DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

An odd thing happened today, the board crashed. Oddly enough, there were fewer than 100 actual members on the board when it happened though. Anyone find it strange though that there were nearly 3,000 "guests"?

guests-1.jpg

Dave,

I cannot quote since I upgraded to Explorer 11. Anyone else having that problem?

Same here. Also doesn't like me typing fast. Can only do anything when editing mode is turned off

I had this issue with IE, I switched to Google and haven't had a problem.

An odd thing happened today, the board crashed. Oddly enough, there were fewer than 100 actual members on the board when it happened though. Anyone find it strange though that there were nearly 3,000 "guests"?

Yea that was annoying today. Isn't there a way around that? Couldn't they just make the EMB register users only?

I had this issue with IE, I switched to Google and haven't had a problem.

I use Google when I get too annoyed but I really like IE

What happened to you all restricting guests to just TATE? I see that they now have access to almost the whole board again and surprise! The board crashed under the weight of 3500 Guests while only 350 registered users were on.

The real fans who post here all year can't log on whenever anything big happens. Gotta fix that.

"This community is temporarily unavailable." For about 30 min after the game.

The real fans who post here all year can't log on whenever anything big happens. Gotta fix that.

"This community is temporarily unavailable." For about 30 min after the game.

That never happened when the board was completely restricted. Odd, huh?

The guest access hasn't changed in months.

A couple of months ago you (or another mod, I don't remember exactly) said that guests could only see TATE. I was on a laptop earlier and could see everything other than the "Off topic" forums.

Just found the thread:

I also just logged in as a guest and guests can access 10 forums, not "one or two".

I just wish that someone would try restricting guests 100% and see if that solves our problems. It just gets frustrating to see 3500 or 4000 "guests" crashing the boards when there's only 250 to 400 registered users online.

And if there's any way to grant priority access to registered users, particularly long time posters.

Eagles aren't even playing and the board crashes :huh::unsure:

When I checked, just as the board was beginning to crash, we had nearly 4,000 "guests". I'd be willing to bet that of those 4,000, only 150 were real people.

Do you think the Eagles should tender an offer to the cowboys kicker Dan Bailey? He is a restricted free agent, but he was an undrafted rookie so there should be no compensation. The cowboys are cap strapped and it would be tough for them to match, if they do, it will give them problems in other areas.

Do you think the Eagles should tender an offer to the cowboys kicker Dan Bailey? He is a restricted free agent, but he was an undrafted rookie so there should be no compensation. The cowboys are cap strapped and it would be tough for them to match, if they do, it will give them problems in other areas.

You should post this in a thread of its own. This thread is specifically for technical problems with the EMB (the message board).

Football type questions don't get answered in here.

You should post this in a thread of its own. This thread is specifically for technical problems with the EMB (the message board).

Football type questions don't get answered in here.

And often, neither do technical questions! Lol, still nothing done about the guests.

And often, neither do technical questions! Lol, still nothing done about the guests.

I was thinking of saying that too, but I still have hope that questions will be addressed at some point. lol

On a side note, unrelated. I was at school tonight (college) and saw a bumper sticker that said "NOTW" and I thought... Hey, I know him form the EMB! lol

I was thinking of saying that too, but I still have hope that questions will be addressed at some point. lol

On a side note, unrelated. I was at school tonight (college) and saw a bumper sticker that said "NOTW" and I thought... Hey, I know him form the EMB! lol

Ha,ha, i've got that from a few people on here. I have one on my back windshield, along with a big Eagles logo. I'm not sure which makes people cut me off more: the fact that im a believer, or an Eagles fan!

:roll:

5725 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

76 members, 5639 guests, 10 anonymous users (See full list)

Happens again...

Suggestion. I am sure this was already brought up in the past. How about putting a restriction on new accounts to be able to create threads? Responding to existing threads seems fine. Can set the threshold at whatever the admins think is fair.

It has been discussed, but then you'll get newbies that will reply to everything with "Good post!" or other junk until they reach the minimum threshold.

I don't remember specifically, but isn't there a setting that sets a limit for how many characters must be in a post before it counts toward your post count?

Board crashes after Maclin gets signed. I didn't get a chance to see how many guests we had this time lol

It has been discussed, but then you'll get newbies that will reply to everything with "Good post!" or other junk until they reach the minimum threshold.

What about making the board private until registered? Has that been discussed?