DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

Guest frenchladyfan

I think the number of posts per page is an admin function. I will ask. What about Android access for you, French?

just dandy. peachy creamy. hunky dory. i'm quite pleased. now, on to the draft. then, the division, the conference, a superbowl and i'll be in heaven.

Guest frenchladyfan

so the warnings now appear in the form of 'points' and not percentages. not that it matters much to me. i wonder how many warning points it takes before one gets suspended.

The admin console shows it's active. We'll ask Invision about it.

I see them now. :thumbsup:

They appear on the right side of the forums page rather than on the very bottom like they used to be.

so the warnings now appear in the form of 'points' and not percentages. not that it matters much to me. i wonder how many warning points it takes before one gets suspended.

5 points for a 2-week suspension (the old 60%), 8 points for a 4-week suspension (the old 80%) and 10 points for a ban (the old 100%). Similar to driver license points, stronger warnings will mean more points, so masking the F word will be more points than bumping an old topic for no reason.

Please fix the issue about having the blog! That to me trumps all of the other issues we were having, and Id trade it for any of them or all of them again.

Thats really terrible. Im now back to being very disappointed. And actually more disappointed than ever. :meh:

What issue about having the blog? Please explain. What am I missing?

they want shorter threads and we will need to have monthly blogs. that just doesnt work. not good at all. really not good.

Invision says they need topics to be less than 25,000 posts to keep the system optimized, and they asked us to remove the blog topic because it's interfering with the archiving process and a few others.

I will ask Insivion. Anything else? Are you seeing indicators in threads where I have commented?

No, your picture shows up, but we can't click an icon to go to the first unread post like we can in every other thread. If that's the only issue with 3.3.1 then all is well and we can just deal with the issue. If it can be fixed, that would be ideal.

The little "Like This" thing is annoying, Invision is trying to make everything to be like Facebook I guess. It's annoying for no other reason than that though. So it's just me... lol

Invision says they need topics to be less than 25,000 posts to keep the system optimized, and they asked us to remove the blog topic because it's interfering with the archiving process and a few others.

Really? They aren't able to deal with large communities such as the EMB? That wasn't a problem with the older versions. What did they screw up to cause that problem?

I will ask Insivion. Anything else? Are you seeing indicators in threads where I have commented?

I like how the board will automatically append a new post to your most recent post if you try to post 2 or 3 times in a row.

In this post I have 3 different replies, I posted them separately but the board automatically put them into a single post. That's nice.

Any way to get Join Date and Member Number back under our names?

Guest frenchladyfan

No, your picture shows up, but we can't click an icon to go to the first unread post like we can in every other thread. If that's the only issue with 3.3.1 then all is well and we can just deal with the issue. If it can be fixed, that would be ideal.

The little "Like This" thing is annoying, Invision is trying to make everything to be like Facebook I guess. It's annoying for no other reason than that though. So it's just me... lol

Really? They aren't able to deal with large communities such as the EMB? That wasn't a problem with the older versions. What did they screw up to cause that problem?

I like how the board will automatically append a new post to your most recent post if you try to post 2 or 3 times in a row.

In this post I have 3 different replies, I posted them separately but the board automatically put them into a single post. That's nice.

i dislike that feature IMMENSELY. if i go through the trouble of writing several posts, i want them separate. if i want them together, i'll write them myself as a single post.

this is major GRRR.

No Still no indicators as far as new posts. Just your picture.

That is serious BS. Because they cant handle it we have to make significant changes to the best thread on the EMB. Its going to hurt the discussion in that thread big time.

Why is everything so give and take with invision? Theyre like we will fix this, but you lose this this and that. We will fix that, but then you lose this this and that.

I was really happy this morning, and now its gone downhill significantly with the blog issue, and now stacking all of these posts.

Where this post combining thing really becomes a pain is when you want to respond. You want to respond to 1 post, but you have to sift throught all of the other replies to find the part you are responding to and either delete the rest of the text or bold the stuff you want. So much for simply just clicking reply...

I guess its another way for invision to keep the post count down since they cant handle the activity on our site. But thats BS.

No Still no indicators as far as new posts. Just your picture.

That is serious BS. Because they cant handle it we have to make significant changes to the best thread on the EMB. Its going to hurt the discussion in that thread big time.

I don't remember how big game threads got (I wouldn't think they'd go over 25,000 posts) but it'll be interesting to see how the board deals with so many people online at one time and with so many people posting in the same thread at the same time.

Dave, one thing that it is REALLY annoying is having the name of the WWII German government filtered out. It's not profanity, it's an historical reference to a government. Why is it filtered out? I can understand why Vermeil's first name is filtered but the WWII German government?

Someone needs to review the filtered words list and adjust it to include only profanity.

Unfortunately there are people here that want to use it in a derogatory way, so we have to filter it.

