gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

The reason why the redskins suck: Vinny Cerrato. Look back at his drafts since 2005.

Vinny Cerrato was widely considered a yes man for Snyder and who hired a puppet to run his team?

Who's responsible for the revolving door of coaches, offensive systems, defensive schemes, etc?

Who's responsible for the ruining of Jason Campbell's career (who IMO had the potential of a McNabb easily), and completely misusing / ruining the career of Portis as well?

Who's responsible for the long-term short-sighted vision employed by the Redskins the last 10+ years? Each year, a different long term plan.

As long as Snyder owns the team the 'skins are in the cellar. At this point I actually feel sorry for skins fans. You suckers are so loyal and Snyder's purse/ego just get's fatter.

Snyder doesnt make draft picks at all. Cerrato ran the draft. My point was even when they didnt trade picks they still weren't making good selections.

He might not make the picks. But he does tell whoever is coaching that he wants these big name players that NEVER workout for the skins. I think Fletcher might be one of the only signings that has actually panned out.

Snyder doesnt make draft picks at all. Cerrato ran the draft. My point was even when they didnt trade picks they still weren't making good selections.

So Gibbs 2.0 didn't have any say? Didn't Gibbs get Brunell on the team? I think some blame has to go to Gibbs as well for those years. And we all saw Snyder's influence in the 2000 season. You think he didn't have any influence from that point on? Come on.

The line moved down for the eagles game to -6

Granted its one point but I expected the eagles to be 10 point favorites AT HOME.

Its probably going to be a close game on Sunday.

Divisional games are always the hardest to predict but our defense is out of sync right now, i say eagles by 10.

I honestly have no idea about this game. A lot of Eagles fans are overly confident in my eyes. The Skins always get up for the Eagles. But if your D does not improve I think both DeSean and Maclin will go over 100 yards. I fully expect McNabb to come out on fire. Its up to our D line to get McNabb on the ground again and again. And force him into his worm killing passes. Oh and we can;t afford to have Vick regress this week either.

The Skins know this is a must win game. If they go 1-3 their season is almost over already.

Divisional games are always the hardest to predict but our defense is out of sync right now, i say eagles by 10.

This is a betting mans game. -6 at home?? That screams trap game for the eagles just like it did when the redskins were -4.5 against the Rams. The eagles should be 10 point favorites.

This is a betting mans game. -6 at home?? That screams trap game for the eagles just like it did when the redskins were -4.5 against the Rams. The eagles should be 10 point favorites.

NFC East games are rarely denoted as trap games, unless it was the Cards in the 80s and 90s.

NFC East games are rarely denoted as trap games, unless it was the Cards in the 80s and 90s.

Ok sure.... :rolleyes:

and where did you get that bit of knowledge?

Also if Trent Williams doesnt play we have no chance.

he'll play, or McNabb won't have cooley. The redskins can't afford to keep cooley in there to help heyer out. Even a 90% Trent is a heck of a lot better then heyer. McNabb's favorite weapon is cooley and he'll need him for this game.

:lol:

Vegas wants people to bet on the 'skins. That's an Eagles line.

Should be favored by 10? How often do you see a divisional game where one team is favored by double digits?

The Redskins swept the eagles in 2008. Let's never forget we made them look like fools on the field.

:lol: If only our QB could've gotten us more points than 3 in that last game.

A trap game?????????????

Yeah I'm sure the Eagles are looking right passed a division rival with Donovan McNabb at QB. :lol:

Has he been practicing?

He was limited yesterday i didnt see a practice report today. I get the feeling that he wont play this week. And if he doesnt, we lose the game.

From the PE.com:

P Josh Bidwell Right Hip No Participation Limited Participation

DL Anthony Bryant Head Limited Participation Limited Participation

CB DeAngelo Hall Back Limited Participation Limited Participation

G Kory Lichtensteiger Knee Limited Participation Limited Participation

T Trent Williams Toe/Knee Limited Participation Limited Participation

WR Anthony Armstrong Groin Full Participation Full Participation

S Chris Horton Ankle Full Participation Full Participation

DT Albert Haynesworth Thumb Full Participation Full Participation

S Kareem Moore Knee Full Participation Full Participation

RB Clinton Portis Wrist Full Participation

RB Keiland Williams Ankle Full Participation Full Participation

/G Nick Cole Knee No Participation No Participation

TE Brent Celek Wrist Full Participation Full Participation

DE Brandon Graham Ankle Full Participation Full Participation

T Austin Howard Back Full Participation Full Participation

WR Jeremy Maclin Back Full Participation Full Participation

LB Ernie Sims Ankle Full Participation Full Participation

RB Mike Bell Illness No Participation

Bell didnt practice Thursday.

He was limited yesterday i didnt see a practice report today. I get the feeling that he wont play this week. And if he doesnt, we lose the game.

And if he does?

he'll play, or McNabb won't have cooley. The redskins can't afford to keep cooley in there to help heyer out. Even a 90% Trent is a heck of a lot better then heyer. McNabb's favorite weapon is cooley and he'll need him for this game.

Dude a 90% Trent Willams is no match for a 100% Trent Cole.

I am really surprise that the Redskins don't go after Vincent Jackson. You would give McNabb two great receivers with Jackson and Moss plus it would open up the running game since teams would not be able to play 8-man fronts.

And if he does?

Then we have a shot. The difference between our offense with trent and without is huge. If you go back to Houston where he started we were moving the ball all over Houston, they really couldnt stop us. Then you look at the Rams game without Trent and our whole gameplan was different, hardly any deep balls and we couldnt move the ball. He really is vital to our offense.

I am really surprise that the Redskins don't go after Vincent Jackson. You would give McNabb two great receivers with Jackson and Moss plus it would open up the running game since teams would not be able to play 8-man fronts.

According to John Clayton, we have a 3rd round draft pick on the table for Jackson.

"The only trade I could see happening is the Chargers deciding to give Jackson to the Redskins for a third-round pick."

That is a huge thing for your offense. But it looks like he will play. But him just being out there is not enough, he needs to be on his A game because I think Cole is on top of his games right now.

Dude a 90% Trent Willams is no match for a 100% Trent Cole.

If he does not start practicing more then he won't be 90% he will be around 70-80%. I think they will need to give him help with Cole. And that is huge if we force them to leave Cooley in. Then all you have to do is stop Moss.

According to John Clayton, we have a 3rd round draft pick on the table for Jackson.

"The only trade I could see happening is the Chargers deciding to give Jackson to the Redskins for a third-round pick."

Dumb question, but isnt that risky since that third round pick could go to the eagles if the Skins make the playoffs or McNabb to the pro bowl?