is the skins have traded for 3 players this off-season and still had a 1st round pick and their 1st and 2nd next year. Cerrato would have shipped out all 3 of those picks. I was over at the Saints message board, all of their fans are pissed right now. They are saying they were robbed in this trade, i have to agree. The skins pick up a quality starting offensive tackle and just move down 2 rounds in the draft to do so.

"you have to realize he got traded for a reason" - The saints were loaded at tackle, he was refusing to sign his tender and was demanding a trade, and he wanted a new contract. With the Saints situation at offensive tackle and using their 2nd round pick this year on Charles Brown they had little use for Brown so i think their demands came down and took what they could for him. As long as he can come back from his injuries this is a steal for the skins.

Which is a pretty big if. Hasn't he been injured pretty often lately. And their lack of faith in Brown would be the reason why they stacked up at that position. He wasn't in their long term plans. Don't get me wrong this is a smart move, a risky one in that he still may have the injury bug, but you didn't give up much so its worlds better than what your FO has done in the past.

It’s a little ridiculous how one season on injured reserve can make people forget about you. Jammal Brown has universally been considered one of the game’s best and all of a sudden he’s fodder?

Well that is how it seems via word of mouth.

Some of those that have undertaken this stance try and justify it with the fact that Brown has recently been placed on the trading block. What these people fail to realize is that this has more do with NFL politics rather than on the field of play.

If you look at film on Brown – at least from 2006 to 2008 – you can see how great of a pass blocking force he is. In fact, I would wager that as a pure pass blocker he was far and away the league’s best.

Over that aforementioned span it is no secret that the Saints loved to throw the ball. In fact, they threw the ball so much that their quarterback surpassed 600 passing attempts in successive years. The year prior to those they still threw the ball a whopping 554 times.

While the Saints were throwing the ball so much their offensive line was easily one of the three best pass blocking units each year. Collaboratively I would say that the unit was easily the league’s best pass blocking unit over that three year span. The best and most efficient pass blocker on that unit was none other than Brown.

Brown was the left tackle for a historically good offensive line. An offensive line that only allowed 18, 16, and 13 sacks respectively over three years; two of which they lead the league in passing attempts. In those years Brown only relinquished 10 sacks combined

While he saw himself flagged for holding seven times in 2008, for the most part he was rarely penalised over that span as well.

As a result of this great blocking and discipline Brown found himself as a two time Pro Bowler and an All-Pro. Every nomination and accolade Brown has gotten in his career has been well deserved.

So than why is Brown suddenly not as good?

Oh well that’s simple. It is because his New Orleans Saints recently won the Super Bowl in a season that Brown did not play in.

While that is fine and dandy I have to say that it is a fallacious point that has nothing to do with Brown as a player. There are quite a few reasons the Saints won the Super Bowl and Brown’s absence is certainly not one of them.

It is no secret that the Saints defense improved itself drastically in comparison to it’s 2005 to 2008 incarnates.

What is also no secret is that the Saints offensive line as a whole unit played better than in the past with the exception of one position; the left tackle.

Over 1,750 snaps Jammal Brown surrendered a grand total of 10 sacks. His replacement this season – Jermon Bushrod – surrendered seven last season in only 514 snaps. There is a reason the Colts wanted Dwight Freeney healthy for the Super Bowl and it showed when he pushed Bushrod all over the field.

It’s clear that Bushrod is no Brown and that Brown’s absence from the team last year should not hurt his elite status. I didn’t forget you Brown.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/406163-...s-players-20-11

See this is why everyone hates philly fans. You guys can NEVER admit when another team does something good. They gave up nothing for a solid 29 year old tackle that will start as the Right Tackle.

Who cares who admits when the Skins do something good because none of this matters until the games count. The Skins do this every off season and it never amounts to much during the season. If the Giants did this they would get props because they're typically a smart organization while the Skins normally have things turn South on them.

BTW this works the other way too when it comes to McNabb. For years the Skins fans called him a choker and said he couldn't get it done and now he's a top 5 QB.

Who cares who admits when the Skins do something good because none of this matters until the games count. The Skins do this every off season and it never amounts to much during the season. If the Giants did this they would get props because they're typically a smart organization while the Skins normally have things turn South on them.

BTW this works the other way too when it comes to McNabb. For years the Skins fans called him a choker and said he couldn't get it done and now he's a top 5 QB.

Great deal for the Skins. Brown should be a solid LT for them and Trent can now move to a more natural position at RT. Now hicks will probably start at RG. Their tackles are pretty good this year I would say. Offensive line is actually average now. I wouldn't count on Brown signing a contract extension though. He may just take this year to prove he is actually that good and the Skins may want Trent to be the LT of the future. For skins fans, that would be awful cause Trent is a natural RT and sucks at LT.

And yeah upgraded line and and quarterback. I would not say upgraded runningback. It's just the same. Same with the defense. Not because of the 3-4 transition but even if they think its gonna be better, the defense takes a hit if haynesworth doesn't play. Even if he does, i would say its just the same. Still a fairly decent playoff chance though. NFC East will be so interesting this year. Any team can finish last.

Skins added a player pushing 30 who hasn't played since 2008 because of hip problems. Don't get me wrong, Brown prior to the injury was a great player but he hasn't played in 2 years and normally when a player like this goes to the Skins they rarely live up to their potential. That's why it's hard to praise a move like this to a team like this because the Skins are the home of underachievers.

