gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

If Brown and McNabb sign contracts and play at their previous probowl level, you have to say that spending those to 3rd rounders was smart by Allen and Shanny. I hate typing it, but it is true, good moves if they pan out.

If Brown and McNabb sign contracts and play at their previous probowl level, you have to say that spending those to 3rd rounders was smart by Allen and Shanny. I hate typing it, but it is true, good moves if they pan out.

Good thoughts...and we shall see...bring it on! Cannot wait...but I will.

you mean the level where he's the 7th rated QB in the NFC and makes the probowl because of injuries?

I guess you skip 1/2 the posts in TATE then. You know, the posts that point out McNabb's shortcomings and Reid's inability to coach on gamedays, etc... Normal people call those posters realists. TATErs call them negadelphians.

The skins fans are a totally different breed. They've been predicting "12-4!!! SUPERBOWL!!!!" Every year since 1991 up to Zorn's second season as HC. The fan base is TATE * 10000.

Yes, seconded. I actually think TATE tends to be more negative these days.

He is obviously a fat piece of **** who doesn't care about the team or his teammates.

I'm sure someone can find a post on here from last year at this point where you didn't feel that way. Skins fans LOVED the Haynesworth signing. I remember how much you guys bragged about getting an elite defensive player, rubbbed it in Eagles, Cowboys and Giants fans faces. One year later and Skins fans act like they never liked the guy or wanted him. Haynesworth has been fat and lazy for a while. I'm sure you can also find many posts on here where Eagles fans warned Skins fans not to get too excited because Haynesworth is injury prone and rarely gives 100%. It's the same ol story though. You guys obsessed over Archuletta, Deion, Brandon Lloyd, Bruce Smith...and then list goes on and on. I still remember Skins fans bragging that they had the best WR trio in the NFL: Moss/Lloyd, Randle El. LOL.

Now it's obsessing over Shannhan thinking he is the savior when you guys acted the same way to Joe Gibbs a few years ago and even acted the same way with Spurrier and Zorn. I think Snyder could hire a high school coach and you guys would find a way to spin it and brag about how your team is making smart moves. I think you guys will praise anything that the Skins do and it's quite sad considering what the team has done since Snyder took over. Skins fans could learn alot from O's fans who have turned against the owner and refused to attend games. A half empty FedEx field would be the ultimate wake up call to Snyder.

The Redskins this offseason have built their team the way Snyder has built his teams since he took over. They were 4-12 last year and are much older than they were in 2009. How do you go from one of the worst teams to the oldest team? Most teams coming off a 4 win season tear things up and rebuild. Instead the Skins felt with 4 wins they were on the verge of the playoffs so what did they do, added every vetern they could, traded away draft picks, avoided drafting or the future. Shanny and Allen must think alot like Snyder because these are 100% Daniel Snyder type moves. Go back and look at Shanny's teams in Denver. He tried to mold young players. He drafted well. He rarely built through free agency.

Jason1978 said:
I'm sure someone can find a post on here from last year at this point where you didn't feel that way. Skins fans LOVED the Haynesworth signing. I remember how much you guys bragged about getting an elite defensive player, rubbbed it in Eagles, Cowboys and Giants fans faces. One year later and Skins fans act like they never liked the guy or wanted him. Haynesworth has been fat and lazy for a while. I'm sure you can also find many posts on here where Eagles fans warned Skins fans not to get too excited because Haynesworth is injury prone and rarely gives 100%. It's the same ol story though. You guys obsessed over Archuletta, Deion, Brandon Lloyd, Bruce Smith...and then list goes on and on. I still remember Skins fans bragging that they had the best WR trio in the NFL: Moss/Lloyd, Randle El. LOL.

It even predates Snyder. I remember when the skins went out and got Dana Stubblefield and Dan Wilkinson for the '98 season. The skins fans ALL talked soooooooo much ish going into that season. Their D was respectable the prior year, but the run defense, they claimed, cost them the superbowl that year. So much smack talking and going on and on about how they are going to own the division for a decade because of those two, only to end up at 6-10 and 28th in points allowed. :lol:

I hate the skins with a passion, but not nearly as much as their F'n ignorant know-nothing-about-footbal fans that it makes me want to puke. Only in the last couple of years have they realized that their team was NOT going to go 12-4!!! and to the superbowl!!!! But 'lil Danny pulled a fast one on them, and the calls of 12-4!!! Superbowl are being heard yet again.

Did they learn in 1998? NO

2000? NO

2001? NO

2002? NO

2004?

2010? NO

F 'em

Now it's obsessing over Shannhan thinking he is the savior when you guys acted the same way to Joe Gibbs a few years ago and even acted the same way with Spurrier and Zorn. I think Snyder could hire a high school coach and you guys would find a way to spin it and brag about how your team is making smart moves. I think you guys will praise anything that the Skins do and it's quite sad considering what the team has done since Snyder took over. Skins fans could learn alot from O's fans who have turned against the owner and refused to attend games. A half empty FedEx field would be the ultimate wake up call to Snyder.

The Redskins this offseason have built their team the way Snyder has built his teams since he took over. They were 4-12 last year and are much older than they were in 2009. How do you go from one of the worst teams to the oldest team? Most teams coming off a 4 win season tear things up and rebuild. Instead the Skins felt with 4 wins they were on the verge of the playoffs so what did they do, added every vetern they could, traded away draft picks, avoided drafting or the future. Shanny and Allen must think alot like Snyder because these are 100% Daniel Snyder type moves. Go back and look at Shanny's teams in Denver. He tried to mold young players. He drafted well. He rarely built through free agency.

