DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

I just got the "Over capacity" error a little while ago, I looked at how many people were online and noticed this:

13076.jpg

About 7 or 8 minutes later it had dropped down to this:

672.jpg

Very odd that there were THAT many guests on the board and then vanashed in a matter of minutes. My guess is, it's either spiders or an attack, like a ddos.

I was just thinking about the above post. Maybe "guests" have been our problem all along, be they spiders indexing the site or actual "guests".

Maybe you all should set it back so that the board can't be viewed unless you're logged in, like it was before we started having all of these problems (after the million upgrades started). There were times in the past when we had connection issues, but only in times of huge traffic and NEVER as often as we have since "guests" could view the boards without logging in.

Through refreshing the screen, I just watched "guests" go from about 1,200 to over 4,000 in less than 5 minutes and in looking at the online activity list, they're all "looking at the board index".

I really think "guests" are, and have been, our problem.

Guest frenchladyfan

you have access to how many ppl are on the board, even when the board is non accessible ? i'm asking, for i had the message as well, and i did see nothing of the sort.

what's going on ? on game day it's unbearable, but this is a regular day... and what are these spiders you're talking about ?

you have access to how many ppl are on the board, even when the board is non accessible ? i'm asking, for i had the message as well, and i did see nothing of the sort.

what's going on ? on game day it's unbearable, but this is a regular day... and what are these spiders you're talking about ?

Everyone should , it's on the main EMB screen, down all the way at the very bottom of the browser.

Guest frenchladyfan

i have access to the stats, as everybody does, but not when the access is blocked, is what i meant. did you nonetheless ?

i have access to the stats, as everybody does, but not when the access is blocked, is what i meant. did you nonetheless ?

No, but it came back on a couple of times by refreshing the screen. That's when I checked to see how many people were online. I thought maybe some big breaking news was happening and that was why we were "over capacity". But like you, when it's out, I can't get access either.

I wonder if Dave and/or Invision are at all embarrassed in any way that their users have had more success troubleshooting the problems with the board than people that actually get paid to perform that function?

Any progress on making it so that we can go to the "last read post" in threads that Dave has responded to? That is still a big annoyance.

The past 20 minutes have been horrible... is it because of Invision not being able to handle the EMB or are we getting a new Chip off the old block tonight?

Big news comes in the hiring of Chip Kelly and... the board is slow again.

And now I've seen the stylesheet not load once, images not load once, and the Over Capacity! message three times.

Big news comes in the hiring of Chip Kelly and... the board is slow again.

And now I've seen the stylesheet not load once, images not load once, and the Over Capacity! message three times.

I would expect that on a day like today, especially with the news being SO opposite from what everyone expected.

Getting this constantly this morning.

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/5-whats-up/ was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at boards.philadelphiaeagles.com Port 80

Not just in WU though. TATE, Ask Dave... Its both entering the forums and clicking on threads. Pretty much nothing is working.

Guest frenchladyfan

dave please, take the off season opportunity to kick invision's arse and have them deliver a product that works !!! i beg of you.

This is ridiculous.

And you need to thank VA for coming in here and doing testing, providing screen shots and troubleshooting for other posters.

Dave, invision, mods... "do your job! do your job!"

Copied from another thread but I wanted to have it here too for when that other thread gets moved:

We have had as many as 8,000 to 10,000 on the board at a time.

I'd like to see the IP addresses to verify that those 8,000 to 10,000 are people and not spiders. Dave, log into the ACP and under the "System" tab click on "Logs" (assuming the EMB's version of Invision is the same as what I'm used to). Under "Logs" click on "Spider Logs".

How many "Logged Hits" are there? I have access to a small message boards ACP and it has fewer than 4,000 members. Google has indexed that site nearly 1.3 Million times in the last year. Yahoo, nearly 500,000 times.

Look at the "Online Users" list, open it so you can see the IP addresses. How many 66.249.xxx.xxx hits do you see? I know that Google has the 66.249.000.000 range of IP addresses.

I pay attention to technical things and web stats, I'm just geeky like that, and when the Eagles signed Vick to a contract in 2009, we had around 5,000 people log onto the EMB. It was nearly the same when the Eagles signed Terrell Ownes.

So explain why, on December 17th, 2012, the EMB had more than 13,000 members and guests online. Look on the main page of the EMB, down at the bottom of the page. It tells us that the most ever online was on that day. 13,123 people online. Think back to December 17th.

13076.jpg

What happened on December 17th, 2012 that would cause more people to be on the EMB than were here (combined) when the Eagles signed Owens in 2004 and Vick in 2009?

December 17th was a Monday... maybe it was a MNF game? Well, the Titans and Jets played that Monday Night. The Titans won.

I know... maybe that was the day we fired Washburn... that would be moderately big news. No, that was December 3rd.

So why would we have 13,123 people on the EMB on a Monday when the Eagles aren't playing, there is no draft, no playoff run to discuss, no big free agent or trade going down. No big name coach being hired or fired. No Star in the middle of a Dallas field being spat upon causing a media upraor... why then?

SPIDERS... they're EVERYWHERE! Run for the hills... or maybe just restrict the board to registered members only. There's no logical reason, that I can think of, to keep the EMB open to non-members and spiders.

If I'm incorrect and that's not the problem, then no harm is done. But if I'm correct and it is the spiders/guests, all that's happening is wasting a lot time and if Invision is charging you for "services" in terms of "troubleshooting" then money is being wasted too.

They never did answer whether or not we're on a shared, dedicated or virtual server though... I'm still curious about that.

Hey Dave, what do you think of Brandon Williams if we are moving to a 3-4, we could get him in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round. Looks like the biggest and maybe best Nose Tackle. Got to have one for 3-4 right ?

Hey Dave, what do you think of Brandon Williams if we are moving to a 3-4, we could get him in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round. Looks like the biggest and maybe best Nose Tackle. Got to have one for 3-4 right ?

You might want to re-post this in its own thread. This thread is specifically for technical problems with the board.