DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

I'm just going by what Invision recommended. If they got everything archived, we allow longer topics and archiving still works fine after that, then I have no problem backing off the demands. Just give us a chance to monitor things first.

I'm just going by what Invision recommended. If they got everything archived, we allow longer topics and archiving still works fine after that, then I have no problem backing off the demands. Just give us a chance to monitor things first.

I can deal with that. All I ever asked was if you guys would ask invision to figure a way to make those threads work. Since those long threads are only that long because they are the best we have on the EMB, its crazy that you guys should have to cut them up like that.

When I asked that question, you guys made it sound like it wasnt an issue, and it is what it is.

Im glad to hear youll be looking in to it now. Thats all I wanted to hear. Youve fixed a ton of the other issues to get to this point, so I trust youll get this figured out too. Just so you know, I expect nothing less. We used to have all of these long threads, so I expect that this upgrade should handle them just the same.

Thanks!

thanks

Question for Dave or Mod5. How do you use the My Media feature? I have never figured out how to upload content.

Also, Im still having issues with the playback of the ads before videos.

I cleared my cache, deleted cookies, deleted temporary internet files... nothing worked. They still arent playing smoothly, and a 17 second ad just took about 2-5 minutes to get through before I could watch video.

Admittedly I didn't read the past few pages so sorry if this has been answered already, but how can I switch back to the lite mobile version of EMB on Android. I had clicked the tab to switch to a Full Version, but I can't find an option to switch back. Was also wondering how to quote using the lite version.

thanks

I recently discovered the Splashtop Remote Desktop App which lets you log into your PC directly from your mobile device, I don't know if it would be useful for anyone else with a mobile device but so far I love it.

Guest frenchladyfan

are notifications ever going to work again?

i don't understand. notifications work. except for when one is quoted, i believe.

dave ? can you confirm or infirm, please ?

i don't understand. notifications work. except for when one is quoted, i believe.

dave ? can you confirm or infirm, please ?

They still don't work for me, they haven't since the upgrade took place.

How about the issue of "go to first unread post" here in this forum? Any word on them fixing that?

seems to be no word on anything anymore.

do you know how to use the My Media feature?

I haven't ever tried it, I honestly didn't even know it was there until someone (possibly you) mentioned it. I'll play around with it later though and see what I can figure out. Maybe I'll check out Invisions discussion board and see if there's any topics on it over there.

Guest frenchladyfan

@vabeacheagle. well. at least your quoting my post showed me i receive notifications when quoted. so that part works, except for you. :(

@vabeacheagle. well. at least your quoting my post showed me i receive notifications when quoted. so that part works, except for you. :(

I've never received a notification when being quoted, but that's probably due to never having set the setting for that. I used to get notifications for PMs though and those have ceased (since the upgrade).

Guest frenchladyfan

i know you have this issue. idiotic question : are you sure you didn't change, inadvertantly, your email address on here ? and used an obsolete one ? i know it's stupid, but sometimes we do loopy things...

i know you have this issue. idiotic question : are you sure you didn't change, inadvertantly, your email address on here ? and used an obsolete one ? i know it's stupid, but sometimes we do loopy things...

No, I've used the same email on here for a decade... or more.

We picked them. Sorry you don't agree. Let's keep this area reserved for questions specifically related to the boards. Thanks.

any insight on the My Media feature? Does it work? If so, how?

If we had uploads activated, you could share pictures and videos with others.

seems like a cool feature. is it ever going to be turned on?

I'm assuming that it's something where someone could share a video or whatever by uploading it to the EMB's servers? That would be a HUGE space hog in a very short time for a board of this size and activity. It'd probably be a huge bandwidth hog too and with the season coming up (A Super Bowl winning season!), we don't need anything taking bandwidth away.