Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcnabbthe1

Eagle fans that dont live in PA. Question for you

I lived in Tampa for 10 years, went to visit my brother in Miami once, will never go back to that glossy fake city again, I don't recall old people galore in Tampa, I do recall them where I grew up (Venice), and for rednecks, they're outside of tampa for the most part, like Miami "swamp crackers"

So you've been to Miami a whopping ONE time and you've already got it figured out?

Hey, I'm not going to lie. There are a lot of problems down here in Miami. Crime, trash, lots of sl00ts running around (sometimes that's a good problem), lots of Spanish speaking (ugh). But it's a nice place for a single guy to live. Would I want to live here when I'm older with a family and kids? F no.

I've been to Tampa a few dozen times and I'd much rather live in Miami. With that being said though, West Palm is > than both.

I live here in tampa,fl. I have the NFL package with direct tv. The only games that came in were the local fox and cbs game. All the other games did not come on til the 3rd qtr here. Direct tv said they were having HD issues and the whole country was affected. All the games finally came on at 2:30 so i missed the whole first half. Same deal with any of you across the country?

I live in Prince George, Virginia and no problems at all. :smoke:

I was at a bar and half the games were not working due to DirecTV...luckily Eagles were not one of them (pretty much only the PHI/STL, BAL/PIT and CIN/CLE games worked)

That happened here in Va too. Only on the commercial accounts. Buffalo Wild Wings here only had 2 games on, Eagles game and Steelers game. All the other Sunday Ticket games didnt come in until about 2:30. BWW made several announcements saying it was a nationwide problem with commercial accounts of DTV.

I'm in Orlando and was present for that damn 62 yard field goal in '06. If you're in Tampa just go to the Bull Ring it's a die hard Eagles bar

Live in Los Angeles CA and had no problems watching the FOX broadcast on Directv. Sorry to hear about your problem but at least you can get a refund for the weekend.

I live in LA...had the same problem but called direct tv before kick-off and they straightened it out. I think it was a way for them to make sure no one pirated the package.

All about money ain't a #%*^ bit funny-

I live in the area so didn't tune it to the ST until the late games. I did have an issue of not being able to navigate audio on the game mix channel. Game mix is my favorite channel and I like how they made it a 4 way split screen for the late games unlike past years when they show idle channels from the early game even though there are other games on. Just hope they get that game mix navigation fixed on my end.

Bilmar station on Dale Mabry?

I lived in Tampa for 10 years, went to visit my brother in Miami once, will never go back to that glossy fake city again, I don't recall old people galore in Tampa, I do recall them where I grew up (Venice), and for rednecks, they're outside of tampa for the most part, like Miami "swamp crackers"

This "old people" will be moving a bit north of Tampa, if my house ever sells!!!

Direct TV HD feed was broken last weekend for many users. It did depend on your receiver, but I was broken as well. The feed would freeze after a few seconds and I would have to reboot the box only to see the same happen again. It turned out that if I hit "exit" over and over and over to prevent the interactive content "scoreboard" notice from showing up the box wouldn't freeze. I am a long term subscriber and had to pay full price for broken NFL Ticket last weekend- sucks.

I was at the "In The Zone Bar & Grill" on Gunn Hwy with about 75 Bird fans. We had the whole place to ourselves. Yes we had reception problems for about 10-15 minutes. All the TV's were freezing up. They finally got it straightned out just before the Rams TD run.

I live here in tampa,fl. I have the NFL package with direct tv. The only games that came in were the local fox and cbs game. All the other games did not come on til the 3rd qtr here. Direct tv said they were having HD issues and the whole country was affected. All the games finally came on at 2:30 so i missed the whole first half. Same deal with any of you across the country?

YES;I missed the whole first half, I was getting audio, but picture was frozen, they told me it was the H2/200 receivers, That were the problem,my reception on all channels were froze up, except audio, it came back on when the half time commercials came on, LOL

When ever I have a problem with watching games I just hook my Laptop to the TV & stream the game live. It looks just like TV except ur seeing it in a PC window. You can also expand it so it takes up the whole screen, but it may look bad if your processor isn't fast enough.