DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

Earlier today in Google Chrome I started to quick reply and the entire page content of the board was copied inside the post (what VA Eagle has posted before with screen shots).

Earlier today in Google Chrome I started to quick reply and the entire page content of the board was copied inside the post (what VA Eagle has posted before with screen shots).

That's happened to me with IE and Firefox as well. So now there's three browsers that it happens with.

That's happened to me with IE and Firefox as well. So now there's three browsers that it happens with.

Gold standard.

Let me know what gets fixed, please

Dave, these 2 issues are still happening as of today.

Individual posts that get lumped together under one post. It seems like a 4 minute timer is being used to separate the posts. The only other way it will appear as a separate post is when another user posts in between your post.

The quote function does not show the userid of the person you quoted. This only happens when you read the posts through the front page of an article on the webite. It shows the userid through the EMB.

If I turn the BBCode Mode off, I can't use the quote function, the fonts, emoticons etc.

With that off, it turns off the GUI for those things but you should be able to use the text commands for those functions (if you know them).

Also, do the Quote buttons under each post work for you, when BBCode Mode is off? Like on this post that I'm typing and you are now reading, if you click quote or multiquote, does that work?

With that off, it turns off the GUI for those things but you should be able to use the text commands for those functions (if you know them).

Also, do the Quote buttons under each post work for you, when BBCode Mode is off? Like on this post that I'm typing and you are now reading, if you click quote or multiquote, does that work?

Yeah, I can click on the quote button with the BBCode Mode off. No big deal, I'll just leave it on.

Yeah, I can click on the quote button with the BBCode Mode off. No big deal, I'll just leave it on.

I'm actually used to leaving it off because for about 2 years, after one of Edwin's other upgrades, I couldn't hit the enter key and have it work, with BBCode Mode on.

So I generally just type out the codes that I need, unless it's one that I don't use very often and don't know by heart. Even the emoticons, I type a lot of those out too rather than click them.

I'm an old DOS guy though, so typing code rather than clicking is normal for me lol.

Much complain, so many whine.

Check and see who started this thread and the purpose for it before you go off making a fool of yourself ;)

Oops... too late... :lol:

is there a way to disable emoticons???  i don't need to see that garbage.

I don't believe there's a setting for emoticons, you can ignore (turn off) signatures though. I've had signatures turned off for at least a few years.

is there a way to disable emoticons???  i don't need to see that garbage.

:roll:  :roll: :roll:  :roll:  

Thanks for getting it fixed Dave. You're the man!

Hi Dave, don't know if it was asked but Mychal Kendricks went down in Indy and haven't heard any news about his condition/return, is he ok? I feel we don't have good depth at LB and Mathews proved it. And do you think Kendricks will be available Sunday? Thanks, AJ.

Hi Dave, don't know if it was asked but Mychal Kendricks went down in Indy and haven't heard any news about his condition/return, is he ok? I feel we don't have good depth at LB and Mathews proved it. And do you think Kendricks will be available Sunday? Thanks, AJ.

You should post this in a thread of its own. This thread is specifically for technical problems with the EMB (the message board).

Football type questions don't get answered in here.

Let me know what gets fixed, please

Dave,

The 3 items I reported to you are not fixed as of now.

1) Individual posts that get lumped together under one post. It seems like a 4 minute timer is being used to separate the posts. The only other way it will appear as a separate post is when another user posts in between your post.

2) The quote function does not show the userid of the person you quoted. This only happens when you read the posts through the front page of an article on the webite. It shows the userid through the EMB.

3) Users are telling me that their sentences are appearing bunched together on one line, when they hit enter to put the sentence on a separate line. Again, this happens when you use the front page of the website to post on articles.

Some weird crap happens sometimes when I quote someone.

The board will remove the closing tag of the quoted text and just make it look like I am posting the entire thing, or sometimes it'll add all of my text to the quoted text so that it looks like I typed my text INSIDE the quote tags (when I didn't).

Editing it and correcting it does no good, either. I wind up having to remove all of the quoted text and just leaving my text by itself.

Please tell us who it was that authorized the upgrade... please?

sorry, but I'm new to this. what does EMB stand for? also, I wanted to ask Dave - I'm very impressed with Billy Davis. when I look at his resume, it doesn't seem very successful. how was our staff able to find this diamond in the rough?

sorry, but I'm new to this. what does EMB stand for? also, I wanted to ask Dave - I'm very impressed with Billy Davis. when I look at his resume, it doesn't seem very successful. how was our staff able to find this diamond in the rough?

EMB = Eagles Message Board

So if you have problems on the board, post your question or concern here. If you want to make a comment or have a question about football, make a new thread for Dave.