gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Looks like I won. Vince young out of the game I got the victory. Skins fan 01 how many fantasy leagues are you in?

I'm in 6 different leagues this year. 5 Dynasty and 1 redraft.

Eli despite the turnovers is better than McNabb right now. Eli actually knows how to find the endzone...and his team is tied for first.

Eli 10td/8int, McNabb 5td/5int

But McNabb's 5 ints were not his fault. The wrs and OL caused them. ;)

Any time dude.

that 4th quarter interception last night was more of a great play by the safety. He did a one-handed backward diving pick. If that ball is an inch higher Collinsworth said that was a TD.

Well thank god it wasn't McNabb's fault. :lol:

do the shanahans even remember they have fred davis? i thought they were gonna come out in these 2 tightend sets and wreck havoc on defenses.

But McNabb's 5 ints were not his fault. The wrs and OL caused them. ;)

And that last one if it was 1 inch, that's right 1 inch higher it would've that's right would've been a td according to Chris "I Know Everything" Collinsworth! Because we all know every ball gets caught, never dropped, or goes through hands, it always gets caught! I just find it funny that people buy into that BS of his.

do the shanahans even remember they have fred davis? i thought they were gonna come out in these 2 tightend sets and wreck havoc on defenses.

The skins have run a ton of 2 TE sets but Davis has mainly been blocking. Hes had a handful of catches and i would expect him to take over Cooleys production while he is out.

I wish I wasn't banned from extremeforskins.com

I like it better this way. :lol:

Seriously, quit smoking crack...

Actually I believe you are the one smoking crack. Did you get it from Dexter Manley?

So the teams we haven't faced have been tougher (and you know, the Skins are included). Atlanta was just as good as anyone you guys faced. We played Green Bay when they were at full strength. We also didn't get blown out by a rookie QB and college level team like the Rams.

And also factor in our injuries this season.

Michael Vick - ribs, missed 3 games so far

Kevin Kolb - concussion, missed 1 game

LeSean McCoy - ribs

DeSean Jackson - concussion, will miss at least 1 game

Leonard Weaver - torn ACL, done for the season

Brent Celek - concussion, wrist injury

Asante Samuel - concussion, missed 1 game

Brodrick Bunkley - elbow, out for a few games

Jamaal Jackson - torn right triceps, out for season

Jason Peters - knee, out for at least 1 game

Todd Herremans - knee

Nick Cole - knee

Riley Cooper - concussion, missed 2 games

Most of those guys are starters and we are still 4-2.

Actually I believe you are the one smoking crack. Did you get it from Dexter Manley?

So the teams we haven't faced have been tougher (and you know, the Skins are included). Atlanta was just as good as anyone you guys faced. We played Green Bay when they were at full strength. We also didn't get blown out by a rookie QB and college level team like the Rams.

And also factor in our injuries this season.

Michael Vick - ribs, missed 3 games so far

Kevin Kolb - concussion, missed 1 game

LeSean McCoy - ribs

DeSean Jackson - concussion, will miss at least 1 game

Leonard Weaver - torn ACL, done for the season

Brent Celek - concussion, wrist injury

Asante Samuel - concussion, missed 1 game

Brodrick Bunkley - elbow, out for a few games

Jamaal Jackson - torn right triceps, out for season

Jason Peters - knee, out for at least 1 game

Todd Herremans - knee

Nick Cole - knee

Riley Cooper - concussion, missed 2 games

Most of those guys are starters and we are still 4-2.

You act like the redskins never play the eagles hard. Do you think the game coming up in Fedex will be a walk in the park for the eagles?? Peyton had to run the no huddle almost the entire game to keep the skins defense honest. You give yourself toooooo much credit especially this season where 11 teams in the NFC are 4-2 or 3-3.

injuries happen to every football team. The redskins didn't have Rocky, Haynesworth or Cooley (for the 4th quarter) for the colts game. Our oline is horrible, I mean its completely trash. Only the rookie is playing well at LT everyone else stinks on that line yet they still ran over the eagles. We didn't even have Trent Williams for that game against the eagles.

Don't make excuses for your club, that's a puss move and you know it. You don't think, redskin fans are still pissed off from that rams game? They owned us with backups playing for the rams and a rookie QB. Man up and say the redskins ran over your "great" defense and Mcnabb didn't even have to throw in that game to win. He only threw 18 passes LOL and we still won.

The redskins don't have a lot of talent on their team its all scheme, game planning and grit. Its evident in that rams game, shanny didn't plan well for that game and our lack of talent showed. I'm not saying the skins will dominate the NFC, I'm saying the skins are going to depend on game planning and playing ugly football. The redskins beat Dallas, philly and the packers because they punched those teams in the jaw. Look at the losses, Lack of talent lost those games.

