Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Searching For Answers At 1-2

Most people forget that the Eagles almost always perform poorly in the month of September. I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but if things are not right in October I will def hit the panic button! The only serious downside I see to this team, is Juan Castillo's defensive scheme. Should have never got rid of Sean, but hey im not the one in charge, so i cannot judge.

Guest frenchladyfan

Mr Shackleford,

Since Ham has not been here to help you out, I have come up with a solution for you. So simple, I am suprised you did not think of it!!!! Cut those sandwitches up into bite sized pieces, and serve them on a tray. That way you can stretch the amount of bread you have. When they are all gone, you have fulfilled what you said. See, every problem has a solution, you just have to look for it. The Eagles problems are the same. And you will see soon, that the coaches are smart enough to look for them. I do expect lineup changes and different play this week. Bet everybody gets to tackle a lot in practice this week. And we will see if this years Eagles have some heart.

ha ! best post of the whole thread. and i mean it. only, slight 'soft pedal', i have one question. why, if the eagles are so smart, haven't they identified the problems before, as they are recurring ones.

carry on ! :)

tc, agree with that! Eagles get stronger through the latter part of the season. Injuries are the wild card here. No panic, but 0-2 in the NFC and 0-1 in division is rough. Vicks injuries and the way the league allows hits on mobile QBs is NOT CONSISTENT at all!!!

100million dollar quarterback-can't stay upright for 1 game

billion dollar defensive backfield- can't cover giants backup receiving corp

best defensive line play in ages(wide 9)- rookie lb's can't hit their gaps

best ground attack in reid era yet - we're in a passing league

best wide receiving corp in nfc- djax still making minimum wage,maclin has hammy strain, steve smith can't figure out his old defense

hey but who's worried?

French Lady,

You are right, problems are recurring. But you have to admit, Eagles have been pretty good over the years about recognizing their weaknesses, and tweaking the roster till later in the year and fixing that problem. Where they have been bad, has been adjusting within a specific game. And that adjustment is not always possible. I also,think the play of the young guys such as Colemen,Fokou, etc, down the stretch last year made them think the addition of Matthews, Rolle, and Jarrett would be enough. Clearly that has not been the case. So it is time to adjust. Lets see what they do before we throw out all these babies with the bath water. Thats right I called them babies. They played like it yesterday. Babies will grow up. Unless we kill them first.

maybe lurie should sell the team to bon jovi... the soul won an arena bowl championship under his excellent ownership!! coleman need not play another down, nor does page. allen and jarrett next week starting safeties! vernon davis for 49ers will kill us if we dont slow him down early.. agree with rsfan, best screen game in the league and we run it once a game. and as the nfl is indeed a passing league, becomng a running team will be a surprise! until opposing teams figure us out midgame, then we're screwed... cause we all know how great our coaches are at adjusting in game!

WR's injuries again herd that R.Moss want 2 come out ot ret. and play hope tha eagles sign him we need him. What tha eagles need 2 do is sign that ford guy he's a free agent played 4 tennesee under wash. has good size 4 a de 6'4" 257 i have not seen hunt do anything AR need 2 start puttting him n tha game. Pretty soon B.Graham will b back tha def. will b alittle better.

They are the lauging stock of the NFL! The Bills Beat the PAst and are on their way to being 4 - 0 nexy week while we look like a bunch of idiots who dont know how to play or coach any position!

>>Dutchrubb: checking CSNPhilly, I saw a report that asserts that Giants OC ( Gilbride) used the same play to Jacobs BEFORE AGAINST THE EAGLES. Last year, same play used against Sims with great effect. Interesting that when asked if he'd ever seen film on it, Casey Matthews replied NO. This leaves me wondering what kind of prep the LBs had? Woulda thought a play that burned Sims would be shown--right?

FAMOUS ANDY REID LOSING EFFORT POST-GAME QUOTES:

1. i accept full responsibilty for this losing effort.

2. i have to make sure we do a better job next week.

3. my gameplan didn't work out.

4. my congratulations to _____________ (fill in the blank) for a nice job out there.

5. we have to get better than this to win next week.

6. perhaps i should have considered trying that.

7. we'll evaluate all that this coming week and hopefully it won't happen again.

and on and on and on and on and on and on.

HERE'S A SIMPLE SOLUTION LIST TO SAVE THE FREE-FALLING EAGLES: below is list of new head coach candidates/available individuals. please pick one. thank you for your support.

1. Gruden

2. Cowher

3. Parcells

4. Gibbs

5. Dungy

6. Richie Kotite

7. Rob McEllhenny(star of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia)

Complain all you want about Andy, he's the best coach we've had in a long time. You must have forgot about Kotite and Rhodes eras. We are so lucky to have depth and talent on this team that we haven't had in a long time. It would be nice to revamp your entire team and not miss a beat but let's get real. We are going to get better. The talent is there and it's just a matter of tweaking the power peices until it's right. I have faith in our team and any real Eagles fan would as well.