DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

4 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Nice going Don. Those are 2 of my favorites. :D

And thanks to Mod5 for doing it.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm just kind of wondering how long the ability to attach pictures will last. As large as this boards membership is, pictures will take up A LOT of server space. I'd rather not have that ability than to have the database purged every 3 to 6 months to save space.

I could take it or leave it personally. For now though I've got a nice black & white spread of the 1948 champions. :-)

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not only do I not use 'facebooky features', I don't use Facebook... period... lol

Fakebook

Farcebook

25 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Had over 20K posts, now I'm under.

I lost almost 8,000. :sad:

Are they ever coming back? Post count=life

20 minutes ago, KOJO said:

I could take it or leave it personally. For now though I've got a nice black & white spread of the 1948 champions. :-)

Fakebook

Farcebook

I actually anticipated that happening, and while I couldn't copy everyone's for record keeping, I was able to copy some of the top 20 (or however many were on that 'top posters' page)

Probably what happened is when they rebuilt the database, it recalculated posts based on what's in the database. Of course, they purge the database from time to time to free up the space, which screws up the counts... <_<

Capture.JPG

The skins colors are definitely screwed up. Look at the bottom of the threads, where the page numbers are (shown in the attached picture). The highlighted part needs to be set to a darker color.

colors.JPG

31 minutes ago, KOJO said:

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I actually anticipated that happening, and while I couldn't copy everyone's for record keeping, I was able to copy some of the top 20 (or however many were on that 'top posters' page)

Probably what happened is when they rebuilt the database, it recalculated posts based on what's in the database. Of course, they purge the database from time to time to free up the space, which screws up the counts... <_<

So Mod5 explained this in WU.

2 hours ago, Moderator5 said:

I explained it earlier, there are background processes that take over a day to run.  You should have your full post count sometime tomorrow (hopefully).

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Had over 20K posts, now I'm under.

I lost 10,000 myself.

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Probably a dumb question, but how do you tag someone?

When they aren't looking, run up behind them and touch them and say "Tag, you're IT!" then run...

13 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Phew!

As I said some time ago, a high post count is the first step in my plan towards world domination!

11 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I haven't gone into any of the other "The upgrade sucks!" threads, just this one. lol

I'd still like to know if there is a faster way to move from one forum to another that doesn't require using the "Home" button.

This may have been addressed already or perhaps it's temporarily disabled, but will the list of users who are reading & posting in a topic still appear at the bottom of the page?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The multi-Quote button doesn't seem to work for me. I can click it, but nothing happens.

Works OK here. You should get a little pop-up box in the lower right corner of your screen.

8 minutes ago, KOJO said:

This may have been addressed already or perhaps it's temporarily disabled, but will the list of users who are reading & posting in a topic still appear at the bottom of the page?

Was wondering about this too.

Just now, KOJO said:

Works OK here. You should get a little pop-up box in the lower right corner of your screen.

No, nothing. It's not a big deal, but I do use it from time to time. It might be my browser. I'll try a few other browsers when I feel like it, but if that's it, I won't worry about it too much. Just typical of 'upgrades'. Things work fine, then upgrades break them.

No, nothing. It's not a big deal, but I do use it from time to time. It might be my browser. I'll try a few other browsers when I feel like it, but if that's it, I won't worry about it too much. Just typical of 'upgrades'. Things work fine, then upgrades break them.

I'm on Firefox on Mac if that helps. Also just noticed the little plus sign turns into a check mark.

Just noticed that in the forum, we can't click on the number of replies (like for this thread, it says "1,342 replies"), and see who's posted in that thread or how many times. Just a small thing, but another thing that's gone.

Using Chrome and the multi quote function is working for me. Noticed that if you quote someone and decide not to post it, you can't erase it, you can delete the text, but the quote box stays there.

4 minutes ago, KOJO said:

I'm on Firefox on Mac if that helps. Also just noticed the little plus sign turns into a check mark.

Just noticed that in the forum, we can't click on the number of replies (like for this thread, it says "1,342 replies"), and see who's posted in that thread or how many times. Just a small thing, but another thing that's gone.

Just now, Don Corleone said:

Using Chrome and the multi quote function is working for me. Noticed that if you quote someone and decide not to post it, you can't erase it, you can delete the text, but the quote box stays there.

Using Firefox, it works. So it's just IE (I know, I should dump IE but I just haven't).

20 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I never knew about that one before.

7 hours ago, KOJO said:

I never knew about that one before.

I used it from time to time. One time, someone was trying to ridicule a thread that I posted in CVON as being 'stupid' or 'pointless' or something like that, so I just went to that feature and took a screenshot showing that he was actually one of the top posters in that thread and that he'd posted in it 30 or 40 times or something like that. Needless to say, it shut him up lol.

Ah, the good old days... gone forever, now I suppose...

Thanks for the tip DC and Mod5. One other thing - can we no longer access the board through Spuds' FP posts? Haven't been able to and wondering if it's due to running Adblock Plus on Firefox.