gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

there's not a lot trash talking from the eagle fans this week.

Odd, the first game you guys were high and ready to talk a lot. I thought after the colts game you guys would start a fire storm.

At least most of you are down to earth with this game and not thinking it will be a walk in the park

i guess you're ignoring the mcnabb thread in this forum. if you really want a good pre-game beating before your on-field beating, go in there.

i guess you're ignoring the mcnabb thread in this forum. if you really want a good pre-game beating before your on-field beating, go in there.

Meh, I've seen worse from you guys. Everyone around here is doing the Wade shuffle and looking forward to the giants game.

I'm actually getting a good vibe for the monday night game.

Eagles have the better team reguardless of who wins monday. So I could careless. LAst time the skins swept the eagles we still went on to have a nice run.

Odd, the first game you guys were high and ready to talk a lot. I thought after the colts game you guys would start a fire storm.

At least most of you are down to earth with this game and not thinking it will be a walk in the park

Eagles fans aren't talking to much ish this week cause we know what Donovan did the last time he was benched. He really stepped up and played an amazing game. Scored the most points in Thanksgiving History and put up 4 TD's. So though a lot of us Eagles fans think we can win, there's a cautious optimism. The unknown of how Donovan responds this time to the Benching is why I don't think you are reading a lot of trash talk. I was surprised also cause normally you would see a lot of trash talking threads but the board is pretty quiet this week cause we are all wondering how Donovan will respond and if we can follow up the Big Colts win with our 1st Division Win. Also we did lose the 1st matchup so we really shouldn't be talking trash till we beat you guys.

Eagles fans aren't talking to much ish this week cause we know what Donovan did the last time he was benched. He really stepped up and played an amazing game. Scored the most points in Thanksgiving History and put up 4 TD's. So though a lot of us Eagles fans think we can win, there's a cautious optimism. The unknown of how Donovan responds this time to the Benching is why I don't think you are reading a lot of trash talk. I was surprised also cause normally you would see a lot of trash talking threads but the board is pretty quiet this week cause we are all wondering how Donovan will respond and if we can follow up the Big Colts win with our 1st Division Win. Also we did lose the 1st matchup so we really shouldn't be talking trash till we beat you guys.

AR Didnt call donny fat and stupid for 2 weeks after he was benched either.

AR Didnt call donny fat and stupid for 2 weeks after he was benched either.

Which is why we should be even more concerned. Donovan's work ethic and knowledge was questioned. This game is scarier to me than the 1st game. Donovan didn't even play the 1st game great but now it's almost like he has to play well after everything that happen. I do believe it would of been a different game had Vick not got hurt so it will be interesting to see Vick play a full game against Washington.

There are some that think it's going to be a blowout. I will say this, if Vick plays the entire game I think it's an Eagles win. We are a different team with him in.

Unless they some how fixed there oline I'm really not to concerned.

I have to agree, not sure what Donovan has left in the tank at this point, but I will say that nobody can look great behind the trainwreck he's had protecting him. His own center sacked him twice last game.

Gotta have the skins win this game cause the eagles scare me when it comes to getting HFA. I have a feeing we will meet them again.

While I agree we'll meet again, I wouldn't worry about HFA unless you guys can't win the division, as I think the giants will hand us at least one more loss and we're prone to dropping at least one we shouldn't every year, which means 11-5 at best and you guys hold the tie breaker

Unless they some how fixed there oline I'm really not to concerned.

they can't change personnel, but shanny was talking about changing protection scheme on certain downs. I think teams have locked on to what the skins do on 1st downs, 2nd downs, etc..

He broke down tape and he said he completely changed play-calling/ protection schemes on all downs. So if the redskins were in 3 WR set on 2nd and long, he will probably change it to a 2 TE set.

You'll probably see a lot of 2 TE sets

One thing is for sure, we haven't had a coach really analyze play by play since Marty was coach.

The entire offense works only if they get a some sort of running game going. I've noticed when the skins get a couple of 10 yards runs on a drive they usually score a TD.

Most likely it will be another ugly game, something like 17-14.

they can't change personnel, but shanny was talking about changing protection scheme on certain downs. I think teams have locked on to what the skins do on 1st downs, 2nd downs, etc..

He broke down tape and he said he completely changed play-calling/ protection schemes on all downs. So if the redskins were in 3 WR set on 2nd and long, he will probably change it to a 2 TE set.

You'll probably see a lot of 2 TE sets

One thing is for sure, we haven't had a coach really analyze play by play since Marty was coach.

The entire offense works only if they get a some sort of running game going. I've noticed when the skins get a couple of 10 yards runs on a drive they usually score a TD.

Most likely it will be another ugly game, something like 17-14.

Its an NFC East game so anything is possible. Even last year with Campbell and Mcnabb the eagles vs skins were close

Its an NFC East game so anything is possible. Even last year with Campbell and Mcnabb the eagles vs skins were close

See, I can't believe shanny won't get his offense working at least to a point where they are 15th (middle of the pack) in the league on Offense.

They get these moments, 2 or 3 times a game, where they move the ball perfectly and score without an issue. This is the first time I've seen a shanny offense stink. They usually rank in the top 10

See, I can't believe shanny won't get his offense working at least to a point where they are 15th (middle of the pack) in the league on Offense.

They get these moments, 2 or 3 times a game, where they move the ball perfectly and score without an issue. This is the first time I've seen a shanny offense stink. They usually rank in the top 10

Welcome to McNabb ball as well. Two or Three 2:00 scoring drives, then a whole bunch of 3 and outs, or moving the ball between the 30s before petering out.

