DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

1,644 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

The friend/follower system was changed in the new version. With the old "friend" system, you could like certain posters and show support for them but it really didn't mean anything in terms of board functionality. The new "follower" system is like Twitter and other social media sites where you see everything that person writes and can get notified. If someone had dozens (or hundreds) of "friends" that suddenly became people they followed, their notifications and inbox would be blowing up, so the decision was made to start fresh and let the users decide who they want to follow moving forward.

Still sucks that those that I'd left in my friends list who had passed away, as a tribute to them, were arbitrarily removed. It's not the end of the world, or something to 'get up in arms' over. But a 'shake your head in disappointment' sort of thing.

Didn't have an issue before, but, when posting videos, only the link seems to be popping up.

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Didn't have an issue before, but, when posting videos, only the link seems to be popping up.

I've found that only a link will show if the video is not enabled (on YouTube) for embedding. For instance, if I try to post a video from the NFL's YouTube channel, it won't show up as a video here. Only as a link. But if I post a video from Hickok45's channel, it'll show up as a video.

The NFL has embedding turned off, so you have to watch it on YouTube. That's the only reason that I can think of as to why it won't show as a video and only shows as a link.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've found that only a link will show if the video is not enabled (on YouTube) for embedding. For instance, if I try to post a video from the NFL's YouTube channel, it won't show up as a video here. Only as a link. But if I post a video from Hickok45's channel, it'll show up as a video.

The NFL has embedding turned off, so you have to watch it on YouTube. That's the only reason that I can think of as to why it won't show as a video and only shows as a link.

That's interesting, you're right, the video's I was trying to post were from the NFL, I can post any other video just fine. Thank you man.

1 person likes this

On 8/9/2016 at 2:56 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have an Android tablet, Samsung in fact. I'll check it out with that and see if I have a similar issue and if I can figure out a solution if I do.

Just learned that backspace works on the default keyboard. But I am using google keyboard.

Is there a way invision can work to make it possible to delete quote boxes on goodle keyboard @Moderator5?

Good because I switched back to the Samsung keyboard thinking it'd be worth it to have this site function properly.  But I can't.  This keyboard is way too sucky. I'm switching back to Google. 

They should work on compatibility with a few of the most popular keyboard apps.  Mainly probably Google and swype.

Go into the Eagles News Discussion forum and sort results by Start Date.

1 hour ago, rjgula52 said:

When can teams sign players to their Practice Squad?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2014 at 11:50 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You should post this in a thread of its own. This thread is specifically for technical problems with the EMB (the message board).

Football type questions don't get answered in here.

I saw a new message today on my keyboard  (Samsung Galaxy s6).

"Block quote widget" was an option.

I wonder if phone settings are causing the problem for certain people.

Dave, I'm having some problems with Notifications.  I often get a Notification that tells me that multiple people have responded to one of my posts, but when I click on the Notification link it only takes me to the first of those responses.  How can I selectively navigate to each of responses?

Thanks

Matt

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Dave, I'm having some problems with Notifications.  I often get a Notification that tells me that multiple people have responded to one of my posts, but when I click on the Notification link it only takes me to the first of those responses.  How can I selectively navigate to each of responses?

Thanks

Matt

I've noticed that too, and don't see any way to selectively pick which response you go to. I just go to the one that the link takes me to and then scroll through to the others. Usually, the remainder of the thread doesn't consist of a lot of posts so the other responses are close by.

38 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Thanks

Matt

Same here.  It just goes to the first one then you have to scroll to find the others.

On 8/2/2016 at 7:33 AM, NOTW said:

On mobile:  adding media by choosing your own files to upload (which is a great feature of the upgrade btw rather than having to copy a link to an image), when I add one and post it, I then click into the quick reply box to make another post and if I want to add another file (like a meme picture for example) clicking the choose files does not work.  I have to refresh the page and then repeat for it to work.  this is on Android using Samsung Galaxy phone.

?

Quote issues continue as well.  

1. Click quote: the last post you made shows up instead.  Have to delete, then click quote again.  Every time.

2. Go back to a thread you posted in prior, go to the quick reply box and the last post you made appears.  You have to delete it first.