I think the main thing again is that Skins now have only 6 draft picks for 2011 and once again are avoiding getting younger and adding depth for the future. Brown is a move that might help their o-line a right now but 2-3 years down the road the draft picks would probably have been better to hold on to. The Skins are still the oldest team in the NFL with alot of holes, very little depth and a window of maybe 1-2 years with most of the current team.

Washington will now be without its third- and fourth-round draft picks in 2011, but it will also get back a later pick from New Orleans.

Washington owes the Eagles a third- or fourth-round pick in 2011 for McNabb, based on how the quarterback plays or the team performs. If the Redskins win nine games, go to the playoffs or McNabb gets selected to the Pro Bowl, Philadelphia will receive Washington's third-round pick and New Orleans will get Washington's fourth. If none of those happen, the Eagles will get the Redskins' fourth-round pick and the Saints will get the Redskins' third-round pick.

If New Orleans receives Washington's third-round pick, then the Redskins will get a 2011 fifth-round pick back from the Saints. However, if Washington's third-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Saints will send a 2011 sixth- or seventh-round pick back to the Redskins.

There is also a conditional 2012 sixth-round pick involved. Should Brown play 90 percent of the plays next season or get voted to the Pro Bowl, Washington will send its 2012 sixth-round pick to New Orleans. After Saturday's trade, Washington has six picks left in the 2011 draft.

Look 4 posts above yours. :rolleyes:

Skins added a player pushing 30 who hasn't played since 2008 because of hip problems. Don't get me wrong, Brown prior to the injury was a great player but he hasn't played in 2 years and normally when a player like this goes to the Skins they rarely live up to their potential. That's why it's hard to praise a move like this to a team like this because the Skins are the home of underachievers.

I think the main thing again is that Skins now have only 6 draft picks for 2011 and once again are avoiding getting younger and adding depth for the future. Brown is a move that might help their o-line a right now but 2-3 years down the road the draft picks would probably have been better to hold on to. The Skins are still the oldest team in the NFL with alot of holes, very little depth and a window of maybe 1-2 years with most of the current team.

The Skins are in a "win now" mode. They are taking a calculated risk. And from their perspective, I like it.

Brown is coming off of hip surgery, as well as sports hernia surgery. No one knows better than Eagle fans how tricky sports hernia surgeries can be, and when you're talking hip surgery on a 320lb man, it's not a small deal either.

They'll see how his body holds up in camp and preseason. If it does, and he returns to his Pro Bowl form, then they have a steal. If he's 75% of what he was, then they have a serviceable, veteran OT. If his body can't hold up and he misses a lot of time, then they threw away another draft pick.

I like the trade from the Skins perspective because their OL isn't very good, and Brown could be a very good veteran presence blocking for an aging, injury-prone QB. (I'm a big McNabb fan, but let's be real, that's a realistic description)

What I'm not going to do is just assume that Brown will suddenly revert to Pro Bowl form the way some of my Washington fan friends from college did at a get-together yesterday when rumors of the trade broke. Because if folks around the league thought that, then Brown would have went for a lot more than a conditional 3rd/4th round pick.

I would agree with you if the skins had to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, but at his price it was a worthwhile trade. Next year the skins have a: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 and will get either a 5th, 6th, or 7th from the saints. The most important thing is that they still have a 1st and a 2nd. They can always use those picks to trade down and get those 3rd and 4th round picks back.

Brown will be 29 this year, which is hardly that old for offensive tackles. I did read he struggled in 2008 before his injury, but right tackle should be less demanding for him and i think at the worst the redskins are getting a good reserve tackle if he somehow can't play anymore. He also passed his physical at Redskins Park, which is a good sign.

Good deal for the Skins, but there are 2 questions for me.

1) because it seems like such a good deal, do the Saints know something about his injury status that the Skins don't? Bushrod is not bad(earned his ring) but it was believed league-wide that he was a down-grade from Brown.

2) Is Brown overrated due to playing in front of Brees and his quick release? If so, will playing in front of Mcnabb and his tendency to hold on to the ball too long expose him as average?

Thoughts?

Picking up a former pro-bowl player coming off a injury for pennies? Sounds like a classic Eagles move, of course these moves tend to be worth the pennies they cost us.

Great trade on paper, but the key will be to see how well Brown comes back from injury.

He has hip surgery and sports hernia surgery.

The sports hernia surgery worries me a little but the hip was just a scope, and he said hes 100% healthy in a Washington Post interview this morning.

The sports hernia surgery worries me a little but the hip was just a scope, and he said hes 100% healthy in a Washington Post interview this morning.

Yeah, McNabb wasn't 100% coming back after his surgery when he had it in 2005. I don't know if that had anything to do with his ACL in 2006 but it takes a while to recover from it.

As far as him saying he's 100% healthy, you can't go by what the player says in the media. Plus he can be 100% healthy but still not 100% recovered.

Yeah, McNabb wasn't 100% coming back after his surgery when he had it in 2005. I don't know if that had anything to do with his ACL in 2006 but it takes a while to recover from it.

As far as him saying he's 100% healthy, you can't go by what the player says in the media. Plus he can be 100% healthy but still not 100% recovered.

i believe he had the surgery before the 2009 season started, so he has had close to a year to rehab.