DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

Is this still the place to complain about the new Eagle website layout thingamajig?

I have a complaint. I found it beautiful to go into a thread and be able to notice how many others were viewing the thread.

Will this be a possibility again?

That was removed on the new version.

The "two Dave heads" bug has been reported to Invision for troubleshooting.

1 hour ago, Moderator5 said:

What's the bug? I haven't noticed anything of the sort.

EDIT: Never mind, now I see it. That's new, never saw that happen before.

11 hours ago, Moderator5 said:

That was removed on the new version.

Why was it removed?  It seems strange to remove long standing high quality functionality.  Were you getting feedback from the user community that they didn't want that function?

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: B-gLNcpJgBMYDHNyO3PBHGwqku2qt8Uec1nm6H7Oi2tk_6f7pEd44A==

I'm getting this a lot today

Is flood control enabled on this board? I ask because sometimes I'll just get done posting a response in one thread & attempt to respond in another right after but the submit reply box is grayed out. I have to refresh the page to get it to return to normal.

15 hours ago, KOJO said:

Is flood control enabled on this board? I ask because sometimes I'll just get done posting a response in one thread & attempt to respond in another right after but the submit reply box is grayed out. I have to refresh the page to get it to return to normal.

That happens to me every time I post.  It no longer combines recent posts into the same post (thankfully), but the "submit reply" button changes to "Saving..." after I post and I have to refresh to make another post.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

That happens to me every time I post.  It no longer combines recent posts into the same post (thankfully), but the "submit reply" button changes to "Saving..." after I post and I have to refresh to make another post.

I haven't noticed that, so I'm posting this to test it...

This seems to be popping up for me today

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/53-conflicting-views-and-other-news/ was not found on this server.

It wasn't just CVON either, I got the same thing when I tried to enter here, to post that the first time.

Wanted to edit the post above to add this

This Community is Not Available

Please contact the community owner for assistance.

But, when I clicked to edit, the edit option just disappeared.

On 6/1/2016 at 2:08 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'd have rioted if they had! I noticed that some of the old emoticons from before the upgrade were showing up as code though. That's usually how I used them anyway, I just typed their code. Let's see if the code still works...

:rod: 

Ok, well that was cool... I typed the code and it instantly converted it to the emoticon.

:phil:

46 minutes ago, Joelc said:

Dave, why is there only 5 photo's everyday?   Other teams have 50 or 60.

On 8/20/2012 at 6:28 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You might want to make a new thread for this, this specific thread as is for issues with the EMB itself, not football questions or comments.

Mods, I suggest a thread title change to indicate it's for technical errors using the site.

49 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Mods, I suggest a thread title change to indicate it's for technical errors using the site.

Then I wouldn't be able to pad my post count... :o 

Issue:  Signatures are back, but I don't see in my profile where I can edit it.

New issue I've seen the last couple days and just happened right now with this post.  I make a post (signature issue above) then click into the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread and the same exact text I just posted appears again.  I then have to delete it.

Another issue I've seen with the new upgrade is that if I click quote in a thread but then decide not to submit the reply and leave, that quoted text remains in the post even if I go back later.  So let's say I click quote on poster 1, start to reply but then change my mind and do not submit.  Then later I go to that same thread and click quote on poster 2, the reply box does not quote poster 2 but keeps the quoted text from poster 1.  I have to delete the text, then go find the new post I want to quote again and click quote again.

It's also difficult to delete quoted text especially if media is involved.  If you highlight everything in the post and delete, it only deletes text.  You have to hover over the quote or media box and click the plus sign in the top left corner and then delete.  If you click the backspace key (thinking you are deleting) it actually makes your browser go back to the previous page and you have to start over again.

On mobile:  adding media by choosing your own files to upload (which is a great feature of the upgrade btw rather than having to copy a link to an image), when I add one and post it, I then click into the quick reply box to make another post and if I want to add another file (like a meme picture for example) clicking the choose files does not work.  I have to refresh the page and then repeat for it to work.  this is on Android using Samsung Galaxy phone.