DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

1,644 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, Moderator5 said:

Nothing to report yet.

Looks like the upgrade fixed the incessant scrolling issue. Normally, I hate upgrades, but I'm glad that it fixed that issue.

Very strange behavior today. Keep getting a "This community is unavailable" message at random times, giant post formatting at random times, can't reply at random times. Anyone else?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, KOJO said:

Very strange behavior today. Keep getting a "This community is unavailable" message at random times, giant post formatting at random times, can't reply at random times. Anyone else?

Yes, same. Still getting "This Community is Not Available"

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, KOJO said:

Yeah, I'm on my laptop right now and I can post. On my main PC though, after I posted the post a few above this one, I was no longer able to post at all. I click on the reply box to type, and it goes away, leaving only the ability to post images.

I'll have to reboot the PC though and see if that fixes it, because here on my laptop, I can post. Very odd...

After rebooting, I still can't post using my main PC. After clicking the area to reply, this is all I get (and can't type anything). This is with IE 11.0.37 and Firefox 50.1.0

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Yes, same. Still getting "This Community is Not Available"

I'm getting this A LOT

Using Chrome

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

I'm getting this A LOT

Using Chrome

Another issue I've found, is that if someone posts something from Twitter, the post disappears and in it's place is a big box that says "This Community is Not Available" until I refresh the page.

Ok, looks like my issue is a setting in the ACP, it has to be. Likely my permissions are screwed up. I can post here now, but I can't post anywhere else.

5 hours ago, KOJO said:

Yep.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I'm on my laptop right now and I can post. On my main PC though, after I posted the post a few above this one, I was no longer able to post at all. I click on the reply box to type, and it goes away, leaving only the ability to post images.

I'll have to reboot the PC though and see if that fixes it, because here on my laptop, I can post. Very odd...

I would get that issue if I entered a thread after getting the community unavailable message. If I backed out, and went back in the thread without getting that message, I was able to post.

25 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Another issue I've found, is that if someone posts something from Twitter, the post disappears and in it's place is a big box that says "This Community is Not Available" until I refresh the page.

I was having that issue as well. And to make matters worse, trying to scroll past it, it would force the thread to scroll back up. I had to constantly refresh the page until the tweet came back to get it to stop.

1 person likes this

The boards are acting up for me too.  Invision might be working on something.

28 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

The boards are acting up for me too.  Invision might be working on something.

Yeah, they're working on something. My ability to post comes and goes.

The incessant scroll when tweets are posted seems to be fixed, but I did notice it happening when someone posted a copy of the 'Community not available' screen. So there still seems to be a bug somewhere, but hopefully, it won't rear it's head as often as it did with tweets.

I don't know what the issue could be that seems to allow a lot of others to post, but 99% of the time, I can't. I hope this is something that they get a handle on and fix. As has been said by some others, I seem to do fine until that "Community Is Not Available" comes up, then I can do nothing again.

This isn't browser specific, nor computer specific. I've tried 3 browsers on 2 systems and then my tablet too and the same problems persist. So it's not like I can just use a different browser.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know what the issue could be that seems to allow a lot of others to post, but 99% of the time, I can't. I hope this is something that they get a handle on and fix. As has been said by some others, I seem to do fine until that "Community Is Not Available" comes up, then I can do nothing again.

This isn't browser specific, nor computer specific. I've tried 3 browsers on 2 systems and then my tablet too and the same problems persist. So it's not like I can just use a different browser.

I had the same issue on my phone and PC. It only got working again when I backed out of a thread, and got back in without seeing the community message. So far today, I haven't noticed any issues.

1 person likes this

Dear Spuds,every single command shows up as a Link for me on the EMB. I don't have 1 single tab on the MB version. And I can't 'Multi-Quote' anything! So I use the PE.com side cause that's the only way that I can post if I want to reply to someone and have my post connected to the user that I am quoting without flip-flopping back and forth. VERY DISCOURAGING! I have sent messages to 6 or 7 moderators but nobody responds,and that was from November 20-26th approximately. I'm using the 'Desktop' version on a MacBook-MAC OS X (v10.6.8) Snow Leopard w/Safari. PLEASE HELP! Sincerely, EaglesTD123 PS-You do an outstanding job for this fine organization!

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I had the same issue on my phone and PC. It only got working again when I backed out of a thread, and got back in without seeing the community message. So far today, I haven't noticed any issues.

I tried that too, and it wouldn't work for me at all, regardless. I'm assuming they've fixed it though, because I was able to quote you and reply without a problem. Though this is the first time I've tried today, so we'll see if it stays that way.

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know what the issue could be that seems to allow a lot of others to post, but 99% of the time, I can't.

I don't see this as an issue ........................

21 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

It looks OK to me.

I found a bug in the moderator tools that affects moving of topics from one forum to another, so we'll need Invision's help with that one as well.

1 person likes this

Yesterday while the board was going through the upgrade, or whatever it was, the issue was there, today though, seems to be fine. I should have updated that. Thank you for looking into it though, I appreciate it.

This is what I get on the Leaderboard on IE. It seems to work on other Browsers though.

Leader.JPG

Our moderator options were fixed. They forgot to update a template. <_<