Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] RBs Take Center Stage In Win

ATV,..udope!!!,...adapt to the weather,.."work" the refs,...even a 5th grader is aware of that strategy,.and it works......Lombardi,.Stram,..Madden were master manipulators of the zebras. Poet and yur boy ATV,...put to shame..by my boy Spiffy,..he learnt well,..being a nobody,..which tells me sumptin'. ....the charter helps all,..who helps themselves,...think outside the wombtomb!

It appears that Lupes and his scrip joint has been reinstated,..i have a few xtra fins,..so,..knuckleheads,..it's been real,..thanks for the drinks!,......GK.

The O-line darn near got Vick killed last night. A big concern with only 2 weeks till showtime. The D is gonna be special this year. Looked like every1 is starting to accept their roles and good communication on that side of the ball. No need to worry about djaxs; once jmac gets back & smith hit the field, there will be no safeties helping over the top. The field will be stretched to the max with all that speed.

Man the o-line really needs to step it up now. If not mr. seventh heaven won't last long, and we really need him. Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

I just love how Reid doesn't seem serious about winning the Super Bowl. Experimenting with an offensive line in an evaluate Vick year before throwing 80 plus million at him. Expecting Howard Mudd-even with all his experience, to put together a unit in 4 weeks time with 3 stiff right tackles that get hurt when they sneeze plus 2 rooks, 1 of which held out 2 weeks of camp .is quite frankly absurd. Reid would have a better chance of losing 50 lbs eating a box of krispy kreme a day. Vick still not recognizing the blitz makes matters worse for the O Line-I will give him credit for and audible into a run play on 1 of his countless oppurtunities to see them coming. I've never missed Mac 5 so much in my life watching this passing game-looks like Shady will break Tomlinson's RB receptions in a year record back when Brees was in San Diego scared to look down the field opting instead to check down 100 times in 2004.A blind man can find Celek 4 to 5 times a game on a 8 yard curl just to keep the chains moving like Romo seems to find Witten,but not Vick. I could care less about preseason wins or losses-execution of plays called translates over time-and the execution I witnessed last night was embarrassing and won't win 1 game in the regular season. Dave can get on his webcast and sugar coat and spin positivity as much as he wants, I'm giving you the earnestness! Fly Eagles !

Momo))) I seem to remember that the Eagles rarely win pre-season games. Also, I think that our rook guard only held out for 2 days. I miss Donovan too, but I think that we are better off with Vick. McNabb threw too many into the dirt and only seemed to play lights out when he was injured. Also, McNabb always seemed to run when pressured, not check down. I think that you are thinking of Koy Detmer, not McNabb...

What's an inranet? Is that in the middle east next to iraqnet? Did they get the bomb? Is that why they are evil?

The RB's were outstanding. I expect that with Shady and Brown but Lewis has been really impressive for a late round pick. He's explosive with good vision and elusiveness. He's small but a little bigger than I thought he was.

I think Hughes, Lindley and Marsh are all better than Hansen. Trevard had a nice pass breakup last night. I doubt that any team would trade for Hansen but if we can get something, take it. CB is a obviously a major strength on this team but it's more than just the big 3, great depth and young talent there. I'm still not sold on Matthews, sure hope he can get the job done because it doesn't look like we're bringing anyone in, shoulda kept Bradley or even Gaither.

Vince Young played very well. Vick was so-so.

yeah, I tried but it was not working for me. I think that I need to let my account simmer for a while...

I haven't read the whole board, so this may repeat. But something unmentioned above--> I gotta think Jamal Jax now has a stranglehold on the week one starting center job. As good or bad as you want to grade Kelce (and he did ok physically, I thought), the mental aspect of making the calls and making sure the whole line is in sync with scheme-vs-rush is obviously lacking with Kelce, whereas it is PRIME with Jackson. And how could it not be? Kelce been practicing for a few weeks, JJax for years. No offense Kelce, I think you are going to develope and be that jeff saturday guy maybe yet, but for now that metal aspect/experience is too important with a rookie OG and a ? RT- JJax gotta start.

Kelce is one of the new players who were hurt badly by no OTAs or camps. If he had those available to him he might of been able to hold the starting position, but with the lack of it he just isn't mentally ready for the position. Watkins had no OTAs either and in my opinion having two rookies starting so close to Vicks blindside (and with a person who is really new to starting at RT in Dunlap) you really need that veteran in there to help keep that ride side in order. Vick took way to many hard hits in a preseason game, hits that he shouldn't be taking. I'm not riding out that Kelce isn't good, just give him some time to learn the system, get that leadership that is needed for the position, and to work on his skills a bit more.

And it will be taht way until Morningwig starts featuring the run. 1st play .7 yd run. Next PASS. sma ol same ol. and it wont change because that would be admitting that they are simply obsinately wrong. Exhibition or reeal fire...ESTABLISH THE RUN. its worked foe 100 yrs!!!!!

CERVICS>>I must admit I dont watch much after the starters, so I am asking are you being for real or sarcastic?? His stats seem good, but as I said I havent seen him much

It sounds like the Eagles are hell-bent on keeping Casey Matthews as a liability at MLB. He is just too weak at the point of attack. If the offense gets a hat on him, he becomes instant roadkill.