Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LA_Eagle_Fan

What is it about Miami?

Eagle fans travel well. That's a known fact. Their presence is felt in almost every stadium the Eagles play in when the team is on the road. However, there's something about Miami...seemingly something more. When the team last played there (in 2003), about half the stadium was filled with Eagle fans. Today, it felt the same.

Fan presence isn't at this level in any other stadium not named Lincoln Financial Field. So what is it about Miami that pulls Eagle fans in?

There's an insane amount of Pennsylvania people here. It seems like almost everywhere I go I meet someone that used to live in PA.

There's an insane amount of Pennsylvania people here. It seems like almost everywhere I go I meet someone that used to live in PA.

Agreed. South Florida Eagle fan here.. lots of transplants

lol if you think those were Eagles fans chanting that you are insane.That was Miami fans chanting go eagles. Theyve just about had it with their coach just like we have.

lol if you think those were Eagles fans chanting that you are insane.That was Miami fans chanting go eagles. Theyve just about had it with their coach just like we have.

That's comedy.

I was there and didn't see any Dolphins fans cheering for the Eagles :wacko:

because first most florida teams suck and second a lot of people move there from other parts of the country and they keep thier allegiances to thier true home team.

lol I remember watching on TV that Washington game last year when djax scored on the opening play and the stadium was Fing loud (could even hear through the TV) and half the stadium looked green.

Parrot Lounge

FTW!

I grew up @ the shore and many people work there for the summer and winter in FL. My family just bought a 2nd FL home here. My father has had a place here for 25 yrs.

I have been working here in Fort Lauderadale for a while and the Parrot is filled with Philly area people.

The stadium was 50% Birds fans. You could clearly hear the Eagles cheer throughout the game. Eagle_smiley.jpg:whistle:

because first most florida teams suck and second a lot of people move there from other parts of the country and they keep thier allegiances to thier true home team.

Pretty much. I moved to South Florida from Philly. There's quite a few bars here that are straight Philadelphia sports. Parrots probably the best, but there's this smaller bar closer to my house, CJ's which is pretty good too.

I was there and I'd say a lot of it has to do with all the people who've moved to Florida from Philly and their desire to maintain the Eagles as their connection to home. Driving from Ft Myers it was almost all Eagles fans. Also I noticed a lot of organized trips from Philly there. Ticket prices dropped dramatically as gametime approached(I'll remember that for next time{2014?}-they were going as low as $20) and even the '700 level' offed a good game view. I never partied so hard nor ate as much in my life. We had a blast.

the weather stupid!! games in december in miami, 76 degree weather, beach, and everything that goes with it... :rolleyes:

Please take IQ test,, and let us know if it is above 9... :roll::whistle:

That's comedy.

The Eagles fans in my section was all from Philly that flew in for game. I even meet Eagles fans from Atlanta, CA, and one family from England that came over from the game. Off this board Eagles nation is alive and well. On this board every 15 year old Eagles fan dwells. The fans were into it and was loving their Eagles. Also I asked at least 20 dolphin fans if they were ready for new coach all but one said that they loved their coach they just want a qb. Also none of them seemed to mind that their stadium had gotten taken over.

BTW For those who were their the dolphin Fight song might be the gayest I have ever heard.

the weather stupid!! games in december in miami, 76 degree weather, beach, and everything that goes with it... :rolleyes:

Please take IQ test,, and let us know if it is above 9... :roll::whistle:

Seriously. how do you even make this thread?

Warm weather, hot women and Eagles football. (not to mention cheap airfare)

Seems pretty obvious to me.

BTW For those who were their the dolphin Fight song might be the gayest I have ever heard.

Truer words were never spoken. I'll never forget the guy that kept yelling 'Dolphins are gay sharks'.

(No offense to 'gay people'. 'Being gay' and 'playing like you're gay' are 2 totally different things. )

I was there in 2003. Fun time

Easy answer. It's warm so it's a nice trip to get out of the cold and a lot of East coasters have migrated to south florida to live as well