The feature where back-to-back posts are combined is customizable. Right now, if you wait 5 minutes between posts, it won't combine them. We can also disable it completely.

The new "Like" feature is also customizable. We can set it back to the old +1/-1 if desired.

Ive got no problem with the like feature. It functions exactly the same as +1, so I dont care what the button looks like or says as long as its working the same.

I see one addition is that it shows who has liked the post, but I dont mind that at all. If I dont want my name associated with a post, I simply wont click like.

The combining post thing is annoying when replying to posts though. Maybe its a useful feature, but Id rather it be something like 30 seconds rather than 5 minutes.

Unfortunately there are people here that want to use it in a derogatory way, so we have to filter it.

The feature where back-to-back posts are combined is customizable. Right now, if you wait 5 minutes between posts, it won't combine them. We can also disable it completely.

The new "Like" feature is also customizable. We can set it back to the old +1/-1 if desired.

People here use almost everything in a derogatory way though, if I recall though the reason it was filtered was because people called a mod or two that name and they had their feelings hurt by it but come on, it's a historical reference. When trying to discuss things in an historical prespective it makes it really difficult to do when you get **** instead of the word you need to use and that word isn't a profanity.

Please consider altering that in the filter.

I like the 'back to back' post feature, as far as I'm concerned it can stay as it is.

I "liked" the +1 better than "Like", if it were up to me (which I know it isn't), I'd go back to the +1.

Here's a nit picky thing that I just noticed, but considering that the board has a themed skin it should probably be fixed to go with the teams (and the boards) colors...

Why the mauve background when it should be green? Whoever does the skinning for the board needs to adjust that.

red.jpg

We still have the pink...

Hey Dave, While at work today,I heard on the TEAM broadcast out of Myrtle Beach SC, on the Aaron Marks show, the interview with T.J. Graham out of NC State.It was stated that he ran a 10.21& 10.23 in the 100 since high school. His 40 yd time was mentioned at 4.19. Is this possible, and what other info can you find on this kid?

Hey Dave, While at work today,I heard on the TEAM broadcast out of Myrtle Beach SC, on the Aaron Marks show, the interview with T.J. Graham out of NC State.It was stated that he ran a 10.21& 10.23 in the 100 since high school. His 40 yd time was mentioned at 4.19. Is this possible, and what other info can you find on this kid?

:lol:

What the heck does any of this have to do with the changes of the boards?

anyway... Graham ran a 4.41 at the combine, and stood on that number opting not to run a 40 at his pro day.

40 times reported from high schools or colleges are never reliable. not just anyone can get an accurate 40 time with a stop watch, and its very common to hear of these incredible 40 times only to see a player come nowhere near that at the combine.

4.41 is still moving though.

Here's a nit picky thing that I just noticed, but considering that the board has a themed skin it should probably be fixed to go with the teams (and the boards) colors...

Why the mauve background when it should be green? Whoever does the skinning for the board needs to adjust that.

red.jpg

We still have the pink...

Guest frenchladyfan

if it were for me and the use i make of these boards, i'd disable it. if one wants to edit their post, they can do so without invision's mingling.

in subfora where there is a lot of quick banter, at times, such as OTI, it's highly annoying. we are perfectly able to create lengthy posts if we so wish, but if we want it short and snappy, that feature is a major pain in the derrière.

if it were for me and the use i make of these boards, i'd disable it. if one wants to edit their post, they can do so without invision's mingling.

in subfora where there is a lot of quick banter, at times, such as OTI, it's highly annoying. we are perfectly able to create lengthy posts if we so wish, but if we want it short and snappy, that feature is a major pain in the derrière.

You may be misunderstanding how that feature works.

I't sort of like an auto "MultiQuote" feature. If you reply to the a post, then find another one to reply to a few minutes later and nobody else has posted after your initial post, then when you reply to the second post it'll just be added to your other post.

I've seen threads where the same person posts 4 or 5 (or more) times in a row, rather than keeping it all in one post.

If someone posts after your post though, your new post would be a seperate post and wouldn't be added to your other post.

Guest frenchladyfan

You may be misunderstanding how that feature works.

I't sort of like an auto "MultiQuote" feature. If you reply to the a post, then find another one to reply to a few minutes later and nobody else has posted after your initial post, then when you reply to the second post it'll just be added to your other post.

I've seen threads where the same person posts 4 or 5 (or more) times in a row, rather than keeping it all in one post.

If someone posts after your post though, your new post would be a seperate post and wouldn't be added to your other post.

i have misunderstood nothing, thank you. i have experimented and i know full well how it works. not all replies contain quotes, particularly underneath OTI. if a person chooses to post separately, why would invision stick their nose in there and say 'your posts are less than such and such time apart, i decide you should have amalgamated them'.

i don't like it. i want to be master of how i post. period.