DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

There appears to be an error with the database again... :thumbsdown:

Did you get it after doing my suggested search or just at a general time?

Did you get it after doing my suggested search or just at a general time?

No I got it before. Immediately after I posted that I tried what you suggested. It gave me a message that looked like the search function was disabled. Then I tried coming back in here to tell you that, but I kept getting database errors and couldnt. :nonono:

Just got a SQL arror.

Then went to edit the post, and it says NO_SUCH_POST.

So I refresh the page, and my post completely disappears. This happens often too and I havent seen it mentioned.

Sometimes edit works. But it often does this annoying thing as well.

And now of course after refreshing 10 times, then trying to go out to the Ask Dave forum, and coming back in to the thread and my post still missing I type this new one only to find that the original showed back up on top of it. Screwey.

Edited by HazletonEagle

No I got it before. Immediately after I posted that I tried what you suggested. It gave me a message that looked like the search function was disabled. Then I tried coming back in here to tell you that, but I kept getting database errors and couldnt. :nonono:

That's exactly what happens to me.

Dave, you try it. Go to "Around The NFL" and in the search box type McNabb and do a search and see what happens for you.

Just got a SQL arror.

Then went to edit the post, and it says NO_SUCH_POST.

So I refresh the page, and my post completely disappears. This happens often too and I havent seen it mentioned.

Sometimes edit works. But it often does this annoying thing as well.

And now of course after refreshing 10 times, then trying to go out to the Ask Dave forum, and coming back in to the thread and my post still missing I type this new one only to find that the original showed back up on top of it. Screwey.

You know, I do see some nice features but the frustrations with this "upgrade" can tend to make it not worth it. I just had the "NO_SUCH_POST" thing on a post I was trying to edit. Why was I trying to edit the post? The stupid boards posting interface decided, without any interaction from me, that it was time to submit my post. Never mind the fact that I was in the middle of typing.

So, it posted the incomplete post for me. I see it posted and click the Edit link and get the "NO_SUCH_POST".

I also got the SQL error 7 or 8 times yesterday.

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm none too pleased with the problems you are having. Addressing with Invision ... Give me a couple of days

I appreciate the feedback, and I'm none too pleased with the problems you are having. Addressing with Invision ... Give me a couple of days

Thanks Dave. And based on many of the early responses, it sounds like Im one of the lucky ones who had fewer issues with the transition. Thats the scary part.

I also have to mention on a positive note, I spent the weekend at my parents house. A few weeks ago after the change, on their computer I noticed the overlapping Eagle logos on the forum index page that a few people have talked about while using my parents computer; however this weekend it appeared as it should. I wonder if thats been fixed or everyone.

As annoying as some of the issues can be, I can live with them... if we get back the ability to see which posts we've already posted in.

just got the NO_SUCH_POST thing again.

I can live with the editing problem. My biggest complaint had been not being able to see which thread weve posted in, but I have to say the frequent crashes between database errors and SQL errors is wearing on my nerves, and I notice its wearing on a lot of people around here as well.

A few weeks ago after the change, on their computer I noticed the overlapping Eagle logos on the forum index page...

Is this what you're talking about?

Board.jpg

Is this what you're talking about?

yep. It used to be like that on my parents computer, but this weekend it wasnt anymore.

Just got a database error a little while ago...

Dave, when some people post from mobile they get the text "(null)" including the parentheses added to the end of their posts automatically (I know that DynamicDuo has this happen to him all the time in WU). This is incredibly annoying.

just got Driver Error: there appears to be a problem with the database.

I get that multiple times, every day. Usually only for a minute or so, but today I wasn't able to connect at all for about 5 minutes. It might have been longer than 5 but I gave up and left the computer to do other things.

What kind of problem specifically?

My reply won't show up after I refresh the page. It's working fine now, but it was giving me problems earlier.

just got he Driver Error: There appears to be a problem with the database.

This came after trying to vote in a poll