DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

I hope this mobile app is better. I can't get emojis and don't know how to take pics off the internet to post. Maybe there's a more simple way

I hope that a full backup of the board will be made on May 31st. Upgrades have a way of going bad sometimes.

April Fools Day. Never forget.

It's June 1st... I'm scared...

:ph34r:

If this is my last post on this iteration of the EMB, let me just say:

Dallas sucks.

My feedback on suggested changes:

• Quoted text before today not in quote brackets
  • Cannot see which poster was quoted on posts before today
  • Can't see who liked a post 
  • Former friends are becoming followers - but my profile shows no followers.  Do we have to start over following people?
  • I like that ignore is available when hovering, why not follow also to make it easier to follow people?
  • Hard to distinguish between posts - need improved color/format to separate posts.  White on light gray is a bad choice
  • Location of quote and multi-quote button is in the body of the post and should be separated in a box of some sort.  
  • Auto double space when hitting enter, would prefer single space or an icon to set your preference
  • Good idea to move the report button so it's not accidentally selected
  • I like that you can pick from different Activity Streams
  • Testing drag and drop image in this post so we'll see if it shows up.  I am hoping we can choose where the image is, in case we want it between paragraphs for example.

Edit:  drag and drop image worked, but testing if I can choose where in the post the image shows:  it worked.

workflow-software-process-manager.jpg

Testing quote icon:  

quote this text

The code icon, not sure how it works.  I liked the old way to pick from a drop down of spoiler, media, etc.  Do we have to type it out now or will there be an easy icon to wrap text in spoiler tags?

I don't like typing out spoiler tags!

Test copying a youtube video link, in edit mode it says it will automatically embed which is nice:

That youtube video is big, bigger than before. Mod5, did you look into seeing if we will have these in the list of the emoji's?

Facepalm animated emoticon Dope Slap animated emoticon

Like the drag and drop feature.

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

That youtube video is big, bigger than before. Mod5, did you look into seeing if we will have these in the list of the emoji's?

Facepalm animated emoticon Dope Slap animated emoticon

Like the drag and drop feature.

Yes, I noticed the youtube embed is huge.  

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yes, I noticed the youtube embed is huge.  

I wonder if we just drag and drop the link if it'll be the size it was on the old emb?

I don't see how to change the cover photo on the profile

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Hmmm, nope. It's cool, they'll get it figured out. TBH, I'm kind of digging this

Some of the features are slicker like drag and drop of images, embedding videos automatically and a few others.

As usual, they'll iron out the kinks and we'll get used to it.  The good news is that it works and isn't the cluster F it was on the April Fool's Day disaster.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't see how to change the cover photo on the profile

Click on your name in the top right corner, go to profile,  there's a little icon in the bottom left of your pic. Or, you could just click on your profile pic and it'll automatically take you there.

Edited by Don Corleone

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Click on your name in the top right corner, go to profile,  there's a little icon in the bottom left of your pic.

yeah that says profile pic, which is the avatar.  There's a cover photo as well that is a second photo you can have that only shows when people go to your profile.

Just now, NOTW said:

yeah that says profile pic, which is the avatar.  There's a cover photo as well that is a second photo you can have that only shows when people go to your profile.

Never knew there was a cover pic.

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Never knew there was a cover pic.

It was announced as part of the upgrade in the pinned topic.  I just re-read it today to look for an test the new features. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

It was announced as part of the upgrade in the pinned topic.  I just re-read it today to look for an test the new features. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Content > Profile, then next to Edit Profile, you should see a button for Cover Photo.

I don't have that.  I'm on a PC using an updated Google Chrome browser.  There is the "Edit Profile" button but just a gray rectangle place holder for cover photo.  In the lower left of the cover photo is my profile pic and a picture icon that allows me to change the profile photo but not cover.

Is there a quick way to go from one forum to the next without having to click on "Home" first?

Like the previous teardrop at the top of the page, or a drop down menu on the pre April Fools Day botch job version?

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I like the drop down options for creating a thread. Thank you Mod5 for the square pic, I appreciate it.

Ha ha, of all the things I actually like the round profile pic.  It looked more modern and less boxy.  No big deal either way.  And we can see who liked posts again.  They're working fast!  

Mod5 >>>>>>> Edwin!

They need to work on the skin. There's no real clear distinction between one post and another. They kind of run together.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They need to work on the skin. There's no real clear distinction between one post and another. They kind of run together.

At least they didn't get rid of your favorite :rod:

Hey Spuds, As you noted on the 1st page, some just can't keep it classy. The board's nice and to keep it nice for the rest of us, a personal ignore button would be an improvement. Not to ban from the board, simply for each of us to choose which posters we each don't want to show up on our own screens. There are a few trolls from other teams etc.