gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Rumors going around that possibly the Seahawks and Lions might be interested in Haynesworth. :wacko:

Well, Pete Carroll has already shown he doesn't assign any value to 4th round picks and the Lions are the lions...

Rumors going around that possibly the Seahawks and Lions might be interested in Haynesworth. :wacko:

there are a couple of other teams as well. we'll see how things shake out.

be nice to get a no 2 wideout from someone at this point.

2) Is Brown overrated due to playing in front of Brees and his quick release? If so, will playing in front of Mcnabb and his tendency to hold on to the ball too long expose him as average?

Intriguing question.

" i'm going to do what they want me to do "

nice, wish you-know-who felt that way.

Q&A with Jammal Brown

Jammal Brown, the newest Redskin, boarded a plane and left Washington earlier today. Before he departed, Brown did give us a brief interview and cleared up a few of the questions that might have popped up since the Redskins acquired him via trade with New Orleans Saturday.

First the highlights: Brown says he'll be slotted at right tackle in Washington, he says he's 100 percent healthy and after a year spent on injured reserve, he can't wait to return to the football field. Here's more:

Question: The Redskins have been looking at you all offseason. What was your reaction when the deal finally went down Saturday?

Brown: "I've been wanting this to happen for the past couple of months, but we just had to let everything play out, let the draft get done, let everything settle where it needs to settle. I talked to my agent earlier this week. He told me we were going to go for the big punch now. We went for it, and now I'm a Redskin. I couldn't be in a better situation."

Question: What about this situation seems ideal for you?

Brown: "I just think coming here, playing for Coach [Mike] Shanahan -- I watched him in Denver -- I like the scheme of offense that he runs. The zones, things like that. I'm gonna come in; they want me to play right tackle.I still think I'm a left tackle, but I'm going to do what they want me to do. I know they got my college teammate Trent [Williams] on the left side. We'll see how that all plays out. But I'm going to play wherever they want me to play. I'm just excited to be here and to be a part of a first-class program."

Question: You feel the Redskins' zone-blocking scheme favors a quick, athletic lineman like you?

Brown: "That's exactly it. If you look back at the Denver lines, they didn't have the biggest lines. Me and Trent aren't the biggest tackles. So we understand the concept of getting on the angle, getting off the ball, creating gaps for running backs to be able to run through. When Coach Shanahan was in Denver, no matter who he had in the backfield, they were good. They got their 1,000 yards. So any time, as an O-linemen, you see that, you know it's a good scheme and you want to be a part of it."

Question: You played your last three seasons in New Orleans at left tackle. What's the difference going back to the right side, where you played your rookie season?

Brown: "It's just going through everything -- the whole thought process, getting your body back to leveraging out the right way you want it to; it's a different side, so you have to distribute your weight different. So I just got to get used to that. It won't be a big deal. I started at right tackle, I made Pro Bowls at left tackle, so I can play wherever they want me to play."

Question: You didn't sign your tender with the Saints and didn't work out with them in New Orleans. What have you been doing, and what kind of shape are you in?

Brown: "Just working out. Just doing stuff on my own. Back at my old college and whatnot. I was just waiting for the right time for my agent to make this happen. I feel I'm in great shape right now."

Question: Jim Haslett is obviously the Redskins' defensive coordinator and he drafted you into the NFL. Good to be reunited with him?

Brown: "I just talked to Haslett when I got here yesterday. He picked me down in New Orleans, had me start for him, did a good job, so good to be back around him again."

Question: How are you going to look back on your time in New Orleans?

Brown: "Of course I wanted to play, be a part of the Super Bowl. They're a great team. I got a lot of friends down there. But it's business, baby, it's time to move on and get a Super Bowl here in Washington, D.C."

Question: Do you know any of the Redskins linemen, besides Trent Williams?

Brown: "No, none at all. From what I hear, it's a good set of guys. I haven't played football in a whole year, I'm just excited to get out there and just get with it. That's what I do. I play football and that's what I'm good at. I just want to go out there and play again."

Question: And your health -- you feel 100 percent?

Brown: Yeah. I saw Dr. [James] Andrews, he checked me out, looked good. The Redskins doctors looked at me, looked good. So everything is good."

Question: How bad were the injuries?

