DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Issue:  Signatures are back, but I don't see in my profile where I can edit it.

Click on your user name, then go to Account Settings, it's in there.

44 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Click on your user name, then go to Account Settings, it's in there.

Oh, thanks.  It doesn't make sense that it would be under account settings with private things like email address and password, and not in the "Edit profile" section where you edit things that display to other users.

Anyone ever going to fix the quoting issues?

Most importantly not being able to delete a quote box on mobile?

54 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Anyone ever going to fix the quoting issues?

Most importantly not being able to delete a quote box on mobile?

You have to tap the box on the top left corner then hit backspace and it will delete.

On 8/2/2016 at 7:30 AM, NOTW said:

Another issue I've seen with the new upgrade is that if I click quote in a thread but then decide not to submit the reply and leave, that quoted text remains in the post even if I go back later.  So let's say I click quote on poster 1, start to reply but then change my mind and do not submit.  Then later I go to that same thread and click quote on poster 2, the reply box does not quote poster 2 but keeps the quoted text from poster 1.  I have to delete the text, then go find the new post I want to quote again and click quote again.

It's also difficult to delete quoted text especially if media is involved.  If you highlight everything in the post and delete, it only deletes text.  You have to hover over the quote or media box and click the plus sign in the top left corner and then delete.  If you click the backspace key (thinking you are deleting) it actually makes your browser go back to the previous page and you have to start over again.

On 8/2/2016 at 7:33 AM, NOTW said:

On mobile:  adding media by choosing your own files to upload (which is a great feature of the upgrade btw rather than having to copy a link to an image), when I add one and post it, I then click into the quick reply box to make another post and if I want to add another file (like a meme picture for example) clicking the choose files does not work.  I have to refresh the page and then repeat for it to work.  this is on Android using Samsung Galaxy phone.

?

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You have to tap the box on the top left corner then hit backspace and it will delete.

does not work on mobile

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

does not work on mobile

It does for me, did you think I was just making that up?

Just now, NOTW said:

It does for me, did you think I was just making that up?

yes. because it has never worked that way for me.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yes. because it has never worked that way for me.

Well it works for me and that's all I care about.

Seriously though it might be different platforms or devices.  I'm on Android on a Samsung Galaxy S6.  

There are some things on here that don't work for me that work for others.  It's screwy.

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Well it works for me and that's all I care about.

Seriously though it might be different platforms or devices.  I'm on Android on a Samsung Galaxy S6.  

There are some things on here that don't work for me that work for others.  It's screwy.

I have an s6 edge, using chrome. It has never worked for me.

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have an s6 edge, using chrome. It has never worked for me.

Hmm.  What about just placing the cursor in the reply box and holding in backspace until everything deletes?

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Hmm.  What about just placing the cursor in the reply box and holding in backspace until everything deletes?

nothing works. It is impossible to delete the quote box on mobile, which really sucks since we still have the issue of unwanted quotes automatically showing up when you try to reply. 

Testing this on mobile. I just tapped the quote box and hit backspace and it removed the quote box.

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

nothing works. It is impossible to delete the quote box on mobile, which really sucks since we still have the issue of unwanted quotes automatically showing up when you try to reply. 

Android or iPhone? Not that I have a solution, I'm just curious.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Android or iPhone? Not that I have a solution, I'm just curious.

android. galaxy s6 edge with chrome browser.

been over this with the mods. but nothing has ever been fixed.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have an Android tablet, Samsung in fact. I'll check it out with that and see if I have a similar issue and if I can figure out a solution if I do.

27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Make sure your chrome is up to date as well as any pending system updates on your phone.  Do you have a tablet you could try it on to compare?

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Make sure your chrome is up to date as well as any pending system updates on your phone.  Do you have a tablet you could try it on to compare?

I dont have a tablet. all of my apps are up to date.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'll try this out on a tablet an iPhone later and see if I get the same result but I've been able to do it so far.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm on my tablet now, and I can touch the upper left corner of the quote box, then hit the backspace of the virtual keyboard and it deletes the quote box, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be of much help.

14 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Not a huge deal, but, friends list/followers have disappeared, so I have to go back and re-add people.

That's one of the disappointments of this upgrade. I had several friends in my friends list who have since passed away, now the EMB has even taken them out of my friends list <_< 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's one of the disappointments of this upgrade. I had several friends in my friends list who have since passed away, now the EMB has even taken them out of my friends list <_< 

Damn man, that sucks :sad:

The friend/follower system was changed in the new version. With the old "friend" system, you could like certain posters and show support for them but it really didn't mean anything in terms of board functionality. The new "follower" system is like Twitter and other social media sites where you see everything that person writes and can get notified. If someone had dozens (or hundreds) of "friends" that suddenly became people they followed, their notifications and inbox would be blowing up, so the decision was made to start fresh and let the users decide who they want to follow moving forward.

I understand that, but I added/followed people after the change was made and I just noticed they disappeared and I'm having to re-add them.