Welcome to McNabb ball as well. Two or Three 2:00 scoring drives, then a whole bunch of 3 and outs, or moving the ball between the 30s before petering out.

Yeah it usually takes 3-5 mins to score, its a heck of a lot better than last season with campbell but its still frustrating. You ask the question, "If they did it 2-3 times why the hell can't they do it again to win a game, or at least with some consistency?"

These 8 games will be huge for the redskins, if they don't resign mcNabb it will set the franchise back another year. They'll have to find a QB and probably not draft another oline player. With McNabb, it gives the skins a 3-4 window to find a QB and a least stay competitive. Without McNabb I don't know where this franchise will be next season.

I like McNabb even with his flaws because he gives us a better shot but I think Shanny wants him to be Brady/Peyton in one season, which he is not and will never be.

His offense wont work with a guy like Mcnabb at QB. Thats why he benched him.

Our offense is kind of feast or famine right now. We are only scoring when we hit a big play or two. We lead the league in deep pass completions but we are 2nd to last on 3rd down conversions. We are not sustaining drives. We only score when we get a big special teams return from Banks or a big pass completion.

Our offense is kind of feast or famine right now. We are only scoring when we hit a big play or two. We lead the league in deep pass completions but we are 2nd to last on 3rd down conversions. We are not sustaining drives. We only score when we get a big special teams return from Banks or a big pass completion.

Same song last year just up '95

The Redskins made an error with McNabb in reversing his read progression from deep to short. McNabb was an efficient quarterback in Philadelphia reading short to long because his arm strength allowed him to wait out the deeper routes and put the ball over the top. What the Redskins have essentially done on those longer developing plays with McNabb reading deep first is that they're giving him only a partial picture of what the defense is playing. This passing offense doesn't have a motor because the seven-step game has only deep elements in it.

There's no chain-moving factor in the Redskins passing game. There are shorter, high-completion passes, but those are the simplistic routes that don't work in third downs. The Redskins no longer run the long crosses, halfback angles, and speed outs of the west coast passing game that made converting third downs a simple execution issue. Their best plays in third and short involve the ball being thrown down the field into coverage, which are low percentage plays. Too low.

Every part of this is correctable. They don't need to run all these long to short plays to get these big plays. They can rely on the west coast concepts in the Kyle Shanahan playbook to get those chains moving and open up the running game, then bringing the bootleg game off that. Good adjustments by the coordinator will make McNabb a better player. And we know from his Philadelphia days that McNabb can run that offense. McNabb's career average line is 59% completion, 18 TDs, 8 INTs, 7.0 yards per attempt, and a 7% sack rate. McNabb is there in yards per attempt and sack rate, and he's close in completion percentage.

What the Redskins need to rectify is the amount of INTs he's tossing for the lack of TD opportunities he has. The read system is backwards and counter-intuitive and it's confusing and befuddling McNabb. There's no reason for it. Sheer probability sees many more TD opportunities for McNabb in the second half of the season that he will need to execute, particularly in the red zone. If they simply fix the read progression so that everyone is on the same page, McNabb's interceptions will drop and his production will improve.

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2010-articles...n-redskins.html

The former is an excerpt from an article on hogs heaven. An announcer on the Detroit game tried to explain that McNabb's play was all screwed up because the Redskins had changed his progressions from closest to longest to longest to closest. It is the exact opposite of what he did in Philly for 11 years. He was trying to explain that McNabb was just not comfortable in that system without having proper pass protection to accurately gauge the defense. He was saying that this was screwing him up as much as the weak o-line and was causing him to throw balls out of frustration or that he was trying to guess the defense at the time. The announcer called it a recipe for failure.

It seems to me that this would be a quick fix. Let him do the progressions he feels comfortable with and see what he can do for us. It can't be any worse than what is happening now.

Man you guys **** about Campbell all the time like he was super crappy qb. Sure he wont ever be as good as mcnabb. But the guys NEVER had a constant HC/OC/ Scheme. Skins messed up big time with Campbell. He has all the tools. He went how many games in 08 w/o throwing a pick?

Sure skins went 4-12 last year. but just how many was his fault? Skins could EASILY be 3-5 this season.

Dallas, Gb, Bears were the defense keeping them in the game.

I STILL think its so funny that every one bashes the eagles for no running game, always on mcnabbs shoulders. Oh in washington he will have a nice running game no matter what, shanahan can make anyone a good RB.

Mcnabb throws just as much now as he did in philly. So funny. Before you bash a team for doing something make sure you dont do the same damn thing.

Man you guys **** about Campbell all the time like he was super crappy qb. Sure he wont ever be as good as mcnabb. But the guys NEVER had a constant HC/OC/ Scheme. Skins messed up big time with Campbell. He has all the tools. He went how many games in 08 w/o throwing a pick?

Sure skins went 4-12 last year. but just how many was his fault? Skins could EASILY be 3-5 this season.

Dallas, Gb, Bears were the defense keeping them in the game.

I STILL think its so funny that every one bashes the eagles for no running game, always on mcnabbs shoulders. Oh in washington he will have a nice running game no matter what, shanahan can make anyone a good RB.

Mcnabb throws just as much now as he did in philly. So funny. Before you bash a team for doing something make sure you dont do the same damn thing.

Most people have no understanding of what Campbell went through. I live in the DC area, Campbell is one of my most respected players in the league; he is a great young man and I hope the best for that man.

I always liked Campbell and still do. The Raiders are my 2nd favorite team this year because im pulling for him.

The skins are in bad shape at RB, looks like we could be down both Portis and Torain for the Eagles game. We might have to roll with undrafted rookie Keiland Williams and practice squader James Davis.