I said he was a great player but that they paid him too much. I remember saying a few times no one is worth $100 million on here. He improved the redskins pass rush so much last year, its just a shame he has to pull this crap because he could be an absolute monster at NT or DE for us. Thats the risk they took by signing him, they knew about his character issues and it backfired. I blame Cerrato for giving him the massive contract. Allen and Shanahan are left cleaning up the mess.

i was all for the signing and still am, he's a differance maker. and i never care about how much money a player makes, its not my money. i'm hoping he'll change his mind, come to camp and be apart of this team. but with or without him the skins are moving on to bigger and better things.

i was all for the signing and still am, he's a differance maker. and i never care about how much money a player makes, its not my money. i'm hoping he'll change his mind, come to camp and be apart of this team. but with or without him the skins are moving on to bigger and better things.

Thats a good point, why should we care? Its not our money and the salary cap is gone.

Thats a good point, why should we care? Its not our money and the salary cap is gone.

Because it prevents the signing of other players who would play and contribute to the success of the team? ;)

Just because a salary cap is gone doesn't mean teams spent above and beyond. If anything, the salaries of teams have gone down since the cap was removed(e.g. Tampa Bay). So a major mistake like Fat Albert has big impact on what a GM is allowed to do with the limit the owner sets for salaries.

lol im not really that optimistic im just excited about what Shanahan and Allen are doing. First of all, i would never defend Haynesworth. He is obviously a fat piece of **** who doesn't care about the team or his teammates. I love how the skins teammates like Fletcher and Carter are calling him out. I would say Haynesworth was Cerrato's biggest free agent bust but i think that title goes to Adam Archuleta.

Before the Brown trade I thought 8-8 was the skins ceiling this year but i think they could go maybe 10-6 now if Trent Williams can come in and play right away.

Washington will be a better team I think, but McNabb isnt going to win them an additional 4 games...7-9 is my pick for them, kindda in the same neighborhood I have the Eagles...

I said he was a great player but that they paid him too much. I remember saying a few times no one is worth $100 million on here. He improved the redskins pass rush so much last year, its just a shame he has to pull this crap because he could be an absolute monster at NT or DE for us. Thats the risk they took by signing him, they knew about his character issues and it backfired. I blame Cerrato for giving him the massive contract. Allen and Shanahan are left cleaning up the mess.

You typically call it like it is with the Skins but others do not. I do take issue with the statement bolded above. Unfortunately, there is no way for Haynesworth to be a monster for you guys because he takes too many plays off. Monsters don't take plays off, see John Randall for a quick reference. As London Fletcher said, if the play did not benefit Albert, he took the play off. He his assignment was to occupy an O-Linemen but not penetrate, he took it off. Your ex D-coordinator told Napoleon not to get Haynesworth but he did it anyway.

Just wanted to throw out a little nugget for those that think the Skins won't be better in a 3-4. Now this is no guarantee, but the fact that they had 2 guys get 11 sacks each, one being a rookie who will now be freed up to rush the passer from various angles is not something to take lightly. Orakpo is a beast and with him standing up and moving around could be a nightmare for any offense.

Just wanted to throw out a little nugget for those that think the Skins won't be better in a 3-4. Now this is no guarantee, but the fact that they had 2 guys get 11 sacks each, one being a rookie who will now be freed up to rush the passer from various angles is not something to take lightly. Orakpo is a beast and with him standing up and moving around could be a nightmare for any offense.

The one counter I have to that argument ...

p1_haslett_getty.jpg

Some stats to back up my meh impression of Haslett

http://www.theomfield.com/2010/01/jim-haslett-really.html

Washington will be a better team I think, but McNabb isnt going to win them an additional 4 games...7-9 is my pick for them, kindda in the same neighborhood I have the Eagles...

I think thats fair.

It's amazing to me that no one seems to be discussing McNabb's injury history. With a shoddy (yet admittedly improved) o-line, I can't see McNabb making it through 16 games. I'll put em at 8-8/9-7.

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP)—An Iowa judge has found Washington Redskins guard Chad Rinehart(notes) guilty of public intoxication after a January encounter with University of Northern Iowa police.

The 25-year-old Rinehart, a native of Boone, Iowa, paid $195 in fines and fees after Black Hawk County Magistrate Patricia Meany issued her written ruling June 3.

Campus police spokesman Dave Zariffs says officers responded to a door alarm at a pizzeria in Cedar Falls on Jan. 18 and found Rinehart pulling on a locked door. A police report says Rinehart, who played at Northern Iowa from 2004-07, appeared to be intoxicated. He refused a breath test and was arrested.

Rinehart made four starts for the Redskins last season before breaking his right leg.

look, you're NOT in college anymore! stop acting like it.

with Shanny, McNabb & a pretty good D...

14 - 2

Why do you post incredibly dumb ish like this?

with Shanny, McNabb & a pretty good D...

14 - 2

with no O-line and no major receivers and a McNabb injury by week 4, 8-8 at best.

No, clearly 16-0. Trent Williams wins offensive ROY. Perry Riley defensive ROY. Clinton Portis wins MVP.

ROY of the year or not, one man is not gonna cut it.

if clinton played as well as he talks, he'd be MVP.

Listening to Sirius NFL radio on the way back to work. Haysnworth released a statement saying he will be on time for training camp, in shape. he was been working out on his own. blah blah blah