DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

lots of lagging the last few days, and especially today. May as well let the blog be as it used to be. Clearly the issue is with the upgrades.

I don't like the black borders around the white areas. Too much contrast. Very harsh. I prefer Eagles' green borders.

Too much border that could be used. At normal zoom the usable portion of a wide screen is just a little more than half the width. The rest is just wasted space.

By zooming that border can be removed but then the fonts are unnecessarily huge so you get no benefit from the extra "real estate" since no more text fits on the screen than before.

The color scheme is mildly disturbing mostly because of the size of these borders.

It might be just me but it's harder to tell which threads I've read already, all that changes is the little box on the side and I keep clicking on threads I've already read through because I look at the thread titles

Or you could switch to a 17 inch monitor.

Dave, I think most people use larger than 17" monitors now, the tiny size of the board is horrible for larger monitors. I've asked this before and you said no but I'm going to ask again, can the old skin be brought back as an option?

I did the Ctrl + upscroll to increase the size of everything on the page.

Some people might not like the bigger font, but for me my computer screen is 3-4 feet away from me so its alright. And it took care of the ridiculously huge margins/small text area. Margins are normal size now.

Clearly they are making the boards the way the NFL wants them.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the forums the way they were before the failure of the "nfl" boards.. The only problem was the occasional over capacity yet that is still happening.

Every update the forums get worse, more than better. It's bad enough the blog has to be broken up by monthly topics, the old board had 0 problem supporting it.

Clearly they are making the boards the way the NFL wants them.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the forums the way they were before the failure of the "nfl" boards.. The only problem was the occasional over capacity yet that is still happening.

Every update the forums get worse, more than better. It's bad enough the blog has to be broken up by monthly topics, the old board had 0 problem supporting it.

Dave and mods would tell you the old boards had the same issues. However, anyone can see that the lagginess always happens most frequently right around the time of each of these "upgrades"

And in the past there were only problems on major days on the NFL calendar when traffic was high all over the boards (not just the blog).

Dave and mods would tell you the old boards had the same issues. However, anyone can see that the lagginess always happens most frequently right around the time of each of these "upgrades"

And in the past there were only problems on major days on the NFL calendar when traffic was high all over the boards (not just the blog).

Yup. And these new "upgrades" the major NFL days the board still shuts down.

Anyone else notice the NFL Internet Network at the very top in the right hand corner?

Guest frenchladyfan

I am in communication with Invision about the width of the page. I don't like it, either.

from another thread.

Ever since the upgrade the word wrap seems to be messed up on mobile - when posts wrap onto multiple lines it is wrapping in the middle of words instead of breaking lines between words. And I'm not talking about long words either - in some cases there is only 1 or 2 letters of the word on a separate line. Very annoying.

Ever since the upgrade the word wrap seems to be messed up on mobile - when posts wrap onto multiple lines it is wrapping in the middle of words instead of breaking lines between words. And I'm not talking about long words either - in some cases there is only 1 or 2 letters of the word on a separate line. Very annoying.

Yup. I'm having the same problem.

Guest frenchladyfan

i do have the same problem as well....

Since the new "upgrade" of last week, it seems that posts with polls suddenly lose their polls after a while. I've seen a few people complain of this.

From another thread:

I created three polls yesterday and the same thing happened to all three. The poll results vanished. The boards must be a little screwy

I hope the NFL and the Philadelphia Eagles lose millions in advertising revenue when companies stop paying to be on the site because of the reduced traffic. This is absolute bulls**t.

I hope the NFL and the Philadelphia Eagles lose millions in advertising revenue when companies stop paying to be on the site because of the reduced traffic. This is absolute bullsiit.

not gonna happen

I logged on using my PS3 last night and this new layout really sucks if you aren't using a PC. I logged on with my Kindle Fire too, it wasn't as bad there as on a PC/PS3 but it still wasn't great.

Man, navigation is brutal vs. the old EMB. With the old drop down you could jump forums at the bottom of each thread page. This is painful. Doesn't keep me here very long tyring to find your way out of a thread.

What issues? I see complaints about the margins, complaints about the colors, complaints not having a quick navigation icon at the bottom, and so on, but everyone may not agree. If we change something, someone else complains that it was changed.