Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free for All

Runtherock

:lol:

You better hope the Phillies win it all or else your gonna be hearing it. I already got my material ready to go. B-)

For what? I never once teased you about the Yankees.

Flyers are the best team in the NHL. One of those teams is gonna give me a championship this year, so it's all good. :rock:

See picture above. :groovy:

For what? I never once teased you about the Yankees.

Flyers are the best team in the NHL. One of those teams is gonna give me a championship this year, so it's all good. :rock:

See picture above. :groovy:

Ohh it's won't be directed at you, you've been respectful...it's for the f'n other clowns that believe their head and shoulders over the rest. I especially love when they got pissed saying the Yankees bought a championship but their own team is now trying to follow the trend but it's different to them. :rolleyes:

Now back to football talk.

Ohh it's won't be directed at you, you've been respectful...it's for the f'n other clowns that believe their head and shoulders over the rest. I especially love when they got pissed saying the Yankees bought a championship but their own team is now trying to follow the trend but it's different to them. :rolleyes:

Now back to football talk.

The Phillies still have to hit. It was their timely hitting that did them in last year, but I believe it will improve. I never once brought up the "buying rings." You gotta go for it to win. And Phillies fans can't talk. Our payroll is now ridiculous.

For Eagles fans, this is quite a good situation...The Steelers and Packers are Dallas' two biggest outer-division rivals, seeing either of them win in their own house will hurt old timer Cowboys fans big time, especially if it's Pittsburgh.

Didn't see it that way. Very true.

For Eagles fans, this is quite a good situation...The Steelers and Packers are Dallas' two biggest outer-division rivals, seeing either of them win in their own house will hurt old timer Cowboys fans big time, especially if it's Pittsburgh.

That's part of the reason I wouldn't mind them winning. There were several reasons I wanted them to win 2 years ago, but one of them was to surpass Dallas for total Super Bowl wins.

That's part of the reason I wouldn't mind them winning. There were several reasons I wanted them to win 2 years ago, but one of them was to surpass Dallas for total Super Bowl wins.

Ya I figured you guys would be amused. But with all due respect, being pissed about not having as many Lombardi's as another team is a nice problem to have :P

Ya I figured you guys would be amused. But with all due respect, being pissed about not having as many Lombardi's as another team is a nice problem to have :P

That's just ungrateful. I'd be happy to just have 1, then I wouldn't care about the 5 Dallas have. That 1 would mean more to me than anything.

That's just ungrateful. I'd be happy to just have 1, then I wouldn't care about the 5 Dallas have. That 1 would mean more to me than anything.

Nah, trust me, once you win it once you WILL want to win it again...all those Eagles fans that say they'll be content if they see it once in their life, trust me the one title you win will get old as soon as the next season starts. It's like a drug, you'll be desperate to experience it again.

But anyway, those franchises that have 5 and 6, they're too damn far. It's easier to not care how many they have because it's too unattainable for most teams.

Nah, trust me, once you win it once you WILL want to win it again...all those Eagles fans that say they'll be content if they see it once in their life, trust me the one title you win will get old as soon as the next season starts. It's like a drug, you'll be desperate to experience it again.

But anyway, those franchises that have 5 and 6, they're too damn far. It's easier to not care how many they have because it's too unattainable for most teams.

True. I felt the same way when the Phillies won in 08. It hurt in 09 when they lost.

But I can only speak as someone in the shoes as an Eagle fan, which most fans obviously wouldn't understand.

:lol: I find it ironic too because he doesn't hate Donny. Practice what you preach Iron Eagle!

What does McNabb have to do with anything? The guy was an Eagle for longer than he'll be with any other team.

You honestly can't see the difference between hating a long time Eagle and hating a guy who plays for a hated rival?

Seriously, stop your BS because frankly we're all sick of you crying.

Who the hell are you? The "fan police?" Because people like players on other teams it means they're not "real fans?"

Who are you to tell people how good of fans they are?

Well excuse me. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if I'm not a drone like the rest of you getting giddy as school girls about a player who doesn't play for your team and would probably laugh in your face if he knew about it, and more than likely is still laughing at your team.

I just don't understand why anyone would like any player not on your own team. Maybe its just the fact that I've been an Eagles fan to long without a Super Bowl that I hate everyone else. I guess the rest of you haven't suffered enough.

Someday you will know exactly what I was talking about.

Well excuse me. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if I'm not a drone like the rest of you getting giddy as school girls about a player who doesn't play for your team and would probably laugh in your face if he knew about it, and more than likely is still laughing at your team.

I just don't understand why anyone would like any player not on your own team. Maybe its just the fact that I've been an Eagles fan to long without a Super Bowl that I hate everyone else. I guess the rest of you haven't suffered enough.

Someday you will know exactly what I was talking about.

Well I don't go around living my life about what could "probably happen," so I don't think I'll have to worry.

I'm sorry, but I don't have enough toxic anger to hate the entire world outside the Eagles. That's just me.

And don't you love McNabb? You know, McNabb, the Redskin? Way to be a f'ing hypocrite.

Well I don't go around living my life about what could "probably happen," so I don't think I'll have to worry.

I'm sorry, but I don't have enough toxic anger to hate the entire world outside the Eagles. That's just me.

And don't you love McNabb? You know, McNabb, the Redskin? Way to be a f'ing hypocrite.

Like I said, if you all honestly can't see the difference between liking a guy who played for your favorite team for eleven years, and liking Aaron Rodgers who just knocked your team out of the playoffs and plays for a hated rival, than I honestly don't know what to tell you. I would think the difference there is self evident, but apparently its not.

