Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free for All

Runtherock

It started before we played them, TATEr after TATEr ran to defend Rogers, Eagles fans my a**..

Rodgers is a good player, but I'm sure Eagle fans pick the Eagles first overall. Get over it. We're allowed to think another player is good.

Do you just not like Rodgers?

I have no problem with the guy at all, but the fact of the matter is he has a history of showing up small in big games and I felt it was completely appropriate....on the Eagles Messgge Board... to point that out. I had no expectation that so many so-called Eagles fans would be offended..

Not directing this to anyone in particular, but there seems to be this mind boggling trend around the country lately where if a QB doesn't win playoff games and/or rings in their 3-4 years of starting in the league, then they're branded for life.

I just don't understand it one bit.

Seriously, stop your BS because frankly we're all sick of you crying.

Who the hell are you? The "fan police?" Because people like players on other teams it means they're not "real fans?"

Who are you to tell people how good of fans they are?

:lol: I find it ironic too because he doesn't hate Donny. Practice what you preach Iron Eagle!

I have no problem with the guy at all, but the fact of the matter is he has a history of showing up small in big games and I felt it was completely appropriate....on the Eagles Messgge Board... to point that out. I had no expectation that so many so-called Eagles fans would be offended..

If he wins the SB, that theory won't matter.

But you're right. You're entitled to point out what ever you want.

What I have an issue with is you and IronEagle talking about who the "real fans" are. Seriously?

Who the hell are you? The "fan police?" Because people like players on other teams it means they're not "real fans?"

Correct

Correct

There are players on other teams who I enjoy watching, who I like. Doesn't make me less of an Eagle fan because the Eagles come first.

If you have a problem with that it's too bad, because I've been an Eagle fan all my life and I always will.

Being a fan of the sport means you can appreciate talent, because I'm occasionally objective and not a complete homer.

If he wins the SB, that theory won't matter.

But you're right. You're entitled to point out what ever you want.

What I have an issue with is you and IronEagle talking about who the "real fans" are. Seriously?

Look, when I was a kid the Eagles were soooooo bad that I liked other teams too. If I wanted to follow football I had to, so I get it. What I don't get is days before we play the opposition in a playoff game legions of Eagle fans defend the other team's QB. That is jacked.

Who are you to tell people how good of fans they are?

So if I think Clay Matthews is a defensive beast I'm not a real Eagle fan?

There are players on other teams who I enjoy watching, who I like. Doesn't make me less of an Eagle fan because the Eagles come first.

If you have a problem with that it's too bad, because I've been an Eagle fan all my life and I always will.

Being a fan of the sport means you can appreciate talent, because I'm occasionally objective and not a complete homer.

I think you should be like me and take it a step further...I'm a Pats fan most and foremost, but I'm also a Packers fan, part time Ravens fan, 36% Saints fan, and depending on whether they're good during that year I'll root for the Steelers...especially if their fans are nice to me.

It's a liberating feeling, you should try it.

I think you should be like me and take it a step further...I'm a Pats fan most and foremost, but I'm also a Packers fan, part time Ravens fan, 36% Saints fan, and depending on whether they're good during that year I'll root for the Steelers...especially if their fans are nice to me.

It's a liberating feeling, you should try it.

Me personally I couldn't be passionate about another team. It's Eagles and Eagles only.

But that doesn't mean I don't prefer certain teams in the playoffs to win over others when the Eagles are out.

And right now, I prefer the Packers to beat the Steelers.

Look, when I was a kid the Eagles were soooooo bad that I liked other teams too. If I wanted to follow football I had to, so I get it. What I don't get is days before we play the opposition in a playoff game legions of Eagle fans defend the other team's QB. That is jacked.

Not sure what playing them matters. Just because we were set to play Green Bay doesn't make me stop believing he's a damn good QB.

Me personally I couldn't be passionate about another team. It's Eagles and Eagles only.

But that doesn't mean I don't prefer certain teams in the playoffs to win over others when the Eagles are out.

I'm calling BS right now! :D

That's too limited of a mind set, you'll always end up disappointed at the end of each year unless your team wins and the chances of that happening every single year are just way too slim. Pick between 26 and 32 teams to cheer for each year, decide which ones you're really gonna be passionate about come end of November, that way you'll know which ones are gonna be good at least. By the time the playoffs start you'll have about 4-6 teams to go crazy for.

If you're lucky, two of the teams you cheer really hard for end up meeting in the Super Bowl, and you'll be partying like it's 1999 if either of them wins. Happens for me almost every single year...it's a great system :-)

Shut up. :lol:

Well, Phillies, Flyers, and 76ers. :P

:lol:

Yeah, I read the posts you leave on FB all the time. I really don't see you talking about the Sixers that much, but if I had a guy like Iggy on my team throwing up airballs in OT, I wouldn't want to talk about them either. :roll:

That's too limited of a mind set, you'll always end up disappointed at the end of each year unless your team wins and the chances of that happening every single year are just way too slim. Pick between 26 and 32 teams to cheer for each year, decide which ones you're really gonna be passionate about come end of November, that way you'll know which ones are gonna be good at least. By the time the playoffs start you'll have about 4-6 teams to go crazy for.

If you're lucky, two of the teams you cheer really hard for end up meeting in the Super Bowl, and you'll be partying like it's 1999 if either of them wins. Happens for me almost every single year...it's a great system :-)

Lol, I can actually say that I like both teams this year, and don't have a strong rooting interest. I have reasons why I'd like to see both teams win.

Well I'll have to keep being disappointed then. Maybe it is limited to some, but I can't do that.

And if I were to cheer for another team, seeing them win a superbowl wouldn't mean nearly or hell even half way as much if it were the Eagles winning.

Personally I hate fans that do that. It's fair-weather to me. To each his own.

I bleed green in the NFL. That's about it.

There is no team I could be more passionate about than the Philadelphia Eagles.

Yeah, I read the posts you leave on FB all the time. I really don't see you talking about the Sixers that much, but if I had a guy like Iggy on my team throwing up airballs in OT, I wouldn't want to talk about them either. :roll:

The city has to have one bad team, a**wipe. And I post stuff before and after the games all the time. Hater! :P

The city has to have one bad team, a**wipe. And I post stuff before and after the games all the time. Hater! :P

:lol: Sixers suck, that is all! Hate me all you want, deep down inside you know you luv me.... :lol:

:lol: Sixers suck, that is all! Hate me all you want, deep down inside you know you luv me.... :lol:

I never denied that the Sixers suck, so what's your point p-head? :lol:

Flyers and Phillies though. Hollazzz! :rock:

Well I'll have to keep being disappointed then. Maybe it is limited to some, but I can't do that.

And if I were to cheer for another team, seeing them win a superbowl wouldn't mean nearly or hell even half way as much if it were the Eagles winning.

Personally I hate fans that do that. It's fair-weather to me. To each his own.

I bleed green in the NFL. That's about it.

There is no team I could be more passionate about than the Philadelphia Eagles.

Bleh, boring :thumbsdown:^_^

I never denied that the Sixers suck, so what's your point p-head? :lol:

Flyers and Phillies though. Hollazzz! :rock:

You better hope the Phillies win it all or else your gonna be hearing it. I already got my material ready to go. B-)

Lol, I can actually say that I like both teams this year, and don't have a strong rooting interest. I have reasons why I'd like to see both teams win.

For Eagles fans, this is quite a good situation...The Steelers and Packers are Dallas' two biggest outer-division rivals, seeing either of them win in their own house will hurt old timer Cowboys fans big time, especially if it's Pittsburgh.