Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] RBs Take Center Stage In Win

Glittering generalities are for rank amateurs and novices. To say the O-Line was inconsistent is misleading and wreckless,..with little insight to exactly what was going on out there. The muck up was in the terminology,.communication, and assignments which was understandable under the circumstances. Acceptable,?..NO! ..Correctable ?..YES. ....Experience is the best teacher,...and the EAGLES are fortunate to have elusives QBs on their roster. The BORED would be surprised if things don't get better there,..as the season progresses. Tweetybird should stick to pulling Sylvester's tail,....grab the gusto,.....fellow Armchairs........GK.

Yeah, I'm with the lack of communication stuff Bri, but there was a little more then that going on with Watkins at times. I mean he was running around in circles on a few plays. I have faith in the young man, and want him to succeed as I know he can but time is just getting short.

It's hard for me to say really how the Browns O-Line and D-Line stack up to a lot of other teams cause I have never had a thought to keep track of them, but they put up a pretty stiff test on both sides of the ball which came as a surprise to me.

NOPE!!!,..Reid indicated they had to change up things (terminology) because of the "coaches" on Cleveland,..ie,... their head coach!,.....Perk up!,..i expect better things from a ROY candidate. An obvious case of,..lost in translation.

Yeah I heard that stuff Reid said before I actually watched the game cause I had to wait for the replay. He also said some stuff about having to go to a hurry up offense which I didn't really see. Our Eags always surprise us, we usually stink it up in the preseason pretty good. That's where great coaching comes into play. Watch film, correct mistakes, etc. I am sure we stayed semi vanilla in play calling. I am as excited as ever for a season and we still have time to really cement some bonds and get our guys to gel. While I think/know Young could get this team some wins if he had to, I would much rather see Vick staying upright with time to make his reads and decisions. He did look a little hesitant on some of the plays and I think that is because they are still trying to teach him to wait for something to open up, which doesn't jive well with running for your life.

Spuds))) I agree that Kelce will be very good......eventually. There's a lot to like about his game but JJ starts week one. There was a bunch of miscommunication which improved in the second quarter. We need a more experienced guy lining up next to Watkins.....1:1 he's good but someone needs to point out his assignments to him

Also, I think that roughing the passer call on Vick was justified, I just think they announced it incorrectly. I would have thought it would have been the fact that launched and drove versus a hit to the helmet which I did not see.

Hahaha. In following the stupid white Vick thing check this out..http://spikeeskin.com/post/9398600396/weve-seen-vick-white-heres-andy-reid-anorexic

Agreed T-power....he has beefed up tremendously from year one too. It goes to show Evergreen has some professionals in their talent evals and drafting scheme....I am amazed we find so many contributors in the lower rounds...hats off!

Looks like it comes down to the Oline. The QB is fragle and the last thing we need is another Harold Charmichael type of player doing scary tumbles at the end of his runs. That fan pole on the home page seems to also concur with the Oline concern.

I loved to watch Cunningham run for his life and leaping over defenders like a gesselle(sp?) like some sort of graceful jumping animal(sik)

EEB is shutdown...and this place has ONLY 43 comments. That tells me something and it is not good.

DDD,...no WAY you beat me in the Bri's stupid Big-O contest. Since he granted me a swap-option for right tackle and right guared, there is 100% chance that I will win....perhaps even higher.

DDD,....did you stop by ATV's Drunk-o-rama last night ? Although he had advertised that it would be bigger than Bri's forehead, it turned out to be stupider than Bri's Big-O contest (which was the cause of the recent earthquake and upcoming hurricane).

ATV's still my boy though.

Ham, you could have the same starting BIg05 as me...but the tie-breaker is who posted it the earliest. Which I did to assure a victory. Guys like U waited for Harris...to update their BIG05, and he is always hurt. I feel sorry for U.