gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Shanahan will be put to the fire today. I wonder if he realizes he's not in denver anymore? Maybe that crap works over there but in D.C. there are smarter people that won't believe Groosman is the best QB to run the 2 minute offense. LoL

Seriously one of the dumbest moves I've seen a coach do. The entire bye week leading up to the eagles game will be about McNabb and Shanny.

Everyone is behind McNabb on this one.

I went on extreme skins just to see what they were saying. I think one person actually liked him being benched.

I also heard last night that grossman played one game with the texans after being there one year and never ran the 2 min offense.

Shanahan is a freaking moronic idiot, he has broken more things than he has fixed.

First he turns the 4th ranked D last year into an out of place 3-4 D which is struggling not to be dead last in the league, then he completely Fs up any chance of Fat Albert succeeding in DC and all but seals his future there.

Above everything else he trades for a 34 year old QB on the downside of his career and then benches him halfway through the season for a borderline scrub and opens himself up for scrutiny by the Media and his own players.

5 is going to be gone at the end of the year and leave Shanny and his son holding their D!cks.

First he turns the 4th ranked D last year into an out of place 3-4 D which is struggling not to be dead last in the league, then he completely Fs up any chance of Fat Albert succeeding in DC and all but seals his future there.

Above everything else he trades for a 34 year old QB on the downside of his career and then benches him halfway through the season for a borderline scrub and opens himself up for scrutiny by the Media and his own players.

Couldn't have said it better.

I wonder if McNabb is already looking around at real estate up in the greater twin cities area.

Horrible decision to bench #5 for a scrub QB. Not that #5 is setting the NFL on fire this season, but I'll take my chances with him over GROSSman.

That move cost the Skins the game I think.

wouldn't of mattered....have you seen mcnabb's play in the 4th quarter with his team down points this season in particular?

he was obviously lying about what he said. It was obvious McNabb wasn't taking his coaching and unlike the eagles he actually held him accountable for being terrible.

Maybe that crap works over there but in D.C. there are smarter people that won't believe Groosman is the best QB to run the 2 minute offense. LoL

You mean the smart people who thought Heath Shuler was the future, Spurrier would take the team to the next level, and defending all the high priced FA moves? Redskins media knows nothing about football because all they do is praise the football team. Might be out of fear of feeling Snyders wrath. I clearly remember when Spurrier took over and how the media got excited that he would finally mold those Florida quaterbacks into stars.

Redskins QBs that have started or seen playing time since 1999 when Snyder took over:

Brad Johnson

Rodney Peets

Jeff George

Tony Banks

Kent Graham

Shane Matthews

Patrick Ramsey

Danny Wuerffel

Tim Hasselbeck

Gibran Hamdan

Mark Brunell

Jason Campbell

Todd Collins

Donovan McNabb

Rex Grossman

What's even most surprising is that McNabb's numbers this year might end up being worse than some of the guys on that list. Time for the Skins to keep that first round pick and get a QB to groom.

McNabb was playing horribly. I was hoping to watch him fail one last time in an effort to come back with under 2 minutes left in the game. Shanahan robbed me of that. Damn you Shanahan.

I laugh sometimes when the NFC east gets a new coach. Because a media member always asks the same question to them. "How will you handle the pressure here in the NFC east". They laugh and say its the same pressure as before.

they never get the fact that the NFC east is a different animal compared to the rest of the league. Each team has a huge fanbase, strong traditions and Big money behind them. Every move is over analyzed, every word is dissected by the media.

Its funny because the media always warns the coaches. I still remember when a reporter asked Coughlin that question and he just shrugged it off. But every time the giants drop 2 games its a S*** storm. I remember Wade being asked the question too...he just gave that dumb laugh and said I was the coach of the buffalo bills.

Everyone in the Media, here in D.C., is ready to cook him alive.

I give shanny 2 years before he can't handle it.

Even before the season started Shanahan said he was amazed at the media coverage during practices. He said in denver they only had a couple of reporters. But here there is 15-30 each day for a dumb practice.

Welcome to the beast coach, you're about to get screwed royally....lol

You mean the smart people who thought Heath Shuler was the future, Spurrier would take the team to the next level, and defending all the high priced FA moves? Redskins media knows nothing about football because all they do is praise the football team. Might be out of fear of feeling Snyders wrath. I clearly remember when Spurrier took over and how the media got excited that he would finally mold those Florida quaterbacks into stars.

Hey lets not throw stones and talk about franchise ineptitude because yours has its fair share maybe more then the others.

Bringing out Heath Shuler...WTF

Jeez why don't you go back and talk about Riggins drinking during practice and Gibbs couldn't do jack about it.

