Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Searching For Answers At 1-2

Can someone explain to me how Juan Castillo still has a job after his defense gave up 9 passing TD's in 2 games with DRC, Samuel, and Nnamdi as his CB's. This guy is a complete waste of space on the sideline. I was at the game, and the crowd was completely disinterested in the defense halfway through the first half. PLEASE get us a real DC. And no, do not promote Howard Mudd!

I agree that Reid is a major problem. This team will be lucky to win 3 or 4 games. The NFL requires that your defense can tackle, The Eagles are pathetic in this area. The O-line is also awful. Three shots from inside the 1 yard line and they can not man up enough to get that 1 yard. This team lacks desire and character and that starts at the top and flows to each individual player. Today they got out hustled by a team that wanted to win more than they did. INEXCUSABLE1111

The other problem besides Juan Castillo........Vick and Nnamdi are laughing all the way to the bank. Our FO was fooled big time! Oh, and a 3rd problem....how in the hell did we manage to lose 4 straight at home dating back to last year. Pathetic.

Amen grabem....I haven't seen a team lack this much heart in a long, long time. Even when the Lions went 0-16 they had more heart than this team. The defense basically runs away screaming when a RB is coming after them. How can you play D in the NFL when you are terrified to hit?

Firing Reid is not going to solve the problem. Andy Reid is a great coach that made a bonehead move by promoting Castillo to be the DC. I believe there's a defensive coach out there salivating at the chance to coach the talent we have on 'D'. We need to find that guy and let him take over.

>>Bray: Eagles defense is statistically worst with Castillo than McDermott? Believe me I share your frustration with D that can stop giving up big plays and was intended to make its own big plays. Eagles from LBs to DBs are not doing the small things right: being in position and making tackles. DL appears to be an improvement but isn't generating the takeaways that we were led to expect. Reid fooled with McDermott for two seasons while the "kid" learned the roes of being a DC. What makes you think he'll demote Castillo--or even hire a "mentor" to coach Castillo behind the scenes...much less fire him? Castillo's D schemes made Manning look credible at QB...he was supposed to be easy pickin's...

All of a sudden, the dream season has turned in to a nightmare. We have to win the next 3 games before the bye to salvage the season. Defense right now is being man-handled. Unfortunately, we are just not a good team at the moment

Fire andy reid,,, you people are silly. The eagles aren't playing good football, they haven't all season, to include the preseason. Cruz has made big plays every time he's been on the field and made big ones today. Deffensivly at some point the front office is going to realise that they need linebackers. The middle of the defense is a joke. But to say that this team is only going to win 3 games is just silly. You can't scream for castillos job because he has players in the right spots, they just aren't making plays. To quote bri (who I like) perk up!

Firing Reid may not be the answer to all the problems but I for 1 am tired of watching undisciplined teams lose to inferior talent. Reid should go to the front office cuz what he does best is evaluate talent. He does not do well at getting the most out of that talent. I also agree that a new D coordinator is needed. Too much talent on that side of the ball to play this poorly. Need to start by going back to basic, re-teach how to tackle.

>>grabem: am actually encouraged that MM called run plays this game. Red Zone anemia plagued the team last season,too...Can't score a TD from the 2 yard line says something about rehearsal as much as anything. Can't make a 4th and a 1 conversion says something,too. Teams that traditionally pound the ball with success have HUMONGOUS TE's with soft hands just for such situations. Celek are Harbor aren't short yardage road graders. Gotta have the right personnel to grade some road...

I still haven't seen enough of Castillo to judge his impression on the D. I did see however page needs to fix his angles, Coleman needs to be more aware same with Mathews i was actually wary on the Decision to move him to the weak side. If anything I would sit him on the bench like they did with Watkins. He needs more experience. Little errors is what is killing the defense. We almost always tackle them short and almost always beat the receivers..but we Don't. Andy Reid is not the problem here..

fieldsr69....i would fire any defensive coordinator who let up 9 passing TD's in 2 games with the talent the Eagles do at CB. The guy is in WAY over his head. He's useless and should easily be unemployed. I guarantee you if he got fired not one team would hire him for any position. He's worthless.

I find the games a lot easier to deal with when you consume alcohol. 1-2 no problem! All kidding aside, I find it amazing that everyone in the football world knows what our weaknesses are, and the teams go at those known weaknesses and we have no answer for it. I feel like I'm in bizzaro world....okay I'm off to Reggies for 2 salads

bray those are harsh words. I mean Castillo has great energy and is very Involved with his players i honestly feel if they had a full off-season and training camp we would be praising Castillo and our defense and most likely be going out 3-0 right now.

I don't think 50 training camps would make Castillo good. If OL coaches made D Coordinators, it would have happened well before Reid did it.

All around poor performance from the get go. Defense over aggressive when they need not be (ie blitz on 3 and long that results in easy screen TD for Bradshaw), poor play calling on offense ( goal line ENOUGH SAID) and CAN SOMEONE LEARN TO TACKLE???

As for QB situation... Don't get me started. Can Vic even play 1/3 of a season? Kafka, WHO? And then head case Young...I'd fire front office just for that signing alone. 8 and 8 would be a great year for this CREAM TEAM. Have yet to see a dream team in three outings, well I take that back. Any teaming facing this one would think they are dreaming as easy as it is to make them look silly.

The talent is getting beat and burned all over the field. Nnamdi, drc (and asanti) have yet to shut any one down. That's not the coordinators fault. That's players getting beat in their matchups. ... what's really frustrating is that every ware that the eagles are struggeling shouldn't come as a surprise. They placed no value on the linebacker position and its absolutely killing the defense. The safetys (minus page) are all young and learning. Same with the lbs but there just isn't enough talent there. And vick is being vick. He's either magical or pedestrian. He's been that way his entire career, when he struggles no one should be surprised. Personaly I loved the 4th and 1 call.

@Everyday_Eagle It is fools like you that are content with Reid's performance why we will never get a ring. Lurie loves him because people like you are satisfied and keep his pockets lined

Basically what I am saying is we have had a slow start.. like always statistically.. O-line looked great Todd looks amazing on that right side. D line has great rushing ability. They racked up 10 sacks now? If the tackles get executed on contact and the receivers get covered tightly this defense is wicked scary and i think they will paint that picture next week.