Brown: "Well, right before I had the surgery, I played the whole year with a torn labrum. That was the last year I played, when I made the Pro Bowl (2008). I had a torn labrum and a sports hernia. The next year came, I was practicing and in the preseason, my whole left side went numb. I went and had the surgery. I recovered from that pretty well. I could've played in the playoffs last year for New Orleans. But we didn't know how long it was gonna take, so they put me on IR."

Question: In your season off, the Saints found someone else to play left tackle. Do you feel like people have forgotten about you a little bit?

Brown: "If they have, I can easily remind them this upcoming year. They won't forget about me for long."

By Rick Maese | June 20, 2010; 1:01 PM ET

The Seahawks and lions dont have the WR depth to give us a good one...unless we could get Calvin Johnson which is almost certainly out of the question. We might only be able to get a draft pick or two for him, hopefully it will be a conditional pick that could escalate.

The Seahawks and lions dont have the WR depth to give us a good one...unless we could get Calvin Johnson which is almost certainly out of the question. We might only be able to get a draft pick or two for him, hopefully it will be a conditional pick that could escalate.

The Seahawks have Housh, drafted Tate, Butler(who I like) and Branch. The Lions have Burleson, C Johnson, Williams(who again, I like) and B Johnson. If your team is really looking for a number 2, both teams have enough that you could grab one from them.

Of course, they will only be number 2 guys, a couple of them should probably be slot guys. Not sure why they haven't even looked at Curtis though if they're desperate enough to want the above. There are still a couple FA WRs that while older, aren't complete trash if a team is looking for a second option.

To explain why I like those two btw, I watched them at Penn State and saw who was throwing them the ball. They showed a lot of potential in college, could be good in the NFL but don't recall seeing either of them play last season.

1. Based on what. They're switching to the 3-4. I'd expect growing pains. Do you have NT at this point since it seems like Fat Albert is out the door?

2. Yes at least on paper (we went through this last year)

3. Yes

4. Meh. The over the hill gang doesn't strike me as brutal in any way.

I'm not a foreskin fan, but I'm also not a blind homer either. -_-

I'm not a foreskin fan, but I'm also not a blind homer either. -_-

Washington games are always tight but I'm not buying that they're going to have a better defense just because they're switching schemes and losing their highest paid player and I'm not buying stock in the collection of great backs from several years ago.

2 out of 4. Tough games yes but this is not blind homerism I've been vocal for awhile about not buying into this 3-4 fad. I thought Mangini doing it with the Jets was stupid when they had 4-3 players and this is even more questionable considering how highly they were ranked playing the 4-3 last year. Our defense better figure out how to rush the passer and cover TEs especially when facing Washington.

He has hip surgery and sports hernia surgery.

There was also concern about Brown suffering from a degenerative knee condition which has kept him out of

games before. The Hip and sports hernia are minor. My guess is the main reason he was on the trading block

was the right knee. Rumor was Arthritis starting to set in. I will say this about Brown. He's a much much better LT

than Bushrod. Frankly,we caught a huge break with Freeneys ankle in the SB. When healthy,Brown is one of the

better pass blocking LT's in the game. He had no problem keeping premier DE's Jared Allen and Demarcus Ware

out of Breess Grill. When he played RT,he was a devastating Run blocker and was Deuce Macallisters favorite

lineman to run behind. He does have a major flaw that will irritate fans. he's very prone to jumping the snap

count and getting called for false starts. During his time in N.O. He turned many potential TD drives into FG

attempts and turned many 3rd and 3's into 3rd and 8.

There was also concern about Brown suffering from a degenerative knee condition which has kept him out of

games before.

The Hip and sports hernia are minor. My guess is the main reason he was on the trading block

was the right knee. Rumor was Arthritis starting to set in. I will say this about Brown. He's a much much better LT

than Bushrod. Frankly,we caught a huge break with Freeneys ankle in the SB. When healthy,Brown is one of the

better pass blocking LT's in the game. He had no problem keeping premier DE's Jared Allen and Demarcus Ware

out of Breess Grill. When he played RT,he was a devastating Run blocker and was Deuce Macallisters favorite

lineman to run behind. He does have a major flaw that will irritate fans. he's very prone to jumping the snap

count and getting called for false starts. During his time in N.O. He turned many potential TD drives into FG

http://www.nfl.com/players/jammalbrown/car...ts?id=BRO485868

looks to me like he missed one game in the 08 07 06 seasons.

and 3 games his rookie season.

