Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] RBs Take Center Stage In Win

My boy Spiffy entertained and educated ATV,...who kinda suks casually,.(0.5)....and in my brief review,..I award the pts to my boy Spiffy,...who cleverly circumvented every idiotic hypothetical that ATV,..who kinda suks,..threw at him,..nice job,.to bof friendly combatants,..it suits this displaced BORED to read sumptin' of merit here,..2 days in a row!

Bri... DENIED... I expect better from youse... Spiffy long stockings while eager and passionaite had to concede then tap out. You clearly must have meant circumnavigated as opposed to circumvented... just as clearly he avoided the question posed... unless you subscribe to the theory the eagles are bound for more blocked FG's and the olde stink eye from April to cause muffed punts in our opponents??? MERCY!

I stand by my opinion... if not for some very lucky breaks the scoreboard would have read a different tally... and that stats and scoreboards do not tell the entire story... perhaps some dopes looked at a 17-0 halftime score and would have come the conclusion that the eagles had dominated that half... when they did not. That said, there were positives to take from the game... but it was far from a dominating effort.

Sorry, didn't tap out. Stepped out, maybe. Concede? Not entirely. While I concede the point that some of the things that you pointed out are luck, I will point out that a very smart man once said, "Luck is just a combination of preparation and perseverence."

Okay, so I got so drunk last night that I wandered into EEB and tripped over a cord or something. It didn't cause a problem did it?

Spiffy... welp, you sure came back quickly... jus sayin : )

and iffin not a concession... I'd say it was a draw at best....

and, still like to hear what you think the score "might" have been had we not been on the plus side of the combination preperation and preserverence?

Poet... I told Hambone that his drunk-a... insert your choice of synonyms for "alot" here... were bad ideas... that I somehow becam a co-sponsor of... first time it cause the eagles to get trounced, had an earthquake hit, a hurricane pop up, and ham to be swarmed by locusts... this time, he broke EEB. He'll never learn!

Ok, IF we didn't get our lucky breaks, then we would have been down a FG. IF we didn't get some other lucky breaks, the Browns MIGHT have score a pair of FG's. Also, if we didn't get some other UN-lucky breaks, we could have had another pair of TD's. So, in conclusion, without good luck and bad in the first half, the score would have been Eagles 28, Browns 6.

Spiffy... you are... something??? Not sure realistic, but that's ok... I like it, and it definitely suits you

My point was that you keep pointing out the "good luck" that befell the Eagles last nite, while ignoring all the "bad luck". If you take it all into perspective, any damnthing could have happened. The score that "might" have been? It's a rediculous exercise in futility.

atv, I agree. This was a better effort, but the score doesn't tell the story. Had we been on the other side of a touchy offensive pass interference and a questionable roughing the passer that turned an interception into an eventual touchdown we'd be up in arms (as we should). During the season, a win is a win, I'd be jumping for joy. During preseason the point is to evaluate the team, and going into the last preseason game, our starters still have some things to tighten up.

The right side of the o-line took a step back in this game, though I believe that will get straightened out. They had a decent overall game, and they played well against pitts. The team still has to figure out that linebacker situation, and despite the spiel, you can see from the game that things aren't settled. Reid was still shuffling the deck.

Poet, I also agree that this was a better game than last week, but the O line had 2 rooks and a 2nd teamer all on 1 side... So, if you were the Browns, where would you aim your attack? This line is a work in progress and some peepees need to be slapped to get it in shape. Will they look like this in St. Louis? I doubt it...

Spiffy... not sure we had a lot of bad fortune befel us (can you give me an example, as I gave at least 4 wiff mine post)... at least not even close to extent of IMO the very big plays we had the benefit that were either the result of questionable officiating, or sloppy plays by cleveland (that in no way can I say the eagle can take credit for... like a muffed punt... or two)

On a more positive note, Big Patt made a significant difference. Having our DTs healthy will be of great help to that young LB corps, however is shuffles out.

Poet... fatt patt was nice to have back for sure... I hope he's making the right decision wiff his health though.

Ok, bad luck could include say... a missed block by a rookie center? Resulting in the pressure on Vick to make a bad throw. Then said bad throw results in a INT? Then good luck intervenes and the play is called back because of a roughing call(that was not as bogus as you believe, while it may not have been helmet to helmet, it was taking Vick to the ground needlessly). How about the bad luck of Jackson missing some catches that had all kinds of rooms to run. Or how about the bad luck of Vick falling down in the middle of an open field like someone had a voodoo doll of him?

and to be clear... all teams get good and bad breaks during the season... it's how they respond in those situation... cleveland failed, the eagles took advantage... like a good team should. I'm very encouraged by that part of the game. When given a chance, step on their necks... that's exactly what we did...

Spiffy... iffin you really believe that a missed block is bad luck... then we musta been one very unlucky team indeed... for years! lol