gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

A half decent team should have won because the redskins keep bad teams in games for NO REASON. If the eagles got 4 ints 2 fumbles in one game the score wouldn't be 17-14.

I don't know, sometimes the defense looks crappy and we win with the running game. other times McNabb plays a solid game and he pulls out the win or like this game the defense steps up and we win with them.

the skins are an 8-8 team and will be playing heart-attack games each and every week. No matter who is playing them.

I seriously don't blame McNabb because he was thrown into a 4-12 team and he's trying his best but the skins have a horrible oline and bad talent. Seriously only Cooley and maybe torain are the best weapon we have. McNabb is learning on the fly without any protection, you can't blame the QB.

I don't blame him for the situation he was thrown in. I only blaming him for making smarter throws. Mcnabb is on some gunslinger ish this year. He's trying to force those WR to make those catches but like you said they just don't have the talent. I know he was put in a tough situation though. Shocked they are 4-3, every game seems like a nailbiter with the Skins.

I don't blame him for the situation he was thrown in. I only blaming him for making smarter throws. Mcnabb is on some gunslinger ish this year. He's trying to force those WR to make those catches but like you said they just don't have the talent. I know he was put in a tough situation though. Shocked they are 4-3, every game seems like a nailbiter with the Skins.

When McNabb get protection and time, three things usually happen. He makes a great deep pass, The WRs/TE drops a sure pass or McNabb over throws a wide open player.

Most likely the skins will sign McNabb over the bye and we'll see what happens. The skins need to get a least two legit Oline players. Trent Williams the rookie is playing probowl football but the other 4 players STINK. NO push in the run game and No pass Pro. I'm surprised McNabb hasn't been hurt to tell you the truth.

I like McNabb actually, he the best Qb we could have had or will get in the next few years. But the skins have to get more talent and a better oline for him. I would expect the skins to be very busy in free agency, no way they can keep some of the players and expect to win next season.

McNabb will get a pass this season but the next couple of years when the skins get talent and give him protection we'll see if it was a good trade. 4-3 after 7 games is still good to be in the NFC race this season.

the skins fans should be thanking their lucky stars that the play clock expired when they were backed up inside their own 10 earlier in the game. coulda been another pick 6 but the delay of game saved their arse on that one.

the skins fans should be thanking their lucky stars that the play clock expired when they were backed up inside their own 10 earlier in the game. coulda been another pick 6 but the delay of game saved their arse on that one.

Really? I don't think anyone got that!!! :rolleyes:

You want to see how odd the skins are???

Look at these stats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

as of now (subject to change of course)

The redskins have

-Fletcher and Landry in the top 5 in the NFL with tackles

-D. Hall has 5 ints, it should be 6 but they didn't count the int at the end of the eagles game, he leads the NFL

-McNabb is 5th in Passing yards...that's right 5th

-Santana Moss has 548 yards and that is 5th overall in the NFL.

-Ryan Torain has 380 yards since Portis went down...4 games total with a 4.6 yard average

-Orakpo is 3rd in the NFL overall with 7 sacks

Basically we have a redskins in the top 5 in tackles, sacks, ints, passing yards and receiving yards.

Weird right??

You want to see how odd the skins are???

Look at these stats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

as of now (subject to change of course)

The redskins have

-Fletcher and Landry in the top 5 in the NFL with tackles

-D. Hall has 5 ints, it should be 6 but they didn't count the int at the end of the eagles game, he leads the NFL

-McNabb is 5th in Passing yards...that's right 5th

-Santana Moss has 548 yards and that is 5th overall in the NFL.

-Ryan Torain has 380 yards since Portis went down...4 games total with a 4.6 yard average

-Orakpo is 3rd in the NFL overall with 7 sacks

Basically we have a redskins in the top 5 in tackles, sacks, ints, passing yards and receiving yards.

Weird right??

This is why I'm nervous about your team. Mcnabb isn't going to be playing this spotty the whole season, he will find his stride at some point. Your Defense is giving up a lot of yards but are keeping people out of the endzone. The Bears Offense only scored 7 points. In all of the Skins Victories, they are giving up 11.5 ppg. This Defense is a lot scarier than people think. Again every damn game the Skins plays is a close game and today was no different. I still beliefve my Eagles can beat the Skins if Vick plays but I admit, the Skins are for real this season. But give it up to Deangelo Hall. He played out of his mind today and made Cutler look Junior Varsity out there.

