Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Searching For Answers At 1-2

acam, I'm not sure you watched the game but Eli did beat us. Our run d was a little better than average. It was our passing D that gave up all the touchdowns and big plays.

We let a fat slow RB...beat us down the sideline for a TD. 3D remembers...JOE must go...now it is 'Mano' must go.

I agree Casey Matthews has stunk it up, but the kid tries harder than almost anyone on defense. At least he's going 110%. I'd love to take his heart and put it in Nate Allen, Asante Samuel, or just about anyone else on defense. Maybe the kid's hustle and enthusiasm will rub off on some of the other underachievers on D.

3D didn't think it was possible to see anybody other than AS softer on a tackle, but ASO got the award today...mercy.

The ONLY bright spot on this defense is the sacks that we are generating. But is that worth the gamble if we can't stop the run as a result? And what about blitzing more because we now have the cornerbacks to handle it? In fact, not that we have the cornerbacks...do we even need the Wide 9?

This wide 9 will NEVER work over the long run. We can't get off the field. Terrible tackling...and MFU is a DOPE.

Well...I bet we shuffle the LB's around again. YO...AR...maybe they just are not good enough. Did U ever think of that?

>>Gerrjo: FYI Marty Schottenheimer is gainfully employed as HC of a UFL franchise team: Virginia Destroyers.

YO...Woody...U had to love it when we went with an extra OL...at the GL...but AR gave it to a slow dumb FB. Twice...YO...AR...run left with Shady.

why do we not run any bootlegs down by the goal line? you are paying a man 100 million because of his athleticism, why not let him use it?

Back Street Boy...these are the things...that keep 3D up at night and with grey hair.

the "D"and the coaching staff are making it harder for me to spotlight what a complete and totally average QB Vick is. The guy sucks. It's comical watching his small mind try to figure out anything. The fact that we paid him what we did is where the joke comes full circle and yet some people still make excuses for why he doesn't suck. Amazing! He just doesn't have a clue about playing this position even when he runs he's fundamentally crappy. He turns the ball over every game. When you combine that with a coaching staff that ensures we have no identity, you get what we have - a finesse BS team with no balls. Except Shady, even our other good players look weak now.

I wonder who the one person was that voted for Asante Samuel in the poll question above! I can't believe they'd even consider giving a game ball out for that game!

@Fyer well its kind of tough to sit in the pocket and find an option to go to when your getting planted in the ground every play. OL really needs to pick it up or Vick, Young, Kafka, Farve, or any other qb we play is gonna get hurt. Not Vicks fault hes playing amazing football along with all our other plethora of skill players, but the pass defense is just sub par. Im sorry but it can be denied no longer, AR has spent years drafting lineman after lineman, and this is what he has to show for it. A qb with about 150 hits after week 3 and a 1-2 record.

the "D"and the coaching staff are making it harder for me to spotlight what a complete and totally average QB Vick is. The guy sucks. It's comical watching his small mind try to figure out anything. The fact that we paid him what we did is where the joke comes full circle and yet some people still make excuses for why he doesn't suck. Amazing! He just doesn't have a clue about playing this position even when he runs he's fundamentally crappy. He turns the ball over every game. When you combine that with a coaching staff that ensures we have no identity, you get what we have - a finesse BS team with no balls. Except Shady, even our other good players look weak now.

Well said...MV is a fundamental nightmare at the QB position. Even when we kicked the FG at the end of the first half...they had to throw him off the field. He had no clue....dumber than a box of rocks.

Eagles when r u gonna realize that you need at least one good linebacker to stabilize your defence especially with your wide nine techniques, as long you use pedestrian talents at that position this technique it's not going to work in here. You don't have anybody to filter anything that front four leave out and it's made your db look bad especially with no help from linebackers and safeties especially your supremely vulnerable linebackers. What happen if you facing teams like cowboys with wittens, gb with finley or patriots with their super tight end sets, r u just wishy washy some miracle happens? Rival teams is gonna attack your linebackers all day long and with that talents at safeties right now your cb are going to do triple job. Please just get ONE at least just ONE good linebacker

i love whenever we lose a game at how many people come in here voicing their opinions on "Fire this person or Fire that person". Losing is part of growing pains and where it is nice to win them all you can learn way more from a loss. we have lost 2 games, the season isn't over and there is no way you can predict the outcome of the next 13 games. I could point out all the things that need changing but the Eagles coaching staff will have the tape to show them what is needed. Crying and moaning on here wont change the outcome of the last game so all in all back in your corners you upset belittle fans who don't even truly knows whats go on in the game period and just watch the games once a week.

