Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Searching For Answers At 1-2

zigman ask yourself if you are a true Eagles fan and watch some history on the team and see what Reid has turned around and then get back at me.

He gets u 10-6 or 11-5 then nothing.

You are right, history doesn't lie.

Grabem... reid gets more out of his players then almost any head coach. The problem is execution. On defense the eagles are simply too weak in the middle of the field (lbs, safetys) and the corners have done nothing to give teams a reason not to throw at them.

As for being a true eagle fan. I am and have been long before you were a twinkle in your dad's eye. I always will be. Just time for a change. OFFICE, Staff and Players.

wow, so you aren't an Eagles fan. I suspect you are a troll? Look man, You need to re-evaluate your prediction. We are playing the 49'ers most likely with Vince as QB. which is not great but not bad either. We have a win hungry team now. We are in a situation like the Giants were in coming into this game. Heart and effort will pull in a w next week. I don't see a 1-6 Eagles team in the future.

I love how you also predict my age and history of being an Eagles fan. You know nothing of me. Please stop with your ludicrous hate speech vs the Eagles Staff.

The only good thing (besides shady) about today is that it is only week three. Concerning Juan Castillo, is Marty Shottenheimer available?

Both the loss to Atlanta and the Giants are the type of games and situations that "elite teams" preserver and overcome. Recently, Atlanta and NYG gave the Eagles a gut check which the Eagles failed. No one is saying Eagles don't have the talent to compete--and WIN. The evidence so far is that the coaching and management of the players is lacking. Defense has demonstrated that it cannot play with it's back to the wall--it craters. Offense has demonstrated that it can't execute a "kill" in the red zone for love or money. The whole team is involved in the big picture--when it's the details that matter most: missed blocks, missed assignments, missed tackles and dropped balls. Team is way ahead of itself...thinking about glory to come--not the here and now. Re-focus. Thats AR's job. Win games with back-ups now that some starters are nicked.

Folks the REAL ISSUE is Vick-fumble snaps EVERY GAME, trying to run through traffic and getting stripped,taking on 300 pound Defensive Tackles after INTS and continuous mis-reads(2nd and Goal play action AFTER 8 STRAIGHT MCCOY RUNS TO SET THE GIANT's DEFENSE UP for an easy flat pass to the fullback, Vick opts to throw it to Avant inside for a negative gain. Vick is UNABLE to run the west coast and has effectively eliminated Jackson and Celek from our offense. Throwing to Celek 3 yards in front of him with a linebacker standing right next to Celek in a 2 minute drive. The guy can't see a t all.Middle of the field throw straight into a linebacker that never moved.These weapons are wasting their careers because the QB is holding the team back. 6 year 100 million dollar mistake. For those of us fans looking for excitement-enjoy the wildness and frantic streetball. For the Eagles fans that want Super Bowls-pray a real quarterback comes in and takes over.

By no means am I happy or excited about this performance or any other so far this season, however a little red zone performance would make a huge difference for this offense. It's a different game if we score a touchdown on one of three tries from two yard line. Then most of you would be talking about having a winning record and heading into bye week with one loss.

I don't hate anyone. Just tired of same performance. With the talent we have had for last 10 years, 1 SB appearance as a loss just not acceptable to me. C'MON MAN!

It is a possible scenario but HIGHLY unlikely. I'm done arguing here. You are missing the point. This is going off topic and turning into a heated debate. Go EAGLES!

I agree. GO EAGLES! I have the will but I don't think my cheering them on will help. Sad day, sad week to come and the worse hasn't arrived. But I do believe I BElieve I BELIEVE VICTORY VICTORY GO EAGLES!!!!!!

I don't see how Vick fumbling is the problem i felt he took great care of the ball tonight. He let a snap slip but he picked up 5 yards a defender not even close to getting that one.. the second one was a great strip and fortunately landed back into Eagles hands. The pick offs were from receivers failing to bring it in. C'mon fans go buy a drink shake it off. I understand the frustration but we always start slow and end up with a great record. I understand its repetitive and annoying. Very frustrating. I know but we gonna get this back lets be optimistic.

Don't fire Reid, just put him in the front office evaluating talent. Get a mean spirited coach to push talent forward and talent that doesn't read their own press.

Yeah zigman.. we got this bro. Just in a funk is all. I see us slaughtering the 'boys though! I think the skins might be a bit tough for our offense but i think the Def will make Grossmen think about retiring after cole and babin get to him.

I take back what I said on Friday about believing in the coaches... SO MANY mistakes by this entire team today.

1) 1st and goal from inside the 5 and you can't put 6 on the board? This is on the play caller. Remember when the O would line up with split backs and do that little shuffle pass? A fullback dive doesn't get you in then you try two straight qb sneaks? Very predictable. Again, terrible play calling.

2) 4th and 1, with a lead on the Giants 45. PUNT THE DAMN BALL, pin the Giants back deep, and make them go the length of the field. Instead, you don't get the conversion, the momentum totally shifts, you put the crap defense in a position where they have to defend about a 52 yard field and the Giants make light work of it.

3) We all knew the linebackers were not that good, but our safeties aren't good either. Someone make a freaking tackle! Hell, if the front four doesn't make a play, no one else will. I was going to try and not name any one individual, but I'm tired of watching Casey Matthews get blown up and pushed around and being out of position out there. None of our linebackers are of starter quality for most D's in this league, (maybe Fokou) but Matthews plain sucks!!!

4) Shady is the man.. To bad no one else is playing like he is.

5) Receivers - If a ball hits your hands, CATCH IT! This is what you get paid to do.

We could go on and on. Bottom line, like most have said, this team is not playing well. To many mistakes, turnovers and penalties.

well Reid has a special connection with his players he plays it mentally. I tell ya right now he was mean spirited in that locker room. But more-so he puts faith into the players and plays the disappointing card. Like a lil girl sry for using such a lame metaphor...but he is like a lil' girl telling the superhero "You let them get away and steal my teddy bear." sob sob. It works though...

Yeah idk i just see them eating up romo picks and sacks.. and the def not having an answer if vick plays. Lets just hope we tourch the 'skins like the last meet up.

>>Gerrjo: FYI Marty Schottenheimer is gainfully employed as HC of a UFL franchise team: Virginia Destroyers.