Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free for All

Runtherock

You can bet I was rooting against McNabb like crazy when the Eagles played the Skins this year.

But the difference between you and I is once the whistle blows I don't hate ex Eagles anymore.

But I can't say the same about players who have never played for the Eagles. I always hate them.

Christ.

The Eagles need to win a superbowl before we all lose our damn sanity. :lol:

I'll always have respect and love for ex Eagles, except TO obviously. But once they put on that uniform, they are no longer Eagles, so by your logic they become the enemy.

I feel the same way you do.

Typically, I don't root for teams after they beat us, but there is usually a reason. The Giants in 00 needs no explanation. I never hated the Rams, but they played the Pats the following week, who I liked more. In 02, we had formed a bit of a rivalry with Tampa, so I didn't like them going in, and certainly not coming out. In 03, I didn't hate Carolina, but didn't like them either, plus they played the Pats. In 06, I got sick of the Katrina sympathy, and didn't want NO possibly winning a ring before us. In 08, I also didn't want AZ winning a ring before us. In 09, Dallas, nuff said.

This year is the only year I've ever pulled for the team that beat us. Now, I can say I like both teams, and will be happy whoever wins.

Typically, I don't root for teams after they beat us, but there is usually a reason. The Giants in 00 needs no explanation. I never hated the Rams, but they played the Pats the following week, who I liked more. In 02, we had formed a bit of a rivalry with Tampa, so I didn't like them going in, and certainly not coming out. In 03, I didn't hate Carolina, but didn't like them either, plus they played the Pats. In 06, I got sick of the Katrina sympathy, and didn't want NO possibly winning a ring before us. In 08, I also didn't want AZ winning a ring before. In 09, Dallas, nuff said.

This year is the only year I've ever pulled for the team that beat us. Now, I can say I like both teams, and will be happy whoever wins.

Agreed.

Christ.

The Eagles need to win a superbowl before we all lose our damn sanity. :lol:

Allright lets call a truce now, since we both want the same thing what do you say? B-)

Truth be told. I envy you. Because I used to be able to enjoy other teams and other players. I used to be able to enjoy football a lot more.

But this last decade has taken its toll on me. I still haven't come to terms with the fact that the McNabb era ended without a Super Bowl.

Maybe someday I can enjoy it again.

Allright lets call a truce now, since we both want the same thing what do you say? B-)

Truth be told. I envy you. Because I used to be able to enjoy other teams and other players. I used to be able to enjoy football a lot more.

But this last decade has taken its toll on me. I still haven't come to terms with the fact that the McNabb era ended without a Super Bowl.

Maybe someday I can enjoy it again.

Truce. :lol:

Sadly I'm still a bit optimistic in the back of my mind that one day I will see the Eagles win. That's what keeps me going.

I think about the McNabb era all the time. It hurts...bad. Very bad. Sometimes I still tear up thinking about the painful losses we've suffered. I understand the anger Eagle fans have. Trust me, I'm definitely angry. But there's one thing that's beautiful about sports, the ability to start off with a clean slate year after year. At this point that's all you can do.

But you have to learn to enjoy football when the Eagles aren't in the postseason. Sure it sucks seeing a team lift a lombardi year after year, and that team is not the Eagles, but football is a great sport.

You're really missing out.

Typically, I don't root for teams after they beat us, but there is usually a reason. The Giants in 00 needs no explanation. I never hated the Rams, but they played the Pats the following week, who I liked more. In 02, we had formed a bit of a rivalry with Tampa, so I didn't like them going in, and certainly not coming out. In 03, I didn't hate Carolina, but didn't like them either, plus they played the Pats. In 06, I got sick of the Katrina sympathy, and didn't want NO possibly winning a ring before us. In 08, I also didn't want AZ winning a ring before us. In 09, Dallas, nuff said.

Believe it or not, I didn't hate the Pats that much after they beat us in the Super Bowl. I felt like the Eagles had no one but themselves to blame for losing that game and the Pats just took care of business.

I didn't start hating them until later after all the Spygate fiasco came out. :lol:

The Bucs on the other hand, were right down there with Satan and Bin Laden after the 2002 NFC title. Carolina was not much further down cause there was something arrogant and trashy about those teams. I was rooting for the Pats against the Panthers.

And the Cardinals have been a thorn in my side since God knows when.

Believe it or not, I didn't hate the Pats that much after they beat us in the Super Bowl. I felt like the Eagles had no one but themselves to blame for losing that game and the Pats just took care of business.

I didn't start hating them until later after all the Spygate fiasco came out. :lol:

The Bucs on the other hand, were right down there with Satan and Bin Laden after the 2002 NFC title. Carolina was not much further down cause there was something arrogant and trashy about those teams. I was rooting for the Pats against the Panthers.

And the Cardinals have been a thorn in my side since God knows when.

I didn't hate New England either, honestly. I hated their bandwagon fans that popped out of nowhere. Suddenly Patriot fans appeared in the Delaware valley when I never knew any in my life. Spygate obviously made me lose respect, but you're right. The SB 39 loss is on the Eagles.

The Bucs I just f'ing loathe, just because we've had several painful losses to them in the regular season and that 02 game obviously was a killer. I'll just always hate them, so I guess you could say they become some sense of a rival.

Carolina doesn't bother me, simply because we've flat out b-slapped them since the 03 Championship game.

Cardinals don't irritate me much. I cheered against them in that superbowl and they lost, and that was that. Now they're irrelevant.

I didn't hate New England either, honestly. I hated their bandwagon fans that popped out of nowhere. Suddenly Patriot fans appeared in the Delaware valley when I never knew any in my life. Spygate obviously made me lose respect, but you're right. The SB 39 loss is on the Eagles.

The Bucs I just f'ing loathe, just because we've had several painful losses to them in the regular season and that 02 game obviously was a killer. I'll just always hate them, so I guess you could say they become some sense of a rival.

Carolina doesn't bother me, simply because we've flat out b-slapped them since the 03 Championship game.

Cardinals don't irritate me much. I cheered against them in that superbowl and they lost, and that was that. Now they're irrelevant.

Yeah but they costed us a golden oppurtunity for another trip to the Super Bowl against a Steelers team I know we could have beaten, I'll never forget that. Not to mention McNabb's comeback.

What does McNabb have to do with anything? The guy was an Eagle for longer than he'll be with any other team.

You honestly can't see the difference between hating a long time Eagle and hating a guy who plays for a hated rival?

O'Rly let's go back a little bit to this post you previously made...

For once, I'm with Runthecrock. I have no idea why Eagles fans are so giddy. So what if Mr Trash won what does that do for an Eagle fan?

A real fan hates everyone but his own team. Screw Aaron Rodgers and everyone else.

You basically said a "real fan" hates EVERYONE BUT HIS OWN TEAM. So either your not a real fan by your own standards or your making an exeption for Donny since he was an Eagle for most of his career. He does play for the rival does he not? Just because his crappy team didn't make the playoffs doesn't excuse him from the situation. I was basically just pointing out that your not practicing what you preach, that's all. All this nonsense about rooting for a guy because he knocked the Eagles out of the playoff is so childish it's stupid. What happens if Rodgers loses, does that mean the Eagles get something out of it? Nope! Same scenario wether the guy wins or loses. Rodgers is fun to watch and a great QB, excuse the F out of me for wanting to see the guy do good. I know if Donny was in Rodgers shoes right now you and a few others would be celebrating and cheering him on as well, right? Don't give me the BS about it's different because he was an Eagle for 10+ years either.