Some users have issues where they simply cannot delete the quoted text on mobile.  This apparently is due to custom keyboard apps such as Google or others instead of using the standard app that came with the phone.  It may also be a phone setting, as I noted previously there was a message on my phone asking if I wanted to "block quote widget" or not.  

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:17 PM, NOTW said:

Quote issues continue as well.  

1. Click quote: the last post you made shows up instead.  Have to delete, then click quote again.  Every time.

2. Go back to a thread you posted in prior, go to the quick reply box and the last post you made appears.  You have to delete it first.

Some users have issues where they simply cannot delete the quoted text on mobile.  This apparently is due to custom keyboard apps such as Google or others instead of using the standard app that came with the phone.  It may also be a phone setting, as I noted previously there was a message on my phone asking if I wanted to "block quote widget" or not.  

This may or may not be related, but I've noticed that if I begin a post but never finish it and instead move on to something else, when I go back to that thread to post something else, my unfinished post is there waiting to be finished. For instance, I was in CVON posting in the NRA thread about one of the rifles that I'm thinking of upgrading. After I typed a few lines, I realized that I'd actually already posted almost the same thoughts, a month or so earlier. So rather than be repetitive, I backed out of the thread. I didn't delete the unfinished post though. A few days later, I went in and was replying to someone else and when I clicked "Quote" on that persons post, it took me to the reply box where my unfinished post was waiting to be finished. So I had to delete it, then go back to the post that I was trying to quote, so I could reply to it.  

That sounds like the issue you're talking about, only it sounds like the post in your reply box was the most recent post that you actually posted whereas mine is a post that I never posted. Is that correct, or is the remaining post that you're talking about, an unfinished, un-posted post as well?

My most frustrating issue is when I make a post and find an error in re-reading it after posting it, I go back to edit it but can't actually edit any of the text. It gives me a small area at the top of the post where I can add text, but the body of my post is un-editable. That happened in The 411 the other day. I copied and pasted an article from the Chicago Tribune and the first letter of the first word (The) on their site, didn't paste to my post. So instead of the word 'The', it's just 'he'. So I went to edit it and couldn't actually edit anything at all.

I thought i might be the browser, so I tried to do it in Chrome, Firefox an IE and all three had the same issue. If I could turn off the automatic coding and manually enter the coding, I'd be able to fix it. But that function is gone in this upgrade. <_< 

This is a screen cap of the specific thread that I was referring to above. As you can see, there's a thin text box inside the article, where I can add text but none of the text below (or above) that can be edited.

edit.JPG

Does anyone else ever come across the problem on some threads where you want to post, but the thread keeps popping up and keeps the reply box off the bottom of the screen so you can't reply? No matter how many times you try to scroll the screen, it just pops back off the screen.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Does anyone else ever come across the problem on some threads where you want to post, but the thread keeps popping up and keeps the reply box off the bottom of the screen so you can't reply? No matter how many times you try to scroll the screen, it just pops back off the screen.

No, but I've had the "show new replies" box pop up and if you click "show replies" it jumps to them and then you have to scroll back to your post in the reply box and continue.

Just now, NOTW said:

No, but I've had the "show new replies" box pop up and if you click "show replies" it jumps to them and then you have to scroll back to your post in the reply box and continue.

The specific thread where I just had it happen is the Hillary Illegal Email Server thread in CVON but I've had it happen on other threads too and I've used various browsers, and that didn't matter. I'll try it again in a little while with a different computer or my tablet and see how it goes.

I just hate not being able to turn 'auto code' off, I don't know if that's the issue, but I still hate it. I'd prefer to do the coding myself.

Hitting enter makes everything double spaced.  So you can't make a list of items without it being double spaced unless you use bullet points.  This makes the post too long.  I don't see a setting to change to single spaced.

It also seems we can no longer change the amount of posts per page right?

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It also seems we can no longer change the amount of posts per page right?

I looked for that and couldn't find it in the short search that I made. I was able to get my post through using my tabled though, but it still did the 'screen pop up' thing. This version definitely has its bugs, which is why I hate 'upgrades'.