DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

that goes to pe.com

In the Archive, yes. But did you ever click it before the upgrade, on the normal EMB?

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yes. Your functions and mine were reversed somehow

Odd, a curiosity, to be sure. But now that Mr. Lurie has emailed me and explained it, I understand it all and can't speak further of it... :ph34r: 

Dave will there be a mobile version of this board like on the old board? Using the new board on a mobile device is not as user friendly as the old board's mobile version was. I hope we can get a mobile option for the board so for those who like to view the EMB on their mobile devices can have an easier/better way to view/post on the new new new boards. I have been around long enough to remember the last time people hated the new new board. Other then not having a mobile version I have no issues with the new new new site on a pc but it's too much for a mobile device. 

What kind of phone do you have?  This latest upgrade put a huge emphasis on mobile devices and you should be seeing the new format like everyone else.

Same one as before but sometimes when you are using your iPhone you don't want or need the extra new features you just want to be able to see the thread titles easier because the size was bigger, you want to be able to go to the sections easier. I just found the old boards mobile version easier to view/read topics instead of having to adjust the screen just to read what was posted.

Where did the "first unread post" feature go? We used to be able to click that and go straight to where we last stopped reading a topic. Now we have to navigate through a ton of pages to find that position.

6 hours ago, BLEED_EAGLES_GREEN said:

Dave will there be a mobile version of this board like on the old board? Using the new board on a mobile device is not as user friendly as the old board's mobile version was. I hope we can get a mobile option for the board so for those who like to view the EMB on their mobile devices can have an easier/better way to view/post on the new new new boards. I have been around long enough to remember the last time people hated the new new board. Other then not having a mobile version I have no issues with the new new new site on a pc but it's too much for a mobile device. 

Huh? Mobile version is completely different and improved now. Are you using a flip phone from 2002?

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Huh? Mobile version is completely different and improved now. Are you using a flip phone from 2002?

My phone... purchased in 2006:

20160605_200004.jpg

4 hours ago, McNabb2Jackson7 said:

Where did the "first unread post" feature go? We used to be able to click that and go straight to where we last stopped reading a topic. Now we have to navigate through a ton of pages to find that position.

It's still there. Click on the icon to the left of the thread title. It's a star if you've posted in it or a circle if you haven't.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My phone... purchased in 2006:

20160605_200004.jpg

And I thought mine was out of date. I still have a flip from 2008. You should see the looks on the faces of little kids when they see me using it. It's as if I pulled out the kind we used to use in the 80s. :lol:

5 minutes ago, KOJO said:

It's still there. Click on the icon to the left of the thread title. It's a star if you've posted in it or a circle if you haven't.

Thanks, this works somewhat. When I am just looking at the main forums, this works. When I view "topics I follow" there are no icons to the left of the thread title, so if I want to use that feature, I lose the ability to use the first unread post feature. 

1 hour ago, KOJO said:

And I thought mine was out of date. I still have a flip from 2008. You should see the looks on the faces of little kids when they see me using it. It's as if I pulled out the kind we used to use in the 80s. :lol:

I was taking a class at the community college and the professor wrote something on the board and said "you all might want to get a copy if this...", so all of the 20 something's pulled out their phones (iPhones, Samsung's and the like) to take pictures. So after they were all finished, I made a little bit of a show of saying "Wait..." and I pulled out my flip phone and pretended to get a picture... while the entire room was laughing, of course lol.

I refuse to get a smart phone because I don't want a 24 hour, 7 day a week connection to my email or the internet. If I'm driving someplace, I don't want to be "connected".

On mobile: when you get a live notification popup (e.g. someone has quoted you), you can't tap it to then view that post.  You can on desktop.  It's a minor issue - the mobile version is much improved now.  Just wondering if that can be fixed.

And this has always been a problem, but is it possible to "un star" a thread that you've posted in so that you no longer see it in your activity stream?  I'm not talking about the "follow" feature.  I use an activity stream of threads where I've posted in so I can see new posts in that thread.  If there are older threads or just threads I no longer want to see, is there a way to not have them show up in that activity stream?

I don't want to use "follow" because it sends you emails.  There is no option for notifications only.  It's either notification and email, or emails only.

On 6/7/2016 at 2:28 PM, NOTW said:

On mobile: when you get a live notification popup (e.g. someone has quoted you), you can't tap it to then view that post.  You can on desktop.  It's a minor issue - the mobile version is much improved now.  Just wondering if that can be fixed.

Looks like this is fixed now, thanks

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:38 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I hope the little icons next to each forum name will be changed back to the Eagles Logo. It's a tiny little aspect, but makes it more 'brand specific'. Also, will we get the "Dave" icon back for this forum? We need the "Dave" icon, it's a longstanding EMB tradition!

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:02 PM, Moderator5 said:

Oh yeah, forgot to ask about that.  I'll see what we can do.

Something I just noticed about the "Page __ of __" text that I fixed earlier: if you click on it, you can jump to any page in the topic. It works on both web and mobile.

We need the Dave icon back. Any word on that?

What does the pause icon mean at the title on a chrome tab? The forum icon is gone and is replaced by a pause icon.

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

What does the pause icon mean at the title on a chrome tab? The forum icon is gone and is replaced by a pause icon.

ill bet if you click it, youll find out what it does

38 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

ill bet if you click it, youll find out what it does

Clicking it deletes 5,000 posts off your post count.

Anyone having issues on mobile, please tell me what type of phone and browser you have.

The Dave head icon has also been fixed.

1 hour ago, Moderator5 said:

Anyone having issues on mobile, please tell me what type of phone and browser you have.

Now, how about the icons in front of each sub-forum? Right now they're little 'talk bubbles', it'd be better if they were branded with the theme of the skin, like they used to be. They used to be Eagle head logos.  

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:59 AM, Moderator5 said:

I like that they did it in such a way that we have the star or dot to click to go to the first unread post. That was a deficiency in the last upgrade which was never corrected.

Also, there used to be links at the bottom of each thread showing the past topics that were related to the tags of the topic you're in. I believe that got disabled during a period of high traffic, can it be re-enabled or was it done away with in this new version?