I'm sorry, but I don't have enough toxic anger to hate the entire world outside the Eagles. That's just me.And don't you love McNabb? You know, McNabb, the Redskin? Way to be a f'ing hypocrite.

Who said anything about the entire world? I said the football world. Thats the beauty of this thing, its just a game. You can hate whoever you want. Its all BS so who cares?

Like I said, if you all honestly can't see the difference between liking a guy who played for your favorite team for eleven years, and liking Aaron Rodgers who just knocked your team out of the playoffs and plays for a hated rival, than I honestly don't know what to tell you. I would think the difference there is self evident, but apparently its not.

Honestly, I really don't give an ish that you hate players outside the Eagles. You're entitled to that. One thing we do have in common, I am bitter that we have not won a superbowl. I totally get that.

But you have no right to decide who is a "real fan" and who isn't. Everyone isn't going to view things the way you do. That's all I'm saying.

The Packers are not a rival of the Eagles. People forget what rivalries are, exactly. Rivalries are Giants and Eagles, Steelers and Ravens, etc. Losing to a team in the postseason doesn't make them an automatic rival. Are the Cardinals our rival because of 08? No.

Me having respect for a talented player such as Rodgers doesn't make me less of a fan, as well as the other talented players around the league.

Honestly, I really don't give an ish that you hate players outside the Eagles. You're entitled to that. One thing we do have in common, I am bitter that we have not won a superbowl. I totally get that.

But you have no right to decide who is a "real fan" and who isn't. Everyone isn't going to view things the way you do. That's all I'm saying.

The Packers are not a rival of the Eagles. People forget what rivalries are, exactly. Rivalries are Giants and Eagles, Steelers and Ravens, etc. Losing to a team in the postseason doesn't make them an automatic rival. Are the Cardinals our rival because of 08? No. Me having respect for a talented player such as Rodgers doesn't make me less of a fan, as well as the other talented players around the league.

Any team who is a threat to steal your Lombardi is a rival. Thats how I see it.

And I actually hate the Cardinals to. That team costed us good playoff positioning handing us an annoying loss more times than you realize, it wasn't just the 2008 NFC title, but that made me hate them even worse.

Any team who is a threat to steal your Lombardi is a rival. Thats how I see it.

And I actually hate the Cardinals to. That team costed us good playoff positioning handing us an annoying loss more times than you realize, it wasn't just the 2008 NFC title, but that made me hate them even worse.

I respect your opinion. I'll just have to respectfully disagree on that part of it.

Honestly, I really don't give an ish that you hate players outside the Eagles. You're entitled to that. One thing we do have in common, I am bitter that we have not won a superbowl. I totally get that.But you have no right to decide who is a "real fan" and who isn't. Everyone isn't going to view things the way you do. That's all I'm saying.

The Packers are not a rival of the Eagles. People forget what rivalries are, exactly. Rivalries are Giants and Eagles, Steelers and Ravens, etc. Losing to a team in the postseason doesn't make them an automatic rival. Are the Cardinals our rival because of 08? No.

Me having respect for a talented player such as Rodgers doesn't make me less of a fan, as well as the other talented players around the league.

Its not just McNabb, I still like Dawkins and Westbrook to. I like most ex Eagles if they played for the team a long time, unless thy are someone like TO who had a really messy exit.

I just defend McNabb the most because he is the most unfairly trashed of the three.

Perhaps in your eye, the Packers are a hated rival. In mine, he was only a hated rival for 3 hours a few Sundays ago. I liked him before that game, and I liked him after.

But you have no right to decide who is a "real fan" and who isn't. Everyone isn't going to view things the way you do. That's all I'm saying. The Packers are not a rival of the Eagles. People forget what rivalries are, exactly. Rivalries are Giants and Eagles, Steelers and Ravens, etc. Losing to a team in the postseason doesn't make them an automatic rival. Are the Cardinals our rival because of 08? No.

you know, I used to see things like that. I did used to have some like for players on other teams.

I guess its just been to long.

Its not just McNabb, I still like Dawkins and Westbrook to. I like most ex Eagles if they played for the team a long time, unless thy are someone like TO who had a really messy exit.

I just defend McNabb the most because he is the most unfairly trashed of the three.

I'll always have respect and love for ex Eagles, except TO obviously. But once they put on that uniform, they are no longer Eagles, so by your logic they become the enemy.

Perhaps in your eye, the Packers are a hated rival. In mine, he was only a hated rival for 3 hours a few Sundays ago. I liked him before that game, and I liked him after.

I feel the same way you do.

As long as I followed the Eagles I wish someone would tell me I am not a true fan.

Perhaps I should word it differently.

I guess its possible for true fans to like other teams and players on other teams.

But as the years go on, the less I understand it. I'll say that much.

Perhaps I should word it differently.

I guess its possible for true fans to like other teams and players on other teams.

But as the years go on, the less I understand it. I'll say that much.

I love the Eagles, Iron Eagle. And liking so and so on whatever teams isn't going to change that. I could never hop on the bandwagon of other teams. As I was telling Froggy earlier I may have preferences on who I want to win or lose in the postseason, but I could never be this passionate about another team.

I'll always have respect and love for ex Eagles, except TO obviously. But once they put on that uniform, they are no longer Eagles, so by your logic they become the enemy.

You can bet I was rooting against McNabb like crazy when the Eagles played the Skins this year.

But the difference between you and I is once the whistle blows I don't hate ex Eagles anymore.

But I can't say the same about players who have never played for the Eagles. I always hate them.