This is why I'm nervous about your team. Mcnabb isn't going to be playing this spotty the whole season, he will find his stride at some point. Your Defense is giving up a lot of yards but are keeping people out of the endzone. The Bears Offense only scored 7 points. In all of the Skins Victories, they are giving up 11.5 ppg. This Defense is a lot scarier than people think. Again every damn game the Skins plays is a close game and today was no different. I still beliefve my Eagles can beat the Skins if Vick plays but I admit, the Skins are for real this season. But give it up to Deangelo Hall. He played out of his mind today and made Cutler look Junior Varsity out there.

lol mcnabb was garbage and he's not getting better his best two games were the first two and he's getting worse every game. Who cares who leads in passing yards the chargers are #1 in passing offense #1 in passing defense and are 2-5. Yards aren't how you measure anyone for anything football isn't baseball it's not about stats. McNabb threw two rookie esc interceptions today that made me nearly die laughing. Just stop slobbing McNabb the redskins are winning in spite of him. Oh and the bears suck they lost to the seahawks at home. The only thing I will say about the Redskins is that Shanahan is a great coach because his team has almost no talent on it except for 7-8 players.

1. Orakpo

2. Landry

3. Fletcher

4. t. williams

5. cooley

6. mcnabb

7. santana moss

lol mcnabb was garbage and he's not getting better his best two games were the first two and he's getting worse every game. Who cares who leads in passing yards the chargers are #1 in passing offense #1 in passing defense and are 2-5. Yards aren't how you measure anyone for anything football isn't baseball it's not about stats. McNabb threw two rookie esc interceptions today that made me nearly die laughing. Just stop slobbing McNabb the redskins are winning in spite of him. Oh and the bears suck they lost to the seahawks at home. The only thing I will say about the Redskins is that Shanahan is a great coach because his team has almost no talent on it except for 7-8 players.

1. Orakpo

2. Landry

3. Fletcher

4. t. williams

5. cooley

6. mcnabb

7. santana moss

One thing no one has said about the redskins. They have yet to play a complete game after 7 weeks. NOT ONE

Yet they are still 4-3.

They have played some weird a** football during these 7 games and in everyone of them except the rams game they have been in it.

McNabb has played a couple of good games. (Texans and Greenbay)

The running game has carried the skins in a couple of games (Eagles and Colts)

the defense has won 2 games for the skins (Cowboys and Bears)

They are finding ways to win games or stay close to the last minute.

I thought the skins would be like the lions; a team that plays solid football yet loses games. The skins are winning because one part of the team steps up and carries them to a win. Today it was the defense.

One thing is for sure they will be in every single game this season. I just need to make sure I stock up on aspirin for the headaches and stress. You guys don't really have any excuse to be 4-3. That will not cut it if you want a superbowl.

It looks like we may have a star in the making RB in Ryan Torain. He just doesn't get tackled by the first guy. The bears were a top 10 run defense and in the 4th quarter they knew we were going to run the clock out and thats when Torain ripped off back-to-back 20+ yard runs. Incredible.

One thing no one has said about the redskins. They have yet to play a complete game after 7 weeks. NOT ONE

Yet they are still 4-3.

They have played some weird a** football during these 7 games and in everyone of them except the rams game they have been in it.

McNabb has played a couple of good games. (Texans and Greenbay)

The running game has carried the skins in a couple of games (Eagles and Colts)

the defense has won 2 games for the skins (Cowboys and Bears)

They are finding ways to win games or stay close to the last minute.

I have been saying all of that and you have been jumping all over me for saying it. I have been saying they have been playing/winning ugly games that alot of time they had no business winning but the other team allows them to stay in the game due to their mistakes and miscues.

And you also are leaving out penalties. Teams have racked up alot of penalties against the Skins and even though you are in denial, injuries also play a factor. Mistakes and miscues are a major reason the Skins have been in all of those games. It has set them up with good field position, put their opponent in holes and gave the Skins the breaks they didn't get a year ago.

I have been saying all of that and you have been jumping all over me for saying it. I have been saying they have been playing/winning ugly games that alot of time they had no business winning but the other team allows them to stay in the game due to their mistakes and miscues.

And you also are leaving out penalties. Teams have racked up alot of penalties against the Skins and even though you are in denial, injuries also play a factor. Mistakes and miscues are a major reason the Skins have been in all of those games. It has set them up with good field position, put their opponent in holes and gave the Skins the breaks they didn't get a year ago.

You're presuming the skins have only won games because of penalties and injuries. You can't play that card because the redskins have continually stayed in games. I would agree with you if the skins didn't play EACH team close.

Why do the skins keep good teams down, yet they play to the level of poor teams??

You can't be that lucky week in and week out. It just doesn't happen. The skins are an 8-8 team that can fight, that's who they are and will be for the remainder of the season. They will win and lose ugly, it doesn't have anything to do with penalties or injuries.

You can see trends with teams after 4-5 weeks of the NFL. The redskins trend is they will win or lose ugly. They will stay in EACH game to the wire and its a 50/50 coin flip if they win or lose; an 8-8 team. If you can't see that than I don't know what to tell you.

You seem to think these injuries and penalties have nothing to do with how the Redskins are playing.

Brian Orakpo has 6 sacks already and 8 holding calls have been called against the uys trying to block him.

Every week the Redskins send someone to the sidelines. Key players, and not by hitting them dirty.

