DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

The guys looking for help moron. Instead of the stupid reply why not offer some assistance. If not, then don't say anything.

Well, he could search! He could PM a mod! Not ask Dave. Dave has more important things to worry about then to fix this guy's avatar.

just got another Driver Error- There appears to be a problem with the database.

I've gotten it 4 times in the past 3 hours.

just enjoyed about 15-20 minutes of Driver Error- There appears the be a problem with the database. I also had two Service Unavailable message mixed in there.

Yeah... pinning a thread like this is a nice idea and all, but not nearly as effective as flooding the boards with our displeasure, one thread at a time.

Just got a database error... These boards are AWESOME, Dave.

Which one? I've gotten at least four different error messages. Maybe five.

I haven't been on much today but so far, no database errors... so far...

I havent been on since this morning. Maybe when it was down for 15-20 minutes this morning they were fixing stuff.

Had another Driver Error problem with the database message this morning. Its becoming part of the morning routine.

Also noticed when I was catching up on posts in the Eagles blog from last night, 2 people complained about the boards acting up, and one just gave up and called it a night when he was not able to respond to multiple posts that he wanted to because of error messages.

I didn't have any problems yesterday (I wasn't on a lot though). Today, I try to log in and get this:

SQL Error

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Today, in the 20 to 30 minutes that I've spent accessing the board I've gotten a few SQL errors as noted above and a "site not available" error once. All of this was within the past 2 and a half hours (4:10 PM eastern till now).

They performed a maintenance sweep/check this a.m. Let me know if performance is any better in the hours ahead

I wasnt on a lot today, but I did get the errors this morning. Maybe they were caused by the maintenance.

I will certainly report any issues I have tonight and tomorrow morning, and I will let you know if it works smoothly as well.

gotta say, I got a chuckle out of this one

My favorite aspect of the new board has to be the cornucopia of error messages one can receive over the course of a day. They decided that they were going to need a lot to document every way that the board doesn't work.

the three lowest priorities of the philadelphia eagles

safeties

linebackers

a message board that works

still getting the same errors, database, server, etc. etc., missing posts, randomly dropped then reappearing, etc.

i'd like to get on to the detail issues like no indicator for threads posted in, no join date, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....................................

but alas we still aren't there yet with plain old functioning 5 or 6 weeks into this board

i don't like complaining, i've loved this FREE board for 10 years and i go way back to Eagles Digest 1990 but at some point one has to take stock, perhaps you should consider rolling back to an earlier version?

... perhaps you should consider rolling back to an earlier version?

Without the pre-update database, it would be very difficult to roll it back. If not impossible.

Without the pre-update database, it would be very difficult to roll it back. If not impossible.

Are you saying that it doesn't exist or just implying that it needs to exist for the roll back to be possible? In any case, I do understand the challenges of data conversion, I've done them before in large IT companies, some projects with 60 million customers in the DB and tons more data and complex data associations then one would find in this thing.

Are you saying that it doesn't exist or just implying that it needs to exist for the roll back to be possible? In any case, I do understand the challenges of data conversion, I've done them before in large IT companies, some projects with 60 million customers in the DB and tons more data and complex data associations then one would find in this thing.

Maybe an expert could roll it back but I've spoken with Invision in the past about reverting from one version to an older and they wouldn't even talk about touching that task. I'm no database expert, but the upgrade (or major upgrades) alter vast portions of the database. Just installing an older version of the board and pointing it at the upgraded database would result in a dead board that won't work at all.

In fact, most upgrades (in my experience with Invision) won't even work with the previous versions custom skins.

After typing the above portion of this post I popped in over at Invisions forum and there's people there (over the past year or so) that have wanted to roll back from upgrading and the answer from invision is always the same: "There is no downgrade path..."

Others say the same thing I have said, if you have a pre-upgrade backup of the board then you can restore to that backup and wipe out the upgrade. Otherwise, from everything I've been told over the past 10 years, it's a MAJOR task trying to 'fix' the database to go backwards to an older version. It's possible that PE.COM or Invision has a pre-upgrade backup of the EMB, but by now it's a month or two old and everything that's been posted since the upgrade would be lost. I'm afraid we're stuck with what we have.

I had to laugh though in reading the comments on Invisions board, people complaining with basically the same complaints we have here. People HATE the upgrades.

Please Dave, don't let them talk you into 'upgrading' anymore.

I'm sure it is a major headache to convert and I don't doubt for a minute that Invision has no downgrade plan. That would actually be counter productive for them.

It may simply be best just to go back. The data for the last 5 weeks would be lost but that is very likely acceptable for the majority of posters. I'm sure the EMB has a data and DB backup. They could then upgrade after all the BS problems were fixed.

The database issues, etc are being caused by the maintenance tests we are having to transition the functionality of the boards. Give me one more week, please

In 5 or 6 weeks there has been literally no improvement outside of the first 3 or 4 days, but we're supposed to expect that somehow, miraculously, within just 1 more week all of the functionality is going to be restored and the boards are going to be working perfectly?

Or are you saying that you're only going to keep trying to improve things for 1 more week before settling on "This is it, folks enjoy!" and at the point at which you stop trying to regain the functionality that we had pre-'upgrade' the error messages should stop?