If you're going to talk football quit being such a homer and puss. Admit you lost because the eagles played some ghey football against the skins not because of injuries.

You act like the redskins never play the eagles hard. Do you think the game coming up in Fedex will be a walk in the park for the eagles?? Peyton had to run the no huddle almost the entire game to keep the skins defense honest. You give yourself toooooo much credit especially this season where 11 teams in the NFC are 4-2 or 3-3.

injuries happen to every football team. The redskins didn't have Rocky, Haynesworth or Cooley (for the 4th quarter) for the colts game. Our oline is horrible, I mean its completely trash. Only the rookie is playing well at LT everyone else stinks on that line yet they still ran over the eagles. We didn't even have Trent Williams for that game against the eagles.

Don't make excuses for your club, that's a puss move and you know it. You don't think, redskin fans are still pissed off from that rams game? They owned us with backups playing for the rams and a rookie QB. Man up and say the redskins ran over your "great" defense and Mcnabb didn't even have to throw in that game to win. He only threw 18 passes LOL and we still won.

The redskins don't have a lot of talent on their team its all scheme, game planning and grit. Its evident in that rams game, shanny didn't plan well for that game and our lack of talent showed. I'm not saying the skins will dominate the NFC, I'm saying the skins are going to depend on game planning and playing ugly football. The redskins beat Dallas, philly and the packers because they punched those teams in the jaw. Look at the losses, Lack of talent lost those games.

If you're going to talk football quit being such a homer and puss. Admit you lost because the eagles played some ghey football against the skins not because of injuries.

damn you are annoying. The skins swept the eagles in 08. the eagles swept the skins last year bfd. Mcnabb has played like crap every game except ONE vs the texans. Sure you guys beat us, Torrain had a good first half, after that he didnt really do much.

Eagles havent allowed one 100 yard runner all season, Ryan grant, Turner, MJD, Gore. All of them are much better then torrain will ever be. Shanahan has made a scrub RB into a superstar all the time you act like he is a no one when I have heard a ton of fans talk about how he will be a good back in shanahans system seeing as how he was drafted by shanahan. You acting like the eagles D is crappy and what not is pretty comical. Both defenses are good. Skins D did what they had to do vs the colts and Mcnabb blew it simple as that.

damn you are annoying. The skins swept the eagles in 08. the eagles swept the skins last year bfd. Mcnabb has played like crap every game except ONE vs the texans. Sure you guys beat us, Torrain had a good first half, after that he didnt really do much.

Eagles havent allowed one 100 yard runner all season, Ryan grant, Turner, MJD, Gore. All of them are much better then torrain will ever be. Shanahan has made a scrub RB into a superstar all the time you act like he is a no one when I have heard a ton of fans talk about how he will be a good back in shanahans system seeing as how he was drafted by shanahan. You acting like the eagles D is crappy and what not is pretty comical. Both defenses are good. Skins D did what they had to do vs the colts and Mcnabb blew it simple as that.

you guys don't quit do you. I mean are all philly fans like this? I've had conversations with a lot of other NFL fans from different teams yet philly fans are as stubborn

as it comes.

To you guys Eagles = Perfect; rest of NFL = puff cakes

Kolb = god; Everyone else = Kolb's tush wipes

glad to see the skins fans in full backtrack mode. that whole shanahan/mcnabb-savior schtick was wearing thin.

figured it was only a matter of time. if the skins aren't up by points in the 4th quarter, they're f'ed. mcnabb always finds a way to screw it up. eagles fans are smiling now, they got nate allen a really good prospect at safety for an aging qb who can't deliver in key situations. a lot of media who blasted these trade must be biting their tongues right about now. you know since trading mcnabb to a division rival was a bad move and all.

you guys don't quit do you. I mean are all philly fans like this? I've had conversations with a lot of other NFL fans from different teams yet philly fans are as stubborn

as it comes.

To you guys Eagles = Perfect; rest of NFL = puff cakes

Kolb = god; Everyone else = Kolb's tush wipes

You clearly do not look at other areas on the this board because that's far from the truth.

The redskins beat Dallas, philly and the packers because they punched those teams in the jaw. Look at the losses, Lack of talent lost those games.

Um, we don't have a great defense. You guys won 17-12, Andy managed the clock poorly when we were in the redzone, o-line cost us a potential TD in the endzone. I guess that's all considerd you running over us? Oh and it's not easy losing your starting QB and your backup isn't prepaired but I guess you guys could easily win any game if Rex Grossman stepped in?

So you can use lack of talent as a reason for losing those games but i'm not allowed to bring up injuries? We have been hit hard by injuries and we are 4-2. We have overcame injuries. Losing key players with the schedule we have had makes it tougher to win. That's my point so don't give me the lack of talent b.s. when your team is the most expensive in the NFL. We have suffered injuries to our starting QB, WR, TE, RB, FB...and that's not including the o-line and defense but still are 4-2 and in a great position right now.

