DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

Has anyone else noticed the board being very slow at times over the past few days?

yes. And it just was a minute ago.

That damn blog. Guess we will have to make it weekly now. :thumbsdown:

I miss the navigation drop down at the bottom of the page. Was a less clunky way of getting around.

werd

OK. So, summer's here and training camp cannot be far behind. I have one question and one comment.

Question--how can I retrieve my avatar? It wasn't all that special, but certainly a lot better than a goofy silhouette.

Concern-- I hope the team this year does not fall into the fuzzy groupy "best team of all time" fiasco. Last year it was to be the team for the ages, and fell on its face.

This year I see things like 'best D-Line in the NFL'. That's scary. Even when these guys look great they have not won anything yet

GO Eagles

(Where's the Eagles Logo I used to put here?)

VA you finally got your color scheme!

Ask Dave forum still doesnt tell you which threads youve posted in once he posts in them though.

Have there been any upgrades besides color?

Like the color scheme, but the board itself just seems condensed - wish the actual MB part could be stretched more horizontally to fill more of the screen.

Like the color scheme, but the board itself just seems condensed - wish the actual MB part could be stretched more horizontally to fill more of the screen.

+1

It is a little hard to read on a bigger screen.

+1

It is a little hard to read on a bigger screen.

you mean people are not still using 800 by 600 monitors anymore and they use wide screen HD monitors? no way ? firefox has a good zoom extension and so does chrome i think so that should help, reduces quality a bit though. Most message boards i belong do a good job of automatically fitting the site to your monitor but that would require knowing what you are doing

the only thing that bugs me is the giant header at the top. a total waste of space. If i want the homepage I'll go to it. It's not like it's hard to find. sheeesh.

I don't understand why this website is constantly meddling with the message board. Pick a style and leave it at that. This is at least the fourth change in the past year or so.

Please change this thread's tags to "downgrade, invision"

thanks.

Guest frenchladyfan

oh dear. i don't like it. too narrow, too much space wasted.

oh dear. i don't like it. too narrow, too much space wasted.

just use your browser's zoom extension, if you have a decent monitor it will look ok, i would not expect the people that run this site to fix it any time soon, i am not sure they know how

Guest frenchladyfan

just use your browser's zoom extension, if you have a decent monitor it will look ok, i would not expect the people that run this site to fix it any time soon, i am not sure they know how

it looks ok now, i'm just unsettled because i'm a little creature of habits. i'll get used to it, the font is the same size, so for me old eyes it's still ok. i'm an elderly creature of habits. :D

Guest frenchladyfan

if i were internet-claustrophobic though, i'd dislike it a lot. this forum, encased like that, is quite oppressive. panic attack coming !! ;)

i don't understand this webteam. they don't take into account our idiosyncrasies. <poke>

This new color scheme is awesome! I'm constantly finding hidden links by moving my mouse around the screen until my cursor changes. Then I get the excitement of deiciding whether or not to blindly click on it and see where it goes. One example is next to 'Back to Ask Dave Spadaro' just above this reply box... if I strain I can make out "Next Unread Topic" in a dark charcoal font on a black background. AWESOME!

Another example is the forum 'tree' links near the top of the page that overlap the crowd in the stadium shot used as a backdrop- I can hardly read the words in this section because they're almost the same color as a lot of the people in the stands...

I realize that some of this stuff may not be difficult for everyone to pick out because I'm color blind, but for me this is absolutely aweful and I will be significantly reducing my time spent here if there isn't an alternate skin available or something.

How did I know that we'd be seeing 3.3.3? lol In 2 months will we be upgrading to 3.3.4?

I can live with alllll of the upgrades, but I HATE the viewable size of the board now. I knew this would be an issue though...

Then please don't downsize the viewable size fo the board to match PE.COM, where there's a lot of unused space on either side of the board. Does this also mean we get the same commercial ads that PE.COM is forced to display?

SInce you've cut down on the size of the board on the screen, it makes it look horrible.

I'm honestly about ready to give up on the whole thing though.

Guest frenchladyfan

This new color scheme is awesome! I'm constantly finding hidden links by moving my mouse around the screen until my cursor changes. Then I get the excitement of deiciding whether or not to blindly click on it and see where it goes. One example is next to 'Back to Ask Dave Spadaro' just above this reply box... if I strain I can make out "Next Unread Topic" in a dark charcoal font on a black background. AWESOME!

Another example is the forum 'tree' links near the top of the page that overlap the crowd in the stadium shot used as a backdrop- I can hardly read the words in this section because they're almost the same color as a lot of the people in the stands...

I realize that some of this stuff may not be difficult for everyone to pick out because I'm color blind, but for me this is absolutely aweful and I will be significantly reducing my time spent here if there isn't an alternate skin available or something.

this is something should be remedied, dave, please. i'm not colour blind and i too have issues.

How about just going back to what we had yesterday and not "upgrade" 8 times in a year and 3 months? It's TOO much.