In the 7 games they have caused missed games from

Andre Johnson, Michael Vick, Assante Samuel, Steven Jackson, Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Clay Matthews...

They've broken LeSean McCoy's ribs, they put Matt Forte out of yesterday's game, they gave Arraon Rodgers a concussion..

And no flags for dirty hits.

Go ahead, read that list again. It's like a pro bowl roster.

And no flags.

So if you want to blame penalties and injuries, it's best to look at why they're happening before just chalking it up to dumb luck and mistakes by the other teams.

Otherwise you tend to look like someone with short sight and a lack of understanding.

As to the notion of MCNabb's play being off... let me throw this to you guys.

One of the things McNabb brings to the table are the intangibles that while may not translate to TD passes right now, are enabling the Redskins to do extraordinary things.

Rookie T Trent Williams, for example. In the first 7 games of his career he's faced off against:

Demarcus Ware, Mario Williams, Dwight Freeney, Trent Cole, James Hall, and now Julius Peppers.

Read it again.

That's a pretty potent list of the best pass rushers in the game.

And they've left Williams out there one on one with them all. He's done quite well, all things considered, and McNabb makes it possible.

In the Colts game, for example, Freeney gave Williams his hardelst lessons of the season so far, Pressured the QB, mauled Williams a few times. He pressed McNabb 7 times and sacked him once.

In those 8 plays McNabb danced out of danger and completed a pass 6 times. THAT is the intangible that allows the Redskins to let Williams learn against such DEs.

If our former QB Campbell is bck there, he takes sack after sack, fumbles a few times, gives up touchdowns. This would have the effect of forcing the Redskins to help williams with a chip block or a TE.

But with McNabb back there, they don't. And the kid has done quite well against such a group of rushers, all things considered.

When you draft a tackle, he might not play against all those guys in his first five years, nevermind in his first 7 weeks.

Our young tackle has gotten invaluable experience and immeasurable confidence and has received one hell of an OJT education.

McNabb makes it possible.

~Bang

He is one of the worst QBs in the NFL and if the Redskins defense wasnt playing lights out you people would be running him out of town as we speak. Im sure the skins defense loves hearing about this "intangable" you speak of when they are out there winning games in spite of a bum at QB.

FYI Mcnabb had two fumbles and two intercetions, one returned for a TD. He had another interception that was called back because of a miracle delay of game. How exactly could Jason Campbell have done any worse.

He is one of the worst QBs in the NFL and if the Redskins defense wasnt playing lights out you people would be running him out of town as we speak. Im sure the skins defense loves hearing about this "intangable" you speak of when they are out there winning games in spite of a bum at QB.

FYI Mcnabb had two fumbles and two intercetions, one returned for a TD. He had another interception that was called back because of a miracle delay of game. How exactly could Jason Campbell have done any worse.

Well if you wanna play the woulda shoulda game McNabb also had a perfectly thrown TD pass dropped by Anthony Armstrong in the game on the skins first or second drive. That would have put them up 14-7 in the first quarter.

with the Eagles he was 11-5 and had 12 Tds and 4 ints in his first 7 games just last year so i doubt he has lost that much in one year. the talent around him is bad and he is trying to do too much and not able to.

You may as well have written "I really haven't got a clue about this game, I just like watching the pretty colors."

Thanks for playing.

~Bang

Well if you wanna play the woulda shoulda game McNabb also had a perfectly thrown TD pass dropped by Anthony Armstrong in the game on the skins first or second drive. That would have put them up 14-7 in the first quarter.

correct, followed by a drop by cooley right after that. cooley also dropped at least one more and fumbled the ball on that possession at the end of the game.

AJ and skinsfan01 thanks for helping us out yesterday. I was a huge fan of yours yesterday. I loved Cutler looking awful yesterday. :D Deangelo had an NFL record 4 ints in one half.

You may as well have written "I really haven't got a clue about this game, I just like watching the pretty colors."

Thanks for playing.

~Bang

:lol::lol:

On a side note:

Forget about Hall getting 4 Ints, this was the best defensive play of the game.

Albert using a guard to sack cutler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUKOPAAO2k...player_embedded

AJ and skinsfan01 thanks for helping us out yesterday. I was a huge fan of yours yesterday. I loved Cutler looking awful yesterday. :D Deangelo had an NFL record 4 ints in one half.

The guy looked like crap yesterday, I don't know how that team has 4 wins. The redskins hardly played a good game yet we still won.

I'm betting they lose to the bills

The guy looked like crap yesterday, I don't know how that team has 4 wins. The redskins hardly played a good game yet we still won.

I'm betting they lose to the bills

Dude we should have beat them. We outplayed them and beat ourselves. The Lions beat them if it wasnt for that call that took away the td by Calvin Johnson. The other wins they have were against the Panthers who are awful and the Cowgirls who were struggling at the time.