DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

How will the EMB ever survive the regular season if this is the kind of thing we can expect?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they'll just close the board down starting just before game time and open the board back up a day later. :lol:

This Community is Over Capacity

Sorry, this community is currently over its allotted capacity. Please wait a few minutes, then try reloading the page.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame, I was looking forward to spending the evening on the EMB talking about the draft. Then at about 9:30 the fit hit the shan and for the next hour and a half the EMB was worthless.

How will the EMB ever survive the regular season if this is the kind of thing we can expect?

Over_Cap.jpg

HAHA...great pic of the overloaded site.

HAHA...great pic of the overloaded site.

God help us if we wind up in New Orleans in February. The board would be down for the entire two weeks before the game and at least a week after.

gotta love "Invision Power" on their crashed site.

That's their name. Invision Power Services and the board is Invision Power Board.

That's their name. Invision Power Services and the board is Invision Power Board.

I know, but its funny to see the proud advertisement "Invision Power" while the servers are nowhere near powerful enough.

This is probably not a question that you could answer, maybe Dave can, but has the possibility of the Eagles hosting the site themselves ever been considered? It may save money and headaches.

The quote icon in the post window still doesn't work. I mentioned it way back when we still didn't have avatars (I can't search for that post because the search function won't let me use the search term "quote" for whatever reason).

But when you copy text from an article, highlight it and click the quote icon, it doesn't wrap the text in quotes. You have to manually write the quote tags out.

Also in Firefox if you click the smilies, the list at the bottom has an arrow to scroll through and see more but in Internet Explorer you can't. When you click "show all" in ie, it shows the list but doesn't have the pictures of the smilies, just the text so you can't find smilies easily.

I still don't understand how you "upgrade" but lose simple features that the previous version had. Losing features is not an upgrade.

The quote icon in the post window still doesn't work. I mentioned it way back when we still didn't have avatars (I can't search for that post because the search function won't let me use the search term "quote" for whatever reason).

But when you copy text from an article, highlight it and click the quote icon, it doesn't wrap the text in quotes. You have to manually write the quote tags out.

Also in Firefox if you click the smilies, the list at the bottom has an arrow to scroll through and see more but in Internet Explorer you can't. When you click "show all" in ie, it shows the list but doesn't have the pictures of the smilies, just the text so you can't find smilies easily.

I still don't understand how you "upgrade" but lose simple features that the previous version had. Losing features is not an upgrade.

I just tried the "quote" method that you described, I copied all of the text of your post, then pasted it into the post box and highlighted it all, then clicked the quote icon and it wrapped the text in the quote tags for me. Maybe there's an issue with the browser you're using? Have you tried a different browser?

Why was my default picture taken down?

It was probably lost in the upgrade or maybe it was too big (file size wise). I had a problem with mine too but finally got it down to an accepted size.

What version of IE are you using? You should be on IE8 or later.

At work I have IE8. It works here at home with Firefox. I'll check my IE at work tomorrow and upgrade to the latest.

Thanks!

Dave/mods:

When you look at the users that are currently reading a topic, in the last week I've noticed "Facebook" and "Google" in gray shaded text, whereas actual users are green clickable links to their profiles.

What is that about?

They're bots that have access to the forums we made public with the last upgrade. You won't see them in WU.