Hey lets not throw stones and talk about franchise ineptitude because yours has its fair share maybe more then the others.

Lately though?

Our coach made what was thought to be one of the dumbest trades in NFL history by giving away our franchise QB, possible HOF QB to a division rival. It was a move everyone said that would backfire on Reid, make the Skins a playoff/SB contender.

When have the Skins actually had a really good QB, stability at QB. I know Rypien won the SB but he wasn't reliable. Same with Doug Williams. They got the job done those seasons but the Skins really haven't had a QB to root for since maybe Theisman...and he had maybe 2-3 pretty good seasons. Shanny has pretty much bombed at finding a replacement for Elway though he briefly had Cutler. Maybe he should've pushed hard to try and get Cutler from the Bears. The draft is the only way to go right now but will they draft someone?

Lately though?

Our coach made what was thought to be one of the dumbest trades in NFL history by giving away our franchise QB, possible HOF QB to a division rival. It was a move everyone said that would backfire on Reid, make the Skins a playoff/SB contender.

When have the Skins actually had a really good QB, stability at QB. I know Rypien won the SB but he wasn't reliable. Same with Doug Williams. They got the job done those seasons but the Skins really haven't had a QB to root for since maybe Theisman...and he had maybe 2-3 pretty good seasons. Shanny has pretty much bombed at finding a replacement for Elway though he briefly had Cutler. Maybe he should've pushed hard to try and get Cutler from the Bears. The draft is the only way to go right now but will they draft someone?

Hold up... Wait a minute.

Don't just jump the gun here. Yeah Shanny made the dumbest move so far this season from a coaching stand point but don't think its the end of the world.

trust me there will more dumb moves from the other NFC east coaches this season.

Its WAY too early to judge the trade yet.

In all reality mcNabb will get signed and the redskins will go out and get a decent oline and add WRs for McNabb. You're jumping the gun right now.

Was the move to bench McNabb wrong? Yes, but I still think the trade was a good move. When the skins give McNabb protection he throws that sucker deep. I mean McNabb is 5th in the league in passing yards and that's with a crappy line.

If the skins don't sign McNabb or If McNabb doesn't lead the skins to a playoff run during his contract with the redskins than I will agree with you. But its way too early. This benching is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to NFC east story lines.

passing yards don't tell the whole story, just see kyle orton who's #2.

mcnabb could be 1st on that list for all i care, look at his qb rating...it's horrible. 5th worst qb rating among starting qb's.

getting mcnabb receivers and stable o-line doesn't solve all the issues, skins d has some issues to fix as well.

First Deion Sanders, then Jason Taylor now Donovan McNabb...... You guys just don't learn do you?

Their 2006 FA class was my personal favorite.

Finally someone that gets my point

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0110106395.html

This is what I said in another thread

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index...&p=14942826

But of course you guys instead of trying to have a conversation just go off and bash the heck out of me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mcnabb actually plays better. Unlike Reid, shanny is actually addressing McNabb's problems

The benching will "help" McNabb?"

I'm sorry but as long as that line is as crap as it is, it won't matter who is behind center.

Finally someone that gets my point

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0110106395.html

This is what I said in another thread

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index...&p=14942826

But of course you guys instead of trying to have a conversation just go off and bash the heck out of me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mcnabb actually plays better. Unlike Reid, shanny is actually addressing McNabb's problems

He addressed the problem by shipping his arse out of town.

I know benching worked before when Andy did it a few years back, McNabb came out on fire...but just because it worked before doesn't mean it's gonna happen again.

Only time will tell, but again I give you credit for facing the music, unlike other Skins fans who have dissapeared and are nowhere to be found since Sunday.

The benching will "help" McNabb?"

I'm sorry but as long as that line is as crap as it is, it won't matter who is behind center.

yeah well that's obvious, we could have Peyton as the qB and he would suck.

I'm just saying "MAYBE" this will actually help mcnabb and the skins in the long run. Let say shanny never took mcNabb out, then none of these problems would have surfaced about McNabb. At least now they are out in the open and will put pressure on Mcnabb to prove people wrong.

He addressed the problem by shipping his arse out of town.

I know benching worked before when Andy did it a few years back, McNabb came out on fire...but just because it worked before doesn't mean it's gonna happen again.

Only time will tell, but again I give you credit for facing the music, unlike other Skins fans who have dissapeared and are nowhere to be found since Sunday.

The problem is the damn oline, seriously I've never seen it this bad. The only legit player we have is the Rookie on that oline. Teams have figured out the middle of the line stinks to high hell. they are blitzing the heck out of us and mcnabb is running for his life on almost every play.

The times they do give him protection Mcnabb throws bombs, some of them connect others are over-thrown or short.