I wonder who the one person was that voted for Asante Samuel in the poll question above! I can't believe they'd even consider giving a game ball out for that game!

His mother.

This team is not going to win with Mike Vick at QB. Vick is a great athlete who doesn't read the blitz well and consistently misses short gains that would keep the chains moving because he always is looking for the big play. He doesn't protect the ball in the open field and is susceptible to taking big hits and fumbling the football. As for play calling, it would be nice to see the line up 2TE's and a FB in the traditional eye formation and give the ball to Shady with the FB as the lead blocker in short yardage situations. On defense Jarrad Page, Fokou, Coleman and Matthews are the weak points.

i love whenever we lose a game at how many people come in here voicing their opinions on "Fire this person or Fire that person". Losing is part of growing pains and where it is nice to win them all you can learn way more from a loss. we have lost 2 games, the season isn't over and there is no way you can predict the outcome of the next 13 games. I could point out all the things that need changing but the Eagles coaching staff will have the tape to show them what is needed. Crying and moaning on here wont change the outcome of the last game so all in all back in your corners you upset belittle fans who don't even truly knows whats go on in the game period and just watch the games once a week.

CCL...3D has seen this movie...over and over. You talk growing pains...losing is NOT part of growing...when you continue to lose like we did today. Sorry, U must admit it...we got problems.

This team is not going to win with Mike Vick at QB. Vick is a great athlete who doesn't read the blitz well and consistently misses short gains that would keep the chains moving because he always is looking for the big play. He doesn't protect the ball in the open field and is susceptible to taking big hits and fumbling the football. As for play calling, it would be nice to see the line up 2TE's and a FB in the traditional eye formation and give the ball to Shady with the FB as the lead blocker in short yardage situations. On defense Jarrad Page, Fokou, Coleman and Matthews are the weak points.

MV is a DOPE...plain and simple.

@Dave1974 VIck does have a ball protection problem, but that is just because he is usually dodging 2 or 3 defenders trying to make a play. He does read the blitz terribly, but even so he is still a great qb with a great arm and great accuracy. Im no Vick lover, but I gotta call them how I see them, like I said the pass blocking is just shameful. Maybe instead of 3 pro bowl wrs and cbs each we should have picked up another OL or lb. But hey it is what it is hopefully someone on our o-line and lb crew(outside of Matthews who is all heart, just too young to be on the field) mans up.

OMG the band-wagoners are out in full force... Tough frustrating loss today, but building chemistry and communications with all the new player and coaching acquisitions is still the goal... After only the third game of the season... Soo many panicking... Y'all gotta believe and mean it... I just hope my team don't act like some of these fair weather sounding fans here today... Some concerns... Clearly I am missing something... Where is DJax why has he been invisible? ... One of the most DYNAMIC talents in the league?... This is the second week in a row that Babin has jumped off side and instead of fourth down... It has resulted in a new set of downs, this week it resulted in a TD... Poor discipline and communication ... We have the talent in the players and coaching... Why hasn't it translated with this veteran mix of players and coaching... I trust that Andy will figure it out... The little football things need to be sorted out. Lets go Eagles.

new faces. same story. Can't score in red zone, bad tackling, quarterback getting beat up on a consistant basis and can't get a yard when you need it. What gave AR any indication during this game that he would be able to convert a 4th and 1 call. If we go back to the message archives for the past 5 years you will see the same issues.

On offense the playcalling for this game was questionable. This team has playmakers, if a team is going to not allow the WR's to get behind the secondary then throw the ball short to them and make the secondary come up and make a tackle in the open field, I believe it is very difficult to tackle Djax in space, after all he is the most explosive player in the game. I don't believe that Djax, Jmac or Celek is utilized to their full capabilities. I think Jason Avant is too easy to match up against he is not good against top DB's and he is slow, lacks quickness or suddenness and is overrated by our front office. I hope that Steve Smith gets on the field over Avant he is a far superior talent which he has proven in his time in the NFL.