DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

Hm ok, how do I reverse that on the mobile version?

I've done that by accident on mobile. When you touch the icon next to the forum (mine is a thought bubble) it marks the entire forum as read. There's no undo button but I've opened it later and found it undone by itself. Not sure if it's a phone reboot or if I logon on my computer or what. But it does go away eventually.

Hey Dave, I don't feel as though that my questions are a issue. Can you please tell me what's really going on? If I said anything to offend you, then I apologize. But, the fact of the matter is that I have been better with not asking so many questions. Thanks so much.

Take care

Hey Dave, I don't feel as though that my questions are a issue. Can you please tell me what's really going on? If I said anything to offend you, then I apologize. But, the fact of the matter is that I have been better with not asking so many questions. Thanks so much.

Take care

Hi James, I don't think this thread gets read much anymore so your post may very well never be seen by Dave.

This is where Dave wants all criticism of his baby to go. Where it won't be read and he can keep deluding himself w/ self praise and a little bit of help from the sycophants. You've peaked, David. You're now a media whoer! Congrats on that. What kind of jagoff sells his soul to dietz and watson? Keep it up, Spamdaro.

So far this week, I've had times where I get an error trying to get to the board, a server error saying "forbidden" or words to that effect.

If this happens just because Cooper said a naughty word and daddy Lurie had to slap his hand and wash out his mouth with soap, God help us when games begin to be played.

>>spuds: game day home page is atrocious. Way to busy streaming this and that. Have enjoyed the Eagles website through ups & downs. It often appears that web designers are fixing stuff that isn't broke. I left the Eagles home page yesterday and went to NFL.com page instead of dealing with Eagles confusing clutter and feeds.

There's a way to turn off the feeds, look inside my "spoiler" box above at the image of the board and right above the "Live Chat" box is where you turn it off.

when are the cut down dates?

You should post this as its own thread, this thread is specifically for technical problems with the message board. If you leave it here, it won't be seen.

Guest frenchladyfan

There's a way to turn off the feeds, look inside my "spoiler" box above at the image of the board and right above the "Live Chat" box is where you turn it off.

halleluyah. thanks for that. i can't stand that page either. i'm too old for these layouts !! :)

Dave, i keep getting this notification.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at boards.philadelphiaeagles.com Port 80

Dave, i keep getting this notification.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at boards.philadelphiaeagles.com Port 80

That only happens when you piss Mod 5 off... :ph34r:

That only happens when you piss Mod 5 off... :ph34r:

Strange thing, at the time i kept getting that yesterday, there were over 2500 guests on the site. Once, i could access the EMB again. The site had only 30 guests.

Strange thing, at the time i kept getting that yesterday, there were over 2500 guests on the site. Once, i could access the EMB again. The site had only 30 guests.

Yeah, I've been telling Dave about the guest problem for a year or two now. If they'd close the board to guests, we wouldn't have that issue but for some reason they don't want to do that. I don't know why though, it was like that for years and years and we hardly ever had any problems like we do now.

Literally though, if you go back in this thread, you'll see many occasions where I mentioned the "guest problem".

Yeah, I've been telling Dave about the guest problem for a year or two now. If they'd close the board to guests, we wouldn't have that issue but for some reason they don't want to do that. I don't know why though, it was like that for years and years and we hardly ever had any problems like we do now.

Literally though, if you go back in this thread, you'll see many occasions where I mentioned the "guest problem".

I have read your due diligence on the guest problem. They need to listen to your input and act.

I have read your due diligence on the guest problem. They need to listen to your input and act.

You aren't kidding.

Make people sign in, or don't allow them access

1065 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

130 members, 916 guests, 19 anonymous users

You aren't kidding.

Make people sign in, or don't allow them access

1065 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

130 members, 916 guests, 19 anonymous users

Now go look at the list of "users". I'd bet that the vast majority of the 'guests' are just viewing the index...

In fact, after typing that, I did check. I looked at just page 1, but take a look...

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?app=members&module=online&sort_order=desc

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the majority of those 'guests' are actually search engine spiders. All they'd doing is using bandwidth, which costs the EMB money. Cut that out and the required monthly/yearly bandwidth drops and saves the Web Team money in their budget.

I'll say it again Dave, cut out the guests, save money and as payment for my budget saving tip, I'll accept a free lifetime season ticket for all Eagles games... :thumbsup:

Guests: GTFO of our message board! Go to the Cowboys forum and slow their ish down.

Sunday night at 8:00 pm, 4 hours after the Eagles game ended and the board crashes? 800 "guests" with 100 members on the board... I guess it's more important to have "guests" than to have members actually have the ability to access the site?

About 2 or 3 minutes after the above post there were 1400 "guests"...

1400Guests.jpg

Maybe they were all here for the Blog Thread and that thread is so large that it caused the 3+ hour outage here? Ya think?