Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] RBs Take Center Stage In Win

Good nite,..Irene,..the party's over!!!,..btw,.Fu made some lousy plays and earned a bocce ball. Methinks the scrip joint was raided and Lupes was arrested. Charges pending and his liqior license was suspended. Apparently,..ATV died drinking too much I just used the EMB's #1 Cliché and perrier water,..deadly. 'Tis a pity,..he was coming around. Dang hurricane muckin' stuff up!,....GK.

lucky we got vick part 2 (Young)...if this first unit Oline plays like that thru out the season vick is done and maybe even young...get castillo back over there showing the Oline coach some pointers...cmon eagles...gonna be at the Jets game next week...so ready

O-line got there butt handed them 2nite.. Espc that right side n C.. JJ will fix that i think.. Keice just gettn his reps in now jst ncase JJ goes down.. DJax needs Maclin bk too coz teams just gna cover him all nite

Ahhhhhh Much better...even though it WAS the Browns...but this team shows signs of being very talented abeit a little disoriented now and then. Vick has GOT to improve on his decision making. He looks somewhat tentative and his throws are erratic. Defense performed pretty well. Still some middle of the field issues but let's hope the coaching staff figures those things out. Nice job from the O line and backs in the running game as Dave alluded to. Mu God, we mayactually have a legit runningattack...not ground Reid as states but certainly morethen we have seen in the last few years.

Bri...puhleeeeeze...dat ain't no Hurricane....why dat's nutten but a sun shower down here....perk up....and manup...load up on Starbucks and you'll be fine...

Ok, it was good to see the D do well tonite. Colt Mccoy had been playing very well.. Glad to see Mathews make his first few plays in the preseason, even tho he and MoFo both got trucked by Hillis. Is Mathews just a first down player now? Vick was average at best with two fumbles and a pick that got caled back, but I can't blame him with the way the o line was playing. I think Kelce and Watkins get better with time if Vick can survive their initiation. By the way, I think I remember Vick got the starting job because the line was so bad and Kolb got concussed. My outlook for the season is much better after that, even though we beat a sub 500 team. I think Kelce wins the starting C job, he started shaky but I was impressed with his downfield blocking after that. By the way, will DeSean arms get a little bit longer if he gets paid?

Seein Keice get to the next level with the block shows he good on the run.. JJ got the brains to read the blitz n can hold his own in the pass n run.. Not as athletic as Keice but il take JJz smarts, organization n pass protection keepn Vick upright for sure.. Im hoping he gets the nod come game 1 vs Rams..

jackson just cant get the ball when maclin is not playing, most of the time he had 3 guys just covering him in a zone. jackson is going to love it when both smith and maclin are playing and the field is stretched, damn, just imagine, smith jackson shady maclin and avant all on the field at once ohhhh thats a dangerous combo. Right side needs some work though, there were plays were watkins really showed that he was a rookie where they were just running right between him and dunlap, that cant be allowed to happen during the season. BTW does anyone thing our special teams this year is well, special!

Livefyre disappeared on us last night... perhaps the hurricane is messing with Servers in Virginia? That's the only explanation I have right now... too bad...we had 422 comments on the game in progress, then... vanish. I'll get you'se an update asap. Meanwhile---good blurb, Dave.

I hope Evergreen is playing and using this preseason....like a NASCAR team uses track testing....I will hold all concerns, expectations until after I see them at "The Lou"....I love the fact Casey getting max reps, Hanson getting no playing time and seeing what the rooks can do...I do believe the Giants may be interested in Hanson...Coleman looks beefed up this year...terrific seventh round pick....JJ will be starter week 1....

Knuckleheads,....someone inquired yesterday re: the BIGO 5 contest,....Hairy Palms would have won,.....nailing them 100%,..can't do better than that. Bottomline: It's irrelevent,.it's pre season,..it suits us.....carry on,..GK.

Watched the game and the Oline was inconsistent (to say the least). Dogbert is not comfortable, and he shows it. O shure he says all the right things but, there is genuine concern in that situation. It's past time to offer excuses, don't want to hear them. They have everything they need to succeed, they're high payed professionals, and its time to play like it.... Bright Spot.. I saw Andy R smile during a game (it took a flag to do it).....

Well, obviously the O Line needs to pick it up. Watkins... was lost in space. A lot. He wiffed on a few blocks and was looking around trying to figure out why nobody was there for him. I hope he picks his game up. Vick was getting punished. It seems like Vick is thinking a lot more about what he is doing. Liking the check downs when nothing is there. Also liked that right down the seem laser to Avant. While I didn't see a ton of pressure, we didn't really blitz much and were still pretty disruptive. Still a lot to figure out considering reg. season is so fast approaching. More then anything else... I REALLY, REALLY hope the O-Line can gel a lil more and step it up because even though they played "better" into the night Vick will not survive very many first halves like that this season. That was just brutal. I felt bad for him.

Also, Lupes I won't be around for a couple hours but I still don't have a comment box over yonder to be able to post.

Also, since I am out here in the west the game I got to watch was the skins ravens game. Decent game, but it surely didn't look like Balt's D is gonna be the feared D of the past. Of course we didn't put many points up on them but last nights game wasup there. Skins pass game looks to be improved but hard to judge cause I think it also has to do with Balt's pass D.

jhustoncc..... Thats right you got it(about the Eagles , that is). Another thing is Team play, not individual ocassional high points. These guys have to play for each other and with each other.

Yeah, there wasn't a lot of chemistry there yet. We are stocked full of superstar talent but these guys are gonna have to learn to feed off of each others strengths, etc, and gel a bit better for sure.