DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

What issues? I see complaints about the margins...

Well, our leader (Dave) had some of the same complaints and said that he'd be talking to Invision (or whoever did the skin) to fix it.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/644369-the-new-board-layout/#entry16647885

Any word on that?

What issues? I see complaints about the margins, complaints about the colors, complaints not having a quick navigation icon at the bottom, and so on, but everyone may not agree. If we change something, someone else complains that it was changed.

No way you can say this was an upgrade over the old EMB. None.

How about the word wrap issue on mobile? I also just noticed that on my new Galaxy S3 about 70% of the time I have to scroll to the top of the paget to get it to load. All I get is a blank white/grey page until I scroll all the way to the top, then everything loads almost instantly. Very annoying!

Guest frenchladyfan

How about the word wrap issue on mobile? I also just noticed that on my new Galaxy S3 about 70% of the time I have to scroll to the top of the paget to get it to load. All I get is a blank white/grey page until I scroll all the way to the top, then everything loads almost instantly. Very annoying!

same issue with me as well, but i've sort of given up reporting them, as nobody seems to care really. grrr.

You know what might be awesome...

if the board updated itself in real time. Like if someone bumped a thread, you didnt have to refresh it just happened

It seems like for the past week, sometimes if I click on a link, the board will just sit there trying to connect to whatever link I clicked. It'll sit there for 10 minutes if I let it. I end up having to refresh the screen to get it to actually give me the link I clicked on.

It's got to be the EMB because no other site on the internet does that.

What issues? I see complaints about the margins, complaints about the colors, complaints not having a quick navigation icon at the bottom, and so on, but everyone may not agree. If we change something, someone else complains that it was changed.

Well, our leader (Dave) had some of the same complaints and said that he'd be talking to Invision (or whoever did the skin) to fix it.

http://boards.philad.../#entry16647885

Any word on that?

Mod 5, I liked your post hoping that you get a notification like the rest of us and it might prompt you to come back to this thread and address these posts.quoted above.

This is a major annoyance that I have had throughout this entire 'upgrade' series: You guys (the mods, dave, edwinzzzzz, etc) constantly ask for our feedback, we provide feedback and recommendations/complaints, no responses are offered the majority of the time, and then posts like yours above are made where you act like nobody is giving feedback. All we can do is post our thoughts in this thread- if you guys either ignore the posts or forget about them, that's on you not us. But don't come in here and say that you haven't seen anything posted when people ask if stuff has gotten fixed. At the very least pretend to address the comments by responding along the lines of "there is nothing that can be done about the color of the text overlaying the images (or the margins/layout/word wrapping on mobile/failure of the page to load on mobile/whatever the specific issue may be), maybe it will be better in the next version" and give us false hope that you actually care about our suggestions in this thread.

Mod 5, I liked your post hoping that you get a notification like the rest of us and it might prompt you to come back to this thread and address these posts.quoted above.

Notifications are sent you someone "Likes" a post?

I just went into my profile and changed my notification settings, can somebody "like" this post so I can see if the notification comes through?

Thanks M.C., no notification came through to me. I just happened to check back here to see. I have no idea why I get zero notifications. Since other people seem to get theirs I have to assume it's something with my email server. Maybe the EMB is flagging as spam... no, that can't be it either though... I have it set to deliver spam into a Spam folder.

Thanks M.C., no notification came through to me. I just happened to check back here to see. I have no idea why I get zero notifications. Since other people seem to get theirs I have to assume it's something with my email server. Maybe the EMB is flagging as spam... no, that can't be it either though... I have it set to deliver spam into a Spam folder.

I don't get an email notification but there is a little icon at the top of the page with a number one when someone likes one of my posts.

I don't get an email notification but there is a little icon at the top of the page with a number one when someone likes one of my posts.

I don't even get the littel number, not that I've ever noticed anyway. If it was there when M.C. liked that earlier post then it's gone now.

Let's try this again, can someone like this post and I'll see if a number shows up.

Guest frenchladyfan

huh ??? i never saw any icon ... but i do receive the notifications...

are you sure you're not mistaking it for your number of private messages ?

huh ??? i never saw any icon ... but i do receive the notifications...

are you sure you're not mistaking it for your number of private messages ?

No number showed up for me just now either. So to

, no little number and no notification.

I'm on my laptop, not mobile. At the top-right hand corner of the screen, from right-to-left, there is "Sign Out", my user name with a drop-down arrow, and then a little square with a person inside of it and a tiny down 'point' in the middle at the bottom (very discreet, hardly even worth mentioning), and then to the left of that is the envelope for messages. When I hover over that 'square with the person in the middle' it says "Notifications, and when frenchladyfan liked my last post there was a little #1 in the upper right corner of that icon, and when I clicked it it told me she had liked one of my posts in this forum with links...

Guest frenchladyfan

imp i see the little person, but i was never aware we had numbers in that square. thanks !

I'm on my laptop, not mobile. At the top-right hand corner of the screen, from right-to-left, there is "Sign Out", my user name with a drop-down arrow, and then a little square with a person inside of it and a tiny down 'point' in the middle at the bottom (very discreet, hardly even worth mentioning), and then to the left of that is the envelope for messages. When I hover over that 'square with the person in the middle' it says "Notifications, and when frenchladyfan liked my last post there was a little #1 in the upper right corner of that icon, and when I clicked it it told me she had liked one of my posts in this forum with links...

I have that little icon, but no number shows up on it. If someone sends me a PM, I get a number on the PM icon (though I don't get an email notification anymore).

Ever since one of the 30 'upgrades' of the past 12 months the notifications have stopped for me.

imp i see the little person, but i was never aware we had numbers in that square. thanks !

I just liked this for you, do you see the 1 on the icon?

Guest frenchladyfan

I have that little icon, but no number shows up on it. If someone sends me a PM, I get a number on the PM icon (though I don't get an email notification anymore).

Ever since one of the 30 'upgrades' of the past 12 months the notifications have stopped for me.

I just liked this for you, do you see the 1 on the icon?

yes i see it. i never paid attention before...

i liked yours, it should work for you as well...

yes i see it. i never paid attention before...

i liked yours, it should work for you as well...

Nope, no 1 showed up. I'll check my settings though. I have it set to send me emails but that just doesn't work at all.

The width is back to where it was and it won't be changed. I am not interested in any more upgrades. I want them to fix what is not working so, again, I need a list to compile.

Just send me the issue, not the editorial comments along with it. Thank you

Do you want the issues posted in this thread (as you had originally requested), or do you want them sent to you via PM?

The width is back to where it was and it won't be changed. I am not interested in any more upgrades. I want them to fix what is not working so, again, I need a list to compile.

Just send me the issue, not the editorial comments along with it. Thank you

Great job. I like it

Dave, I like this format much better than what we just had, however, theres one feature that's been missing for a while now, which was a dropdown box at the bottom of the page you were viewing, where you could jump to different forums or back to your forum. That was a nice feature.

Guest frenchladyfan

for dave : 2 issues on mobile phone version that are still not fixed. thanks for the page width though.

Ever since the upgrade the word wrap seems to be messed up on mobile - when posts wrap onto multiple lines it is wrapping in the middle of words instead of breaking lines between words. And I'm not talking about long words either - in some cases there is only 1 or 2 letters of the word on a separate line. Very annoying.