Offensive Line

Year Team G GS

2009 New Orleans Saints 0 0

2008 New Orleans Saints 15 15

2007 New Orleans Saints 15 15

2006 New Orleans Saints 15 15

2005 New Orleans Saints 13 13

TOTAL 58 58

games before. The Hip and sports hernia are minor. My guess is the main reason he was on the trading block

Thanks for the insight. They also said Rocky McIntosh had a degenerative knee condition but he had a career year with the skins last year and was a majorly disruptive linebacker.

Its basically either a pretty good trade for Washington because this allows them to improve a couple of spots along the line and gives them a proven vet at LT or his injury history pops up again but all it cost you was a mid round pick. Its not a bad trade but Eagles fans have seen similar type risk reward moves that haven't paid off. Football players with injury histories especially when they start getting around 30 are iffy prospects.

give me some low-down on charles grant.

give me some low-down on charles grant.

Signed a huge contract and became fat and lazy. The Saints defense was better without him in the rotation.

He's a decent run defender but no longer had the quickness to put constant pressure on the QB. The last year

he had double digit sacks was 2004. Imo if Grant has any years left it's going to be as a situational DT in a 4-3.

Thanks for the insight. They also said Rocky McIntosh had a degenerative knee condition but he had a career year with the skins last year and was a majorly disruptive linebacker.

You are so optimistic about the Redskins it makes my eyes bleed. Do you view this Haynesworth situation as a positive, and can you please spin it as such so that I will believe it?

You are so optimistic about the Redskins it makes my eyes bleed. Do you view this Haynesworth situation as a positive, and can you please spin it as such so that I will believe it?

lol im not really that optimistic im just excited about what Shanahan and Allen are doing. First of all, i would never defend Haynesworth. He is obviously a fat piece of **** who doesn't care about the team or his teammates. I love how the skins teammates like Fletcher and Carter are calling him out. I would say Haynesworth was Cerrato's biggest free agent bust but i think that title goes to Adam Archuleta.

Before the Brown trade I thought 8-8 was the skins ceiling this year but i think they could go maybe 10-6 now if Trent Williams can come in and play right away.

lol im not really that optimistic im just excited about what Shanahan and Allen are doing. First of all, i would never defend Haynesworth. He is obviously a fat piece of **** who doesn't care about the team or his teammates. I love how the skins teammates like Fletcher and Carter are calling him out. I would say Haynesworth was Cerrato's biggest free agent bust but i think that title goes to Adam Archuleta.

Before the Brown trade I thought 8-8 was the skins ceiling this year but i think they could go maybe 10-6 now if Trent Williams can come in and play right away.

There ya go. That's what we all said about McNabb when he was here. Feels good doesnt it? ^_^

lmao don't read much in TATE do you??

lmao don't read much in TATE do you??

I guess you skip 1/2 the posts in TATE then. You know, the posts that point out McNabb's shortcomings and Reid's inability to coach on gamedays, etc... Normal people call those posters realists. TATErs call them negadelphians.

The skins fans are a totally different breed. They've been predicting "12-4!!! SUPERBOWL!!!!" Every year since 1991 up to Zorn's second season as HC. The fan base is TATE * 10000.

What im shocked to see is the skins have traded for 3 players this off-season and still had a 1st round pick and their 1st and 2nd next year. Cerrato would have shipped out all 3 of those picks. I was over at the Saints message board, all of their fans are pissed right now. They are saying they were robbed in this trade, i have to agree. The skins pick up a quality starting offensive tackle and just move down 2 rounds in the draft to do so.

"you have to realize he got traded for a reason" - The saints were loaded at tackle, he was refusing to sign his tender and was demanding a trade, and he wanted a new contract. With the Saints situation at offensive tackle and using their 2nd round pick this year on Charles Brown they had little use for Brown so i think their demands came down and took what they could for him. As long as he can come back from his injuries this is a steal for the skins.

It really is true that there seems to be a new way of doing business down there. I just hope the results are the same. :P

Who's your NT?

Maaka Kemoeatu (6-5 345) was a starting nose tackle for the Baltimore Ravens before signing with the Carolina panthers. he missed all of last season due to a torn achilles and was released, mostly do to the huge bonus check he was set to receive. as matter of opinion he would have been the starter at nose with or without Haynesworth, moving big Al the the end spot. so haynesworth's crying about playing nose is BS.

http://sandrarosenews.blogspot.com/2007/08...e-kid-rock.html