DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

User profile not showing age or BD. I don't see today's birthdays or the last 5 subjects listed for new content. Does this problem still go back to when FA started on March 10th?

That's what I was thinking, they probably disabled it to speed the board up and prevent a crash and then just forgot to re-enable it.

PM an Admin, if that's the case, the issue probably won't be discovered for a while (I don't know how often anyone comes to this thread).

I just tried it myself, it worked without an error.

i can't change anything in my profile still without getting that error. Maybe I'll try on my laptop at home. Thanks VA.

Why don't my warning points have expiration dates?  My first 2 points were given over a year ago.

Why don't my warning points have expiration dates?  My first 2 points were given over a year ago.

PM a mod or admin. They'll be able to look into it and correct anything that needs correcting.

The regular season schedule release crashes the emb... :nonono:

Sounds about right... after all, there's over 7,000 guests on the board right now and only 160 actual members.

How many years have we been discussion the problems that "guests" cause? If someone would restrict ALL freaking access to members only, maybe we'd actually be able to have the board be online so that we could actually discuss things...

Edwin! <_<

Just hire Va_BeachEagle already, good Lord.  No one does ish around here but him (and Mod5 when he's not kicking around TATERs).

We re-signed our friggen PUNTER and the boards crashed and "community unavailable." LMAO.

Good times.

There seems to be an issue with having the ability to click on someone's screen name. The cursor doesn't show up when you put it on somebody's screen name. Also, there's no names showing up for the people who are actually on the message boards. 

There seems to be an issue with having the ability to click on someone's screen name. The cursor doesn't show up when you put it on somebody's screen name. Also, there's no names showing up for the people who are actually on the message boards.

They turn those features off when there's going to be very high traffic, like for the draft, free agency, 1:00 PM Wednesday afternoon...

Turning those features off means fewer hits on the database, which helps to ease the strain on the servers.

Give them a few days and they'll reactivate all of those features.

They turn those features off when there's going to be very high traffic, like for the draft, free agency, 1:00 PM Wednesday afternoon...

Turning those features off means fewer hits on the database, which helps to ease the strain on the servers.

Give them a few days and they'll reactivate all of those features.

Oh okay. Thanks, bro.

My userid did not show up on the birthday list the other day. There use to be a field for your birthday in your profile settings. I don't see where you can update it. Does anybody know where you set the date in your profile?

My userid did not show up on the birthday list the other day. There use to be a field for your birthday in your profile settings. I don't see where you can update it. Does anybody know where you set the date in your profile?

It looks like it's been removed.

It looks like it's been removed.

Removed it seems but why? And how do other users showup on the daily BD list? Shouldn't the field be gone for everybody else?

Removed it seems but why? And how do other users showup on the daily BD list? Shouldn't the field be gone for everybody else?

This is just a guess on my part, since I don't have access to the ACP, but it could be that it's been removed as an editable field in profiles but the database still has the field as a displayable option. So those that had birthdays entered in, will display and those that didn't, won't.

Why? I can give you one name...

EDWIN! (Said the way Jerry would say "Newman!")

Come to think of it though, I did get an email from Invision sometime within the past couple of months talking about an upgrade to their message board software. So this could be another "upgrade" that's really a "downgrade".

In which case...

EDWIN! <_<

Board registration requires visitors 13 and older to put in a birthdate before they can create an account, and that's what gets stored in the profile and gets used by the Calendar add-on to display birthdays. The ability to edit the birthdate in the profile settings was removed. DDD's birthday didn't show up because the fields are set to "----".

Out of curiosity, why was it removed? To save a hit on the database? I can't see that being the case, though, since the database is still getting hits on all those that have it set.

Board registration requires visitors 13 and older to put in a birthdate before they can create an account, and that's what gets stored in the profile and gets used by the Calendar add-on to display birthdays. The ability to edit the birthdate in the profile settings was removed. DDD's birthday didn't show up because the fields are set to "----".

OK, so the BD field has been removed, because prior to this year my userid would showup in the BD listing.

Do you know when the field was removed? And how did I lose the date that was set?

OK, so the BD field has been removed, because prior to this year my userid would showup in the BD listing.

Do you know when the field was removed? And how did I lose the date that was set?

Do you just want them to send you an e-card for your birthday or something?  Who cares if the board knows your birthday?

Do you just want them to send you an e-card for your birthday or something?  Who cares if the board knows your birthday?

I care.