gritzRgreat

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Its a longshot but if he shuts up and plays whatever position we tell him too, and gives all his effort we could have a pretty good defense this year. I think Allen is waiting for a training camp injury to happen to another teams DT and have someone come calling in desperation. Like what Cerrato did with Jason Taylor. Although i feel better that Miami wasted that pick on Pat White.

with Shanny, McNabb & a pretty good D...

14 - 2

Welcome to dealing with skins fans. Though usually they are 100% serious when they make claims like this. griz is obviously fishing here. Had he said 12-4, it would have dovetailed perfectly with all the rest of the toothless inbred skins fans down here.

Welcome to dealing with skins fans. Though usually they are 100% serious when they make claims like this. griz is obviously fishing here. Had he said 12-4, it would have dovetailed perfectly with all the rest of the toothless inbred skins fans down here.

:lol:

I think they will be an 8 to 10 win team this year.

I think they will be an 8 to 10 win team this year.

All it will take is a nine win season this year, and we'll be seeing nothing but "12-4!!!! Superbowl!!!!" from skins fans for the next 5 years. I can see it now. :furious:

All it will take is a nine win season this year, and we'll be seeing nothing but "12-4!!!! Superbowl!!!!" from skins fans for the next 5 years. I can see it now. :furious:

Yeah, but they keep winning 8 or 9 a year.

On paper the redskins have made significant improvements. Shanahan, Allen, McNabb, T. Williams, and now Brown all upgrade the 3 weakest areas of the team. They also drafted Selvish Capers who could possibly add some decent depth at OT. Then they brought in a crap load of Dlinemen, the highlights being trading for Adam Carriker and signing Vonnie Holliday.

The way i see it, the redskins are still weak at RB and WR but i think their TE depth could allow them to hide that weakness at WR some.

On paper the redskins have made significant improvements. Shanahan, Allen, McNabb, T. Williams, and now Brown all upgrade the 3 weakest areas of the team. They also drafted Selvish Capers who could possibly add some decent depth at OT. Then they brought in a crap load of Dlinemen, the highlights being trading for Adam Carriker and signing Vonnie Holliday.

The way i see it, the redskins are still weak at RB and WR but i think their TE depth could allow them to hide that weakness at WR some.

This could work out for you guys, he was projected as a 3/4 DE, never stood out in the Rams 4/3

This could work out for you guys, he was projected as a 3/4 DE, never stood out in the Rams 4/3

I hope so, Haslett said he can also play NT. Either way i think he adds good depth even if he doesn't end up starting.

Sounds just like some TATERS this offseason. It's funny how some ppl knock other teams fans for being overly optimistic, yet are exactly the same way.

I think the skins had a pretty damn good offseason and will definitely be a team to watch out for. Addressed all their major needs and since the draft drastically improved their oline. Chemistry could be a problem, but they got a hall of fame coach to help with that.

Time will tell.

Sounds just like some TATERS this offseason. It's funny how some ppl knock other teams fans for being overly optimistic, yet are exactly the same way.

I think the skins had a pretty damn good offseason and will definitely be a team to watch out for. Addressed all their major needs and since the draft drastically improved their oline. Chemistry could be a problem, but they got a hall of fame coach to help with that.

Time will tell.

In TATE, you at least get people being realistic, or at the very least pessimistic. The morons here call them NEgadelphians. That concept simply does not exist in Skins land. If the skins win 9 games this year, EVERY skins fans will be screaming 12-4!!!! Superbowl!!!!!! without a single dissenter. That makes it VERY different than the collective TATE.

Sounds just like some TATERS this offseason.

Like who? All I here is how bad the Eagles are going to suck.

Like who? All I here is how bad the Eagles are going to suck.

Names are a little difficult for me to recall at the moment, but there are more than a few. PhillyGreek for one has this team as a worst case scenario 8-8, and possibly 12-4. Borngreen is aghast that anyone would pick us to finish last, he has us better than the gnats or skins without question. Tsparticus sees us in the playoffs. There are a few others in that thread alone that could be considered homers without much difficulty. http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index...586914&st=0

There are plenty of other older threads that are better examples, but I don't have all day to look them up.

Names are a little difficult for me to recall at the moment, but there are more than a few. PhillyGreek for one has this team as a worst case scenario 8-8, and possibly 12-4. Borngreen is aghast that anyone would pick us to finish last, he has us better than the gnats or skins without question. Tsparticus sees us in the playoffs. There are a few others in that thread alone that could be considered homers without much difficulty. http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index...586914&st=0

There are plenty of other older threads that are better examples, but I don't have all day to look them up.

6-10

Time will tell.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Redskins have been absolute garbage almost every season this past decade. While there may be some Skins fans in here who are knowledgeable about their team, they are blindly optimistic going into every season. Then, soon enough, the season starts, and they are an absolute laughing stock.

As angry as us fans are about not winning a championship, this organization has been rock solid for the past 10 years. Playoffs almost every year, NFC championships left and right. We have a reason to be optimistic every year, including this one.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Redskins have been absolute garbage almost every season this past decade. While there may be some Skins fans in here who are knowledgeable about their team, they are blindly optimistic going into every season. Then, soon enough, the season starts, and they are an absolute laughing stock.

As angry as us fans are about not winning a championship, this organization has been rock solid for the past 10 years. Playoffs almost every year, NFC championships left and right. We have a reason to be optimistic every year, including this one.

Oh yeah yet, the guy that headed this organization on the field gets no credit for that, but all the blame for the fails. Comical. He has more to work with than his first five years in philly and now a proven 2x SB winning coach... just sayin.

/drunk rant.

Nice name :lol:

You know you can PM a mod to change it. I suggest something without players name in this day and age.

Do people still care about the Skins?

Time will tell.

when did shanny get inducted into the hall? skins are not going from 4-12 to a 10 plus win, playoff team.. optimistic or not.. mcnabb is still mcnabb, the skins still have a rookie tackle whos overrated imo, old RB's below average WR's and a TE coming of injury, add in the fact theyre switching to a 3-4 and did i mention snyder still owns the team?

Chargers wideout Vincent Jackson on the trading blocks??

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/ju...-trade-seattle/

Skins in the mix.

Report: Redskins interested in Vincent Jackson

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 29, 2010 5:11 PM ET

Last week it was reported that the Seahawks expressed interest in a trade with the Chargers that would land restricted free agent Vincent Jackson in Seattle, but that the Chargers said no thanks. Now another team has been identified as a suitor for Jackson: The Washington Redskins.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune quotes an unnamed source as saying "several other teams," including the Redskins, are interested in acquiring Jackson from the Chargers.

However, it's not known how much other teams are willing to give up to acquire Jackson, or how much they're willing to pay Jackson, who apparently wants a new contract worth more than the four-year, $47.5 million deal Brandon Marshall got when the Broncos traded him to the Dolphins.

Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith has indicated that he'll play hardball with both Jackson and left tackle Marcus McNeill, who also hasn't signed his restricted free agent tender. Both players are reportedly considering sitting out until after Week Ten, when they need to report to accrue a season toward unrestricted free agency.

Would love to make it happen but IDK if the Redskins have anything the Chargers would want other than draft picks.

Haynesworth for Jackson!

i would die!! :-)

but no, "i don't want to play in a 3-4" whine whine whine me me me... <_<

Charger would probably want a 1st round pick and then some for him.

Yeah, very unlikely he comes to the skins. His agent probably just threw the skins out there like half the agents in the league do.