DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

im having trouble on my computer recently with the EMB. I will go to a sub forum and it will show that theres been no new posts for the last hour, when there actually have been. then if i click on the star next to a thread (to go to the first unread post) it wont fully load. if i delete my cookies from the boards, itll sometimes fix the problem, but not always. any idea what going on here?

It must be something on their (the board) end. It's been happening to me recently too. It could be because some of the features are turned off. Not completely sure at the moment.

Is there a way to turn off the asterisk from showing you new posts in a thread you no longer care to follow?  Like to have it not show up in your content feed anymore?  In one of the older versions of the board, you could follow/unfollow threads.

Dave I always answer The Fan Poll question, but that is it the end. "SUGGESTION" Our answer should take us to the Eagles Message Board where we can discuss it if we want to.

Dave I always answer The Fan Poll question, but that is it the end. "SUGGESTION" Our answer should take us to the Eagles Message Board where we can discuss it if we want to.

You should post this in a thread of its own. This thread is specifically for technical problems with the EMB (the message board).

I keep getting a service unavailable error

This afternoon around 3:30-4:00 was rough going. Guess it was Malcolm Jenkins' extension. :rolleyes:

This afternoon around 3:30-4:00 was rough going. Guess it was Malcolm Jenkins' extension. :rolleyes:

Sad part is it happens on regular days too

im having trouble on my computer recently with the EMB. I will go to a sub forum and it will show that theres been no new posts for the last hour, when there actually have been. then if i click on the star next to a thread (to go to the first unread post) it wont fully load. if i delete my cookies from the boards, itll sometimes fix the problem, but not always. any idea what going on here?

anyone else having this problem? im getting a prefetching error too. its starting to get borderline unusable.

anyone else having this problem? im getting a prefetching error too. its starting to get borderline unusable.

I haven't seen that.  What browser do you use and is it up to date?

I haven't seen that.  What browser do you use and is it up to date?

im using firefox. says my last update was on 2/11, the problem started before that.

im using firefox. says my last update was on 2/11, the problem started before that.

Try it in another browser and see if you get the same problem.  Do you have Chrome?  Safari on mac?  

Also paging VABeachEagle, help!

Try it in another browser and see if you get the same problem.  Do you have Chrome?  Safari on mac?  

Also paging VABeachEagle, help!

i was trying not to have to switch browsers, just because ive been using firefox so long. but if nothing else i can try downloading chrome.

i was trying not to have to switch browsers, just because ive been using firefox so long. but if nothing else i can try downloading chrome.

Not permanent, I was just thinking try it to see if the problem is in all browsers.  If it works in Chrome, Safari, IE, etc. then maybe the issue is with Firefox.  You could also try to update your Firefox and see if that helps (I know you updated on the 11th and the problem was before that but it can't hurt).

so, i downloaded chrome over the weekend and its been running smooth on there. i have firefox on my tablet at home and its doing the same thing that i described earlier. anyone else using firefox and having these issues?

so, i downloaded chrome over the weekend and its been running smooth on there. i have firefox on my tablet at home and its doing the same thing that i described earlier. anyone else using firefox and having these issues?

Glad that it's working well on Chrome.  IMO Chrome is better than Firefox.  I wonder if it's an issue with your tablet? I don't use the boards on my tablet, I just use PC or smart phone.  I know that some people use tablets and don't have issues though.  

Glad that it's working well on Chrome.  IMO Chrome is better than Firefox.  I wonder if it's an issue with your tablet? I don't use the boards on my tablet, I just use PC or smart phone.  I know that some people use tablets and don't have issues though.  

well im on my laptop at work right now, thats where the problem originated. 

Got this message quite a few times this morning

ERROR The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)

Request ID: 4EqD77cFRAGQ7W7gcn5Ie5RhJh9v613KWeXIwH3e0sBD_rL-1cvZPw==

Looks like the board is on a different service now, CloudFront is an Amazon product. Amazon hosts some huge clients (like the CIA), so I'd expect the boards to be up at all times regardless of the news cycle.

Looks like the board is on a different service now, CloudFront is an Amazon product. Amazon hosts some huge clients (like the CIA), so I'd expect the boards to be up at all times regardless of the news cycle.

Good news.  I haven't personally seen any outages even during some recent news.  

Could you take a look at BFit's problem above?  Any thoughts?

It'd be cool if you could tag users like on social media to draw attention to posts.

Good news.  I haven't personally seen any outages even during some recent news.  

Could you take a look at BFit's problem above?  Any thoughts?

It'd be cool if you could tag users like on social media to draw attention to posts.

I had that issue too, but it hasn't been happening for a little while now. What I'd try, initially, is to mark the entire community read. There's a link at the bottom of the main board index page to do that. Then see if it continues.

well im on my laptop at work right now, thats where the problem originated. 

Hey, see VA's advice above. He's the resident expert.

I had that issue too, but it hasn't been happening for a little while now. What I'd try, initially, is to mark the entire community read. There's a link at the bottom of the main board index page to do that. Then see if it continues.

Thanks, appreciate it.

One thing that I do, and may have had an effect, is I use CCleaner to clean my hard drive of unneeded files like temp files and cookies and such.

Like I said, I was having the same issue but I didn't pay close enough attention to whether or not a CCleaner session cured the issue or not. It's possible that it did, because I run it every so often and at some point, the problem was just gone. So it could be the CCleaner or an instance of marking all communities read or just something else.

CCleaner is free though, so there's no harm in trying it.

Question:

Will the Eagles have OTAs beginning April 4th, as the league allows for teams with new head coaches?

Thanks.

You should post this in a thread of its own. This thread is specifically for technical problems with the EMB (the message board).