Again, we have 2 losses and both of those happen to be in games in which we lost our starting QB. Ironic isn't it? When you are missing a bunch of starters it does tend to hurt a team. Ask Green Bay. They have been hit just as hard with injuries and it's starting to cost them.

LOL you punched those teams in the jaw? You guys haven't looked that good in pretty much every game of the season except for Houston, and you choked away a big lead and the win. Your defense is giving up 400+ yards a game, you have one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL. You are winning due to other teams mistakes and misfortuned plain and simple.

The 3-3 Redskins rankings:

OFFENSE:

Total YPG - 15th

Points per game - 20th

Total points - 16th

Passing YPG - 9th

Passing TD - 29th

Passer rating - 24th

Pass attempts - 9th

Pass completions - 14th

Completion % - 25th

INT - 19th

Rushing yards - 21st

Rushing YPG - 25th

Rush attempts - 23rd

Rush attempts per game - 27th

Rushing TD - 8th

DEFENSE:

Points allowed per game - 19th

Total points allowed - 13th

Passing defense - 31st

Passing yards allowed - 2nd most

Passing yards per game - 2nd most

Passing TD allowed - 11th most

INT - 21st

Sacks - 11th

Rushing defense - 24th

Rushing yards allowed - 7th most

Rushing yards per game - 9th most

Rushing TD allowed - 17th most

Fumbles - 20th

None of that shows me a team that's dominating anyone, smacking anyone around. It further adds to the fact that the Skins are winning ugly and taking advantage of the other teams mistakes to win.

figured it was only a matter of time. if the skins aren't up by points in the 4th quarter, they're f'ed. mcnabb always finds a way to screw it up. eagles fans are smiling now, they got nate allen a really good prospect at safety for an aging qb who can't deliver in key situations. a lot of media who blasted these trade must be biting their tongues right about now. you know since trading mcnabb to a division rival was a bad move and all.

Ok i understand that the Rams have finally won some games unlike the past 4 years and its pretty convenient you suddenly pop up and start pounding your chest, but whats with all the skins hate? Did McNabb piss in your cheerios? If i had the choice of McNabb or Nate Allen straight up right now i would take McNabb. Allen may become a good safety in the league but right now im not all that impressed with him. Hes been pretty lucky so far this year with interceptions coming right to him with no receiver in the area. I'll still give him his props for actually making the plays though unlike Rogers who we see on a weekly basis can't catch a cold.

If i had the choice of McNabb or Nate Allen straight up right now i would take McNabb.

that's a terrible example. your backup QB is **** and you've already got one of the top safeties in the league. specifics aside, of course you'd take a decent QB over a rookie S.

Ok i understand that the Rams have finally won some games unlike the past 4 years and its pretty convenient you suddenly pop up and start pounding your chest, but whats with all the skins hate? Did McNabb piss in your cheerios? If i had the choice of McNabb or Nate Allen straight up right now i would take McNabb. Allen may become a good safety in the league but right now im not all that impressed with him. Hes been pretty lucky so far this year with interceptions coming right to him with no receiver in the area. I'll still give him his props for actually making the plays though unlike Rogers who we see on a weekly basis can't catch a cold.

Whew I am glad you added that line about Rogers... You were about to get it in full force.. Sure Allen has had some gimmie INT's but the has made them unlike last year where Demps. Jones. Harris couldnt make a play.

Of course you would take a QB over a rookie FS, Skins havent had a qb in a long time, and Mcnabb provides leader ship but he isnt the same player he was in Philly.

I still laugh at the "cheap" shot mcnabb took at philly for never running the ball... HE still doesnt have much of a running game in washington. Sure they had two running scores last week, and he STILL had to throw the ball 45 times on sunday.

The running game has been inconsistent. We ran the ball well against the Eagles and Colts but we were down 2 scores in the 4th so we had to throw the ball. We probably wont be able to run the ball that well against the Bears next week but we could have some success against the Lions in 2 weeks. If its working Shanahan will stick with it.

I wonder if all these changes Shanahan is trying to make to McNabb's game is really starting to mess with him. From what they said in the Sunday night telecast, both Shanahans don't like his footwork when he throws a pass and are constantly at him to change it. It seems to me that it is awfully hard to get McNabb to change his throwing habits after doing it that way his entire college and NFL career. It is certainly possible but in the short term is going to lead to problems - especially in pressure situations. I mean the guy has a bad offensive line, not the greatest running back and a very weak receiving corps, has to learn a brand new offensive scheme and now they don't like his footwork when he throws a pass.

Well from what i understand they are only trying to get McNabb to not bunch his feet up so much, not change all of his mechanics. Seems like a minor tweak to me but I guess McNabb is just used to doing it his way.