DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

so is that good or bad?

it can handle traffic but might crash randomly anyway?

by the way, have you noticed that even still this morning features are turned off? I cannot bold font, or change font colors...dont know what else isnt working cause I havent cared to search. Just noticed those because I tried to use them and couldnt.

If it wasnt traffic, what was the need for turning off features? I thought thats what they do in high traffic times.

Maybe Kuechly just ran another 40.

so is that good or bad?

it can handle traffic but might crash randomly anyway?

by the way, have you noticed that even still this morning features are turned off? I cannot bold font, or change font colors...dont know what else isnt working cause I havent cared to search. Just noticed those because I tried to use them and couldnt.

If it wasnt traffic, what was the need for turning off features? I thought thats what they do in high traffic times.

Maybe Kuechly just ran another 40.

Server problems are never good, but if it was just a random serever issue, I'd say that's better than a traffic issue because random server issues are going to be pretty rare but we'll always have high traffic on gameday.

As for features... bold, red... they work for me. In the posting box, look at the little icon in the top left corner, it sort of looks like a little light switch. Click that, you may have mistakenly hit it and turned those features off yourself.

I turn them off anytime I'm going to copy and paste an article from some other site, that way the EMB won't screw up the formatting of the article. Once I paste, I turn the features back on.

Server problems are never good, but if it was just a random serever issue, I'd say that's better than a traffic issue because random server issues are going to be pretty rare but we'll always have high traffic on gameday.

As for features... bold, red... they work for me. In the posting box, look at the little icon in the top left corner, it sort of looks like a little light switch. Click that, you may have mistakenly hit it and turned those features off yourself.

I turn them off anytime I'm going to copy and paste an article from some other site, that way the EMB won't screw up the formatting of the article. Once I paste, I turn the features back on.

nah didnt touch that icon. they had been working on and off for me throughout the day today. but it wasnt me turning them on and off.

I had another SQL Error earlier today too so something was up again.

From another thread:

I created three polls yesterday and the same thing happened to all three. The poll results vanished. The boards must be a little screwy

This is still a problem Dave, polls just vanish from threads. This was never a problem before the multiple upgrades.

OK, Dave, and welcome back to all Taters:

Now, how do I get my avatar back? It was just a simpleflag, but certainly better than a gray silouette.

Maybe then I could work on a new one, but I have no clue as to how to do ANYTHING on these boards.

I admit I am pretty much out of any loop with new 'social' media workings, but I may just give up on the boards now.

The PM feature needs to go, and bring back the one that dropped down when someone sent a PM to you. All this one has is a red dot the size of flea and is hardly noticable

The PM feature needs to go, and bring back the one that dropped down when someone sent a PM to you. All this one has is a red dot the size of flea and is hardly noticable

I liked the one that popped up on your screen as a popup when there was a new PM and you'd get an email telling you too. Like you said though, this new system is hard to know when there's a PM unless you're paying attention to that little red blip.

Now, I don't get any emails from the EMB anymore.

I get a pop up when I get PMs. If you guys dont then youre doing it wrong.

I dont get emails, but Im happy about that. That would be annoying.

LOL at you guys thinking Dave or any of his minions actually pay any attention to this thread anymore... :roll:

Hey Dave, since the Eagles suck hair monkey ballzack, is there any chance that you address any of the concerns/criticisms/comments that have been expressed in this thread at any point this season or are you just going to hope that invision takes care of everything in their next upgrade?

Seems like on gameday, when you try to post or refresh tha page or go to a new page, this is all you get (notice the puke green box at the top of the screen). That stays there with little white blocks going across it for 5 or more minutes.

board-1.jpg

Does anyone else find the screen excessively bright with the white on the margins and the white within the actual boards? Probably just me but I find it a bit painful to look at for more than 5 minutes

This POS board is such a disaster I could hardly even get to this thread to complain about its horridly slow response time!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagles message boards should be renamed

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.