DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

Dave,

The 3 items I reported to you are not fixed as of now.

1) Individual posts that get lumped together under one post. It seems like a 4 minute timer is being used to separate the posts. The only other way it will appear as a separate post is when another user posts in between your post.

2) The quote function does not show the userid of the person you quoted. This only happens when you read the posts through the front page of an article on the webite. It shows the userid through the EMB.

3) Users are telling me that their sentences are appearing bunched together on one line, when they hit enter to put the sentence on a separate line. Again, this happens when you use the front page of the website to post on articles.

Dave, are you giving the software folks feedback on these 3 items? They don't function as of today.

Chip Kelly's Offensive Gameplan?

Idk what you guys think, but honestly I'm not sure if the fast paced offense really works in NFL. Our D just got killed today.

I was at the game today and I probably saw more than 80% even 90% of out offensive formation: Shotgun... Even in the 2 opportunities at yard 2 at the end of the game... REALLY?? You can't pound it in with Polk or McCoy?

Frustrating ...

Chip Kelly's Offensive Gameplan?

Idk what you guys think, but honestly I'm not sure if the fast paced offense really works in NFL. Our D just got killed today.

I was at the game today and I probably saw more than 80% even 90% of out offensive formation: Shotgun... Even in the 2 opportunities at yard 2 at the end of the game... REALLY?? You can't pound it in with Polk or McCoy?

Frustrating ...

You might want to make a new thread for this, this specific thread as is for issues with the EMB itself, not football questions or comments.

The ignore feature works everywhere but in the chat section, where it's definitely needed.

I've never once used the Chat... though the ignore feature does include "Chat" as an option, doesn't it?

I've never once used the Chat... though the ignore feature does include "Chat" as an option, doesn't it?

Yeah it does include it, but it doesn't work, you can ignore someone here, but when you're in chat, they aren't ignored, even if you've selected all the ignore options.

Yeah it does include it, but it doesn't work, you can ignore someone here, but when you're in chat, they aren't ignored, even if you've selected all the ignore options.

Edwin!!!

Hi

I'm a eagles fan from Norway and was sitting here now watching the game on NFL gamepass. And i have a quick question.

At 8:51 left in the 4th quarter fowles throws a pass to cooper who runs out of bounds after getting the first down. The commentators says that he schould have stayed inbounds to keep the clock running. But the clock only stops for about two seconds and then continues running down when the playclock starts winding down from 40. Why is that? I can't se the clock beeing corrected afterwards.. Is that a ref mistake and will it have consequenses?

Regards

Christopher

The ignore feature works everywhere but in the chat section, where it's definitely needed.

Yes i could not agree more

Hi

I'm a eagles fan from Norway and was sitting here now watching the game on NFL gamepass. And i have a quick question.

At 8:51 left in the 4th quarter fowles throws a pass to cooper who runs out of bounds after getting the first down. The commentators says that he schould have stayed inbounds to keep the clock running. But the clock only stops for about two seconds and then continues running down when the playclock starts winding down from 40. Why is that? I can't se the clock beeing corrected afterwards.. Is that a ref mistake and will it have consequenses?

Regards

Christopher

Hi Christopher, this specific thread is for technical problems with the message board, but let me see if I can help with what happened, though I didn't actually get to watch the game and don't recall that specific play.

Here's a link to NFL rules with regard to the clock:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing

With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal.

So, if it had been under 5 minutes left (or 2 minutes in the first half), the clock would have stopped until the next play. Since there was almost 9 minutes left, the clock only stopped long enough for the Refs to reset the ball and start the play clock. So I can only imagine that the announcers were saying that because of the 5 or 10 seconds that otherwise would have run off the clock while the ball was being reset.

Either that, or they had forgotten about that rule change, which by now is probably 10 years old. It used to be that whenever a player with the ball ran out of bounds, the clock stopped until the next play. But games were taking 4 hours to play, so they changed the rules in order to shorten games actual run time.

Please review video of Fitzgerald TD.  BEFORE he caught the pass, a Cardinals player threw a block on one of two Eagles in position to tackle Fitzgerald.  As the blocked Eagles player was also someone who could have caught the pass, blocking him before the pass was caught by Fitzgerald is illegal and definitively should have drawn a flag (would have been nice to see an actual penalty draw a flag in that game, instead of the illusions experienced by most of the refs all day long!).

Please review video of Fitzgerald TD.  BEFORE he caught the pass, a Cardinals player threw a block on one of two Eagles in position to tackle Fitzgerald.  As the blocked Eagles player was also someone who could have caught the pass, blocking him before the pass was caught by Fitzgerald is illegal and definitively should have drawn a flag (would have been nice to see an actual penalty draw a flag in that game, instead of the illusions experienced by most of the refs all day long!).

You might want to make a new thread for this, this specific thread as is for issues with the EMB itself, not football questions or comments.

Dave, these 3 issues are STILL outstanding from September. You said that Invision would get the list of items from you. I have not heard anything back from you on these items. Any update on these items.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:23 AM
DDD1952, on 19 Sept 2014 - 1:25 PM, said:
Dave,

The 3 items I reported to you are not fixed as of now.

1) Individual posts that get lumped together under one post. It seems like a 4 minute timer is being used to separate the posts. The only other way it will appear as a separate post is when another user posts in between your post.

2) The quote function does not show the userid of the person you quoted. This only happens when you read the posts through the front page of an article on the webite. It shows the userid through the EMB.

3) Users are telling me that their sentences are appearing bunched together on one line, when they hit enter to form a separate paragraph. Again, this happens when you use the front page of the website to post on articles.

Dave... i would hope with an important game as this Coach kelly has Sanchez throw short to medium passes and let the players get the rest of the yards. i think our QB has been lucky on a lot of those long bombs the past few games. We can win without the bombs...

Dave... i would hope with an important game as this Coach kelly has Sanchez throw short to medium passes and let the players get the rest of the yards. i think our QB has been lucky on a lot of those long bombs the past few games. We can win without the bombs...

Maybe change this thread title to indicate it's technical issues?

Maybe change this thread title to indicate it's technical issues?

Nah, how else would I pad my post count with an additional 500 posts per month? :huh:

:lol:

Nah, how else would I pad my post count with an additional 500 posts per month? :huh:

:lol:

True, you need something to keep you busy.  Next you'll be spinning a sign on Google "EMB this way  ------->"

:roll:

Let's make this productive, gang. Thanks.

Dave-If the fans would downplay this trash talk we would be far better off. All this does is give further incentive to Dallas or whoever. This means stopping booing when they came unto the field and give them respectful applause. Acting goofy like some guys do takes away from the analysis. I personally like it when people around me are rooting for the opponent. But there a more important reason. It's very possible that fights could break out causing injury. This a bad reflection on the city. Gradually, fans might be afraid to come to Lincoln Financial Field.

Dave-If the fans would downplay this trash talk we would be far better off. All this does is give further incentive to Dallas or whoever. This means stopping booing when they came unto the field and give them respectful applause. Acting goofy like some guys do takes away from the analysis. I personally like it when people around me are rooting for the opponent. But there a more important reason. It's very possible that fights could break out causing injury. This a bad reflection on the city. Gradually, fans might be afraid to come to Lincoln Financial Field.

Why do the eagles tend to do the same plays over n over when it's clearly not working .they hand off to McCoy on first and second down who then never goes any farther than two or three yards straight forward but can run fifteen yards side to side and then throw a incomplete pass on third. Give the ball to Sproles ,he knows how to run forward.And has anyone ever taught Fletcher ,that when the receivers head turns and he is looking up at the ball ,turn your head around and at least block the ball.How many touchdowns or great catches have been made cause he can't get his head around.Maybe next season some of these guys will review some game tapes and make this a priority in their game playing or at least earn their money

Why do the eagles tend to do the same plays over n over when it's clearly not working .they hand off to McCoy on first and second down who then never goes any farther than two or three yards straight forward but can run fifteen yards side to side and then throw a incomplete pass on third. Give the ball to Sproles ,he knows how to run forward.And has anyone ever taught Fletcher ,that when the receivers head turns and he is looking up at the ball ,turn your head around and at least block the ball.How many touchdowns or great catches have been made cause he can't get his head around.Maybe next season some of these guys will review some game tapes and make this a priority in their game playing or at least earn their money

I guess people are just clicking on the first link they see without any regard to what that thread is for...

Hey,

Does anyone know why I can't change my profile member title, as well as my favorite player? It comes up as a error.

Hey,

Does anyone know why I can't change my profile member title, as well as my favorite player? It comes up as a error.

I just did both of those actions on my profile and had no problem. Try this, edit your favorite player and save the change. See if that gives you an error. Once that's done, try to edit your member title and save that and see if you get an error.

If the favorite player saves successfully but the member title doesn't, PM a Mod or an Admin and ask them to change the title for you. I believe that you have to have a specific number of posts to change the title but I'm not positive about that. If I'm correct on that, and you don't have the correct number of posts yet, that's likely why you're getting an error.