DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hey Spuds, As you noted on the 1st page, some just can't keep it classy. The board's nice and to keep it nice for the rest of us, a personal ignore button would be an improvement. Not to ban from the board, simply for each of us to choose which posters we each don't want to show up on our own screens. There are a few trolls from other teams etc.

Mj, you can add people to an ignore list. Click on your name in the top right corner, then scroll down to where it says "ignored Users" Click on that and it'll allow you to type their names in. Once you put their user name in, it'll give you options to ignore their posts etc.

4 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

You can also hover over a person's name and the Ignore option is right there.

Can they add the link to PE.COM back to the top of the forum, like it used to be? That was convenient.

36 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

At least they didn't get rid of your favorite :rod:

I'd have rioted if they had! I noticed that some of the old emoticons from before the upgrade were showing up as code though. That's usually how I used them anyway, I just typed their code. Let's see if the code still works...

:rod: 

Ok, well that was cool... I typed the code and it instantly converted it to the emoticon.

6 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Did you see my earlier question about a quicker way to jump from one forum to another without having to click on "home" first?

Like the teardrop, or a drop down menu.

I'm a little disappointed to see that all of our 'Friends' from before the upgrade are gone. I had several 'Friends' who have now passed away but were in my 'Friends' list. -_-

24 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Can they rebuild the database? If you go back to an old post that had videos, images or even where you quoted someone, they're all screwed up. There should be a feature in the ACP (if it's in this new version) to rebuild all of those old posts.

50 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hey Spuds, As you noted on the 1st page, some just can't keep it classy. The board's nice and to keep it nice for the rest of us, a personal ignore button would be an improvement. Not to ban from the board, simply for each of us to choose which posters we each don't want to show up on our own screens. There are a few trolls from other teams etc.

There has already been an ignore feature, and now it's even easier if you hover over the person you can click ignore.  The pinned topics that discuss the upgrades will give you info on the new features as well.

26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Can they add the link to PE.COM back to the top of the forum, like it used to be? That was convenient.

Agree.

The old stuff will be fixed when their rebuilding processes finish, which could be several hours

On 5/25/2016 at 9:08 AM, Don Corleone said:

We could really use this one facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif or something similar

On 5/25/2016 at 10:31 AM, Don Corleone said:

I've also used this one before dope-slap.gif

Both of these have been added.

With regard to the link to PE.COM that I mentioned earlier, maybe someone can just go in and edit the "Home" link to lead to PE.COM and edit the word "Home" to say that it's PE.COM... I'm attaching a screen shot, partially to show what I'm talking about and partially to test that function.

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

yeah that says profile pic, which is the avatar.  There's a cover photo as well that is a second photo you can have that only shows when people go to your profile.

Now I see what you mean about cover photo, I didn't have that option earlier.

I'm just kind of wondering how long the ability to attach pictures will last. As large as this boards membership is, pictures will take up A LOT of server space. I'd rather not have that ability than to have the database purged every 3 to 6 months to save space.

I posted these in the WU thread, but I wanted to drop them here also for maximum exposure so they arent accidentally missed.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

3 things I noticed:

I used to sometimes click the eagles logo at the top left of the page to take me to PE.com. It was convenient for the rare occasion I wanted to visit the site. That action does not exist anymore.

When I was on mobile someone embedded a tweet, and it went way beyond the boundaries of the rest of the page, as well as my phone screen. Maybe I am supposed to be using my phone in landscape mode, but I never do. That seems broken.

Lastly, on mobile, at the very bottom of the page, between the page back and page forward arrow buttons, it tells you what page you are on, but that is so very light grey, on the white background, its barely even noticeable. Ill bet you cant see it if you dont have a samsung phone with OLED display. iphone users probably have no idea what page they are on because iphones suck. Sorry @OCEaglefan its simply the truth. Samsung displays are far superior to iphone displays. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

One other thing I noticed right after that post...

Cant see who is online, or in the same forum anymore at the bottom of the screen. I see we have a separate tab for that now. It was kind of nice to just be able to quickly glance at that. And nice to see who was in each individual forum, or thread. Clicking the tab isnt forum or thread specific. You just see everyone online on the entire EMB. Its also an extra click to view something that used to be right in front of you. Usually software tries to accomplish the opposite and make everything more streamlined. This is a definite step backwards.

Im also not really interested in profile cover photos. I dont think many if any of us even use the facebooky features in our profiles such as status messages, friends.. Tricking out the profile seems wasted on this crowd. I doubt many people will bother uploading a cover photo, but if it would make a big difference in the performance of the boards, Id vote for removing that feature.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im also not really interested in profile cover photos. I dont think many if any of us even use the facebooky features in our profiles such as status messages, friends.. Tricking out the profile seems wasted on this crowd. I doubt many people will bother uploading a cover photo, but if it would make a big difference in the performance of the boards, Id vote for removing that feature.

Not only do I not use 'facebooky features', I don't use Facebook... period... lol

as for aesthetics, Id like to see darker borders between posts. The light gray lines on white background isnt enough for me. Things almost seem to run together too much. I think it makes it hard to look at.

Less serious issue, I wish our names over the avatars werent so big and bold.

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

as for aesthetics, Id like to see darker borders between posts. The light gray lines on white background isnt enough for me. Things almost seem to run together too much. I think it makes it hard to look at.

Less serious issue, I wish our names over the avatars werent so big and bold.

Yeah, I mentioned the issue of the posts running together earlier. That's a simple skin adjustment... at least it used to be a simple adjustment, I don't know about now but they should be able to fix that fairly easily.

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not only do I not use 'facebooky features', I don't use Facebook... period... lol

Me either. I'm not concerned about the cover photo, just didn't have that option when NOTW mentioned it.

I wish there was something more to show the next post is separated from the post above it.... cant say that im a huge fan of the continuous white

also I cant seem to find the go to first unread